They could make a deal:

Apps for running some of their important things on a secure BlackBerry Server.

Posted via CB10
    I've got some potatoes if that will help.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-07-16 10:12 PM
    Making money on software losing on hardware what would you do ?
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-08-16 11:23 PM
    Yes that is true but just remember, their opinion is just as valid as yours considering both are just as informed as each other.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I've seen this sort of weird claim before and it's just not true. If someone did license and make a BB10 we'd have a new context to consider - however on our current information - it's just not a rational position to take given the last four years and the way BB10 has been left for dead.
    JeepBB and StephanieMaks like this.
    10-09-16 05:50 AM
    Because, of course, in the land of rainbows and unicorns, BB is the only company in the world with secure servers... LOL.
    You might be right.

But I don't see it as "the solution".
    It's more spinning thoughts about it.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 06:40 AM
    I've seen this sort of weird claim before and it's just not true. If someone did license and make a BB10 we'd have a new context to consider - however on our current information - it's just not a rational position to take given the last four years and the way BB10 has been left for dead.
    When did i say anything about BB10?

10-09-16 09:48 AM
    When did i say anything about BB10?

I can only speak for myself when I say I have come to associate BB10 with denial.
    10-09-16 10:12 AM
    I can only speak for myself when I say I have come to associate BB10 with denial.
    I'll not in denial about anything. In fact i highly doubt anything BB10 will ever see the light of day. My response was to a comment that had nothing to do with BB10. Some people in here write lengthy posts with opinionated claims (stated as facts) as to what the final outcome of everything BlackBerry is going be. All I'm saying is those opinions are just as valid as the opposite view point since neither have a clue of what's on. For all anyone knows is there are licensing deals in place but can't be announced till February 28th when Chen claimed this new strategy officially begins.
    I have no clue one way or other or if we'll ever see another BlackBerry device after the supposed PKB coming. One thing i do know is claiming one way or the other doesn't mean anything considering nobody knows. In fact the person i was responding to had already emphatically stated that the Z30 would be the last BlackBerry device ever. That was FACT for him. So yes if one keeps saying it about every device that ever comes out eventually they may be right.

10-09-16 10:22 AM
    I'll not in denial about anything.
    Take it easy fella.
    I was not suggesting that you were in denial about anything.
    The picture in the post was about denial and I associate BB10 with denial.
    10-09-16 10:34 AM
    Take it easy fella.
    I was not suggesting that you were in denial about anything.
    The picture in the post was about denial and I associate BB10 with denial.
    Fair enough. Your response quoted my post and by the one with the picture.

10-09-16 11:16 AM
    I still hope for new devices. I'm sure they having something in the works and maybe even a BB10 phone.

10-10-16 03:59 AM
    How much clearer does John Chen have to be? Their focus is going to be software.

The only hardware they'll make will come from third party oems
    JeepBB and blackmass like this.
    10-10-16 04:10 AM
    I still hope for new devices. I'm sure they having something in the works and maybe even a BB10 phone.

I REALLY don't get this.
    They have said no hardware, how can u "hope" / why would they lie ?
    Carrtman and ardakca like this.
    10-10-16 04:49 AM
    I REALLY don't get this.
    They have said no hardware, how can u "hope" / why would they lie ?
    Well maybe he is hopeful about 3rd parties . I would only carry hope if mercury is somewhat successful and a 3rd party oem continues the design in an evolution manner. Other than that Mercury will be my longest phone
    blackmass likes this.
    10-10-16 05:33 AM
    How much clearer does John Chen have to be? Their focus is going to be software.

The only hardware they'll make will come from third party oems
    You're using facts to counter faith...?

Good luck with that.
    10-10-16 05:48 AM
    Still surprised they haven't tried hinting at bringing back BBOS.... sadly at this point it probably would be received better by some markets (like the ones that are considering licensing BlackBerry).

But at this point... Android is really the only usable platform, thus it will be what any future released BlackBerry licensed hardware will be running.... and I kinda doubt it will even be BlackBerry's version of Android for long.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-10-16 07:34 AM

Good luck with that.
    You and the poster you responded to are using your own interpretation to slam what someone said. He hopes for new devices. He didn't say he hopes for new devices designed and built in house by BlackBerry.

10-10-16 09:51 AM
    Irony?

Posting this:

You and the poster you responded to are using your own interpretation to slam what someone said. He hopes for new devices. He didn't say he hopes for new devices designed and built in house by BlackBerry.
    and accusing my post:

Good luck with that.
    of "slamming", can only be an attempt at ironic humour?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-10-16 11:42 AM
    Irony?

Posting this:

and accusing my post:

of "slamming", can only be an attempt at ironic humour?
    Lol yes okay. You weren't making fun of him hoping for more devices at all with your condescending post.

10-10-16 11:50 AM
    Still surprised they haven't tried hinting at bringing back BBOS.... sadly at this point it probably would be received better by some markets (like the ones that are considering licensing BlackBerry).

But at this point... Android is really the only usable platform, thus it will be what any future released BlackBerry licensed hardware will be running.... and I kinda doubt it will even be BlackBerry's version of Android for long.
    I doubt even BB believes that there is a sustainable market for BBOS or BB10 for that matter. Android is what will be licensed I am sure by anyone choosing to buy a licence.

The Indonesian phone will be Android - Chen said so in the ER (page 2 of the transcript for anyone following along at home ) and that used to be a huge BBOS market IIRC... not any longer.
    10-10-16 11:54 AM
    I doubt even BB believes that there is a sustainable market for BBOS or BB10 for that matter. Android is what will be licensed I am sure by anyone choosing to buy a licence.

The Indonesian phone will be Android - Chen said so in the ER (page 2 of the transcript for anyone following along at home ) and that used to be a huge BBOS market IIRC... not any longer.
    Actually I think it's still a huge BBOS market (well compared to the overall BB market of maybe 20 million users)... an article from mid summer said Indonesia had almost 10 million BlackBerry hardware users, and I really doubt many of them are using BB10. Back when Z3 launched there were a few posters here that said the Z10 and Q10 were too expensive for that market and most everyone he knew of were still using BBOS due to BIS fitting their market needs. (Granted that has been almost two years).

I don't expect we will really see BBOS or BB10 on another device. to be honest I kinda don't expect to see BlackBerry to even offer their own version of Android for long...
    10-10-16 01:21 PM
    Hypothetical question-
    IF bb releases a bb10 rom, wud it b possible to flash it on a iPhone ?
    Considering the drivers for the chipset issue, boot loader issue.
    10-10-16 01:28 PM
    Hypothetical question-
    IF bb releases a bb10 rom, wud it b possible to flash it on a iPhone ?
    Considering the drivers for the chipset issue, boot loader issue.
    No....
    10-10-16 01:32 PM
    No....
    Is that a strict no or is there a lil scope for ifs & buts
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and JeepBB like this.
    10-10-16 01:38 PM
    No.
    10-10-16 02:03 PM
    It's just a little airborne! It's still good! It's still good!
    blackmass likes this.
    10-10-16 02:25 PM
208 ... 6789