BB10 is a good OS.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    It's a great OS. The issue I see is they have gone almost two years without any significant development or any SDK updates. So it may have been ahead of its time but it's to the point that it will get surpassed as development sits idol.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-05-16 04:50 PM
    It's a great OS. The issue I see is they have gone almost two years without any significant development or any SDK updates. So it may have been ahead of its time but it's to the point that it will get surpassed as development sits idol.

You won't see that running on an Idol... DTEK runs Android...
    10-05-16 05:09 PM
    Doesn't mean it's not a great OS. Also doesn't mean we won't see it running on a future device.

10-05-16 05:23 PM
    I didn't mention that at all. I said it being surpassed by other OS' for sitting idol for 2 years.

10-05-16 05:43 PM
    I didn't mention that at all. I said it being surpassed by other OS' for sitting idol for 2 years.

I was just poking at your spelling mistake... idle... Idol... DTEK. :P
    10-05-16 05:53 PM
    I was just poking at your spelling mistake... idle... Idol... DTEK. :P
    Lmao touche

10-05-16 06:43 PM
    NA.
    10-06-16 06:38 AM
    Doesn't mean it's not a great OS. Also doesn't mean we won't see it running on a future device.

What is the point of another OS10 device - with the Android runtime getting outdated day by day & more Android apps dropping support
    Last edited by blackmass; 10-06-16 at 06:53 AM.
    10-06-16 06:43 AM
    What is the point of another OS10 device - with the Android runtime getting outdated day by day & more Android apps dropping support
    BB10 devices only run Android apps?

10-06-16 10:54 AM
    BB10 devices only run Android apps?

Well, they run native apps sure, but BBW does not hav all the apps.
    I am sure you too wud need a few Android apps.
    10-06-16 11:16 AM
    Well, they run native apps sure, but BBW does not hav all the apps.
    I am sure you too wud need a few Android apps.
    I'm sure the app situation would be taken into account by any third party licensees.

10-06-16 11:19 AM
    I'm sure the app situation would be taken into account by any third party licensees.

If i talk of Asia, i suppose it can b done by using the baidu/ yandex services, like nokia did in Russia.
    But i don't think the Americans will use either of these. And i suppose u were basically talking about NA.
    In China u don't need the damned Android runtime, YunOs & baidu services will do all the work. But beyond China....???
    Last edited by blackmass; 10-06-16 at 12:22 PM.
    10-06-16 12:01 PM
    In China u don't need the damned Android runtime, YunOs & baidu services will do all the work. But beyond China....???
    Those Chinese services are normally accessed via Android apps which need Android to run on. I suppose you could use the mobile websites, though. Just because they don't use Google Play doesn't mean they don't use Android or Android apps.
    10-06-16 10:07 PM
    Those Chinese services are normally accessed via Android apps which need Android to run on. I suppose you could use the mobile websites, though. Just because they don't use Google Play doesn't mean they don't use Android or Android apps.
    Definitely they need Android.
    YunOs is just an Android fork.
    And if all this talk, of blackberry doing a bb10 phone in Asia, is even remotely materialized, then bb will do good for itself to hav a Yun runtime on those devices.
    10-07-16 03:23 AM
    I bet big names would release their bb10 apps.
    10-07-16 09:43 AM
    I bet big names would release their bb10 apps.
    They could make a deal:

Apps for running some of their important things on a secure BlackBerry Server.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 10:07 AM
    They could make a deal:

Apps for running some of their important things on a secure BlackBerry Server.

Posted via CB10
    Because, of course, in the land of rainbows and unicorns, BB is the only company in the world with secure servers... LOL.
    StephanieMaks and JeepBB like this.
    10-07-16 10:59 AM
    Because, of course, in the land of rainbows and unicorns, BB is the only company in the world with secure servers... LOL.
    Yet you continue to hang around that land. Says more about you lol.

10-07-16 12:25 PM
    No, I'm pretty grounded in reality - along with MOST of the folks here. There's a handful of folks who have trouble with reality when it doesn't match their own desires, though.

Is it 'finally' over?-denial1.png
    3Dee, zephyr613 and Bbnivende like this.
    10-07-16 12:45 PM
    No, I'm pretty grounded in reality - along with MOST of the folks here. There's a handful of folks who have trouble with reality when it doesn't match their own desires, though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	denial1.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	902.4 KB 
ID:	409703
    Yes that is true but just remember, their opinion is just as valid as yours considering both are just as informed as each other.

10-07-16 12:48 PM
    Well, I don't know how people sound so sure all the time. Lot of folks didn't believe PKB was coming actually they still don't believe eventhough Alex clearly stated. Anyways, I am pretty tired of all the doom bringers who disguise themselves as realists. Nothing is for sure. It is simple as that. Apart from BB10, any big name Chinese company might want BlackBerry Android also. It is probable. I just don't get the negativity here. Anyways, I tend to ignore any comment (which has none backing facts but simply a personal thought) bashing BlackBerry on a BlackBerry fan site.

Considering BlackBerry will just let bb10 die ( again which they consistently said will support in the future) a Chinese company may buy whole of the os and develop it from the point BlackBerry left. This is not impossible also. Why is it so hard to understand? Which Western Government is solely relied on BB10? If they were the only choice and BlackBerry was making profit I bet BlackBerry would continue to release phones for them. What I see is Chinese market plus Russia (but not that big) definitely want their own ecosystem that is not built on Google. This is pretty obvious. So what is it that makes these realists wage war against this thought? I really don't understand. What is the point of commenting on a forum thread in the first place then?
    Last edited by ardakca; 10-07-16 at 04:30 PM.
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    10-07-16 04:19 PM
    Well, I don't know how people sound so sure all the time. Lot of folks didn't believe Mercury was coming actually they still don't believe eventhough Alex clearly stated.
    Not to be a feared "realist", but I should clarify your statement.

We don't actually know if the Mercury will be released or not. Thurber and Chen said "a" pkb device will be released. It may be a licensed device, and have no relation to the in-house design. And it may be limited to certain geographical areas.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-07-16 04:28 PM

We don't actually know if the Mercury will be released or not. Thurber and Chen said "a" pkb device will be released. It may be a licensed device, and have no relation to the in-house design.
    Yes, thanks for the correction.
    10-07-16 04:29 PM

We don't actually know if the Mercury will be released or not. Thurber and Chen said "a" pkb device will be released. It may be a licensed device, and have no relation to the in-house design. And it may be limited to certain geographical areas.
    Alex clearly said global release. I think BBC videos had it.
    Video minute 01.20 and on.

Moreover this kind of explains in house development, plus Chen already said they had one but wasn't sure to release it.

�I think there�s a demand for keyboard phones. As we�ve been showing mockups of what we�ve been working on, to our carrier and distributor partners, they are very excited about this,� Thurber said in the three-minute video.

So as a fact checker,

Chen said no more in house development after February 2017.
    Chen said pkb existed but needed a business case from partners.
    Alex said they have shown the pkb mock ups to partners. Partners were excited.
    Alex said 6 month release window.
    There are more than 2 people who held the prototypes. Saying exactly the same things about the design and some specs.
    There is a photo (not a render) of a presentation.
    Bla1ze said it was coming even though he is skeptical about the looks and specs which is fair.

So I don't know how a realist might want to believe otherwise.

Last edited by ardakca; 10-07-16 at 04:55 PM.
    10-07-16 04:42 PM

Or it may very well be the Mercury and released on ShopBlackBerry.com and through a few carriers in North America.

They did say their in-house handset operations won't completely shut down until February 2017.

I counter your pessimism with a healthy dose of optimism.
    10-07-16 04:43 PM
208 ... 56789