After extensive use of my iPhone 5s I finally found 1 feature that is better than my Q10 and/or Z10. Here goes! With the iPhone you can magically flip one button and the phone goes to vibrate! I sure do miss holding the # key on my bold or using holster settings. My company sure did make the right decision going with iPhone. No excuses if your phone rings in our meetings.

Sent from my iPhone 5s, Z10, or Q10 on Verizon from Philly.
    10-24-13 10:16 PM
    lol, i always wondered how easy is it to accidently switch that button on and off.
    10-24-13 10:30 PM
    lol, i always wondered how easy is it to accidently switch that button on and off.
    Happened to me all the time back when I had an iPhone. That ****'s not cool in class, people freak the **** out.
    10-24-13 10:32 PM
    Happened to me all the time back when I had an iPhone. That ****'s not cool in class, people freak the **** out.
    Really? never happen to me but i did tend to play with mine when i got bored
    10-24-13 10:36 PM
    I'm freaked out that perfect strangers are discussing vibrators

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 10:37 PM
    Are you talking about the physical switch on the side? Really? Ok then. I just use the pull down options on BB10. Takes a few seconds and you really have no excuse in a meeting or in class no matter what phone you have. Wait are you yankin' my chain Rosco?
    Last edited by eddy_berry; 10-25-13 at 05:48 PM.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    10-24-13 10:38 PM
    Didn't palm used to have that button too?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 10:43 PM
    Every time I walk into class, I wake my phone up, slide down from the top, push the Notification Sound button to switch to silent, and then put the phone to sleep and back in my pocket.

Phew...so worn out every time I do it. Can barely stay awake through class. You're right, very exhausting. Almost as exhausting as pushing a "Home'" button to do anything on a phone...
    eddy_berry, mbangoza and kbz1960 like this.
    10-24-13 11:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    A topic best discussed online with perfect strangers
    10-25-13 12:42 AM
    Well, i wasted my time here..
    10-25-13 12:45 AM
    Ha.

My friend's 4S was running fine until that button stopped working. When it stops working, it stops working completely and you have to do things the old fashioned way by turning it to vibrate by going through the menus to profiles.

Of course Apple didn't cover it, and my friend had to pay $150 for a new phone from an Apple store, which my friend described as a "deal" because the Apple guy somehow hooked him up with that price. I couldn't believe it.

I do miss the pressing Q to turn BlackBerrys to vibrate though.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    10-25-13 02:49 AM
    Well, i wasted my time here..
    Lol... You're not only wasting your time, you're wasting your energy typing on here...
    10-25-13 06:47 AM
    Buttons are so 2011. But I do miss the silent button on my bold 9000.

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    10-25-13 06:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    OMG. ROTFL. Made my day!

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    10-25-13 07:40 AM
    You need a physical option for that?
    Settings->Main Volume->Always adjust media volume=OFF

Now press the down volume button until the volume is all the way down. Then press it again and it turns vibrate only on. The up volume turns vibrate off.

Posted via CB10
    I think you missed the joke here...

10-25-13 04:54 PM
    It would be awesome if BlackBerry adds an option to turn the phone back from silent after a specific time set by the user, I always forget to turn mine back after class.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 05:50 PM
    I guess I'm in the minority in this thread.

I side with the OP and wish the Z10 had a way of doing this. I loved this feature with my keyboard BBRY's.

Perhaps in an update holding down one of the volume buttons could turn the phone into vibrate mode instantly. Most phones use the volume rocker to control the Ringer/Notification volume anyway, so there is an intuitive aspect to it. Holding down the volume down button just seems natural to put it into vibrate or silent mode.

BBRY wouldn't have to add anything hardware wise and it still keeps it simple. I would personally love to have this feature as I'm always going between the different sound profiles. That's what I miss about BB7 and my Bold and Curves...
    10-25-13 07:36 PM
    I guess I'm in the minority in this thread.

I side with the OP and wish the Z10 had a way of doing this. I loved this feature with my keyboard BBRY's.

Perhaps in an update holding down one of the volume buttons could turn the phone into vibrate mode instantly. Most phones use the volume rocker to control the Ringer/Notification volume anyway, so there is an intuitive aspect to it. Holding down the volume down button just seems natural to put it into vibrate or silent mode.

BBRY wouldn't have to add anything hardware wise and it still keeps it simple. I would personally love to have this feature as I'm always going between the different sound profiles. That's what I miss about BB7 and my Bold and Curves...
    Umm... have you tried it? see comment above about volume settings
    10-25-13 07:58 PM
    After extensive use of my iPhone 5s I finally found 1 feature that is better than my Q10 and/or Z10. Here goes! With the iPhone you can magically flip one button and the phone goes to vibrate! I sure do miss holding the # key on my bold or using holster settings. My company sure did make the right decision going with iPhone. No excuses if your phone rings in our meetings.

Umm swipe down to see notifications push it and it goes to the mode set mine is on then push notifications it goes to vibrate push again it goes back to on. It's BlackBerry10 no buttons needed

Posted with BlackBerry Z10
    10-25-13 08:01 PM
    Settle down y'all. It was merely a joke. Look at my signature, I use all the devices. If I was posting on iMore I'd skew it the other way. Yes, it is very easy to switch the BlackBerry 10 models to vibrate. However, there is no denying it was easier with legacy devices with the # key or holster settings that all.

10-26-13 10:49 PM
    Of course Apple didn't cover it, and my friend had to pay $150 for a new phone from an Apple store, which my friend described as a "deal" because the Apple guy somehow hooked him up with that price. I couldn't believe it.
    This made me smile in a "Tell-me-about-it" way.
    The Reality Distortion Field exists, especially in the vicinity of the Genius Bar ;-). On a related note, when Apple brings NFC to iphone, watch for a certain type of customer claiming that they basically invented it.

BBQ10
    10-26-13 11:01 PM
    This made me smile in a "Tell-me-about-it" way.
    The Reality Distortion Field exists, especially in the vicinity of the Genius Bar ;-). On a related note, when Apple brings NFC to iphone, watch for a certain type of customer claiming that they basically invented it.

BBQ10
    It's crazy being in those stores. I have a retina Mac Book Pro and have had to take it in a time or two. And whenever I'm in there, it's like a cult meeting. It's really nuts. Then again, they might say the same thing about us here on these forums haha

I'm glad they finally put NFC on the iPhone, because hopefully now it will become more widespread in use at places...which means we get to use it too. Crazy that the Bold 9900 had NFC...back in 2011.
    10-27-13 12:15 AM
    I'm glad they finally put NFC on the iPhone, because hopefully now it will become more widespread in use at places...which means we get to use it too. Crazy that the Bold 9900 had NFC...back in 2011.
    Actually, they still haven't. Iphone 5S does not have NFC. The argument I get from my friends who use iPhone is that NFC is just a gimmick.

The one thing that is true is that before Apple introduces NFC, they will start working with businesses behind the scenes, determine requirements, application scenarios, study usability issues and so on. By the time they release an iphone with NFC, they will also have properly ensured deployment of NFC-based services. This is, of course, a good thing.

But most iphone users tend to be ignorant of this angle. They just think that whatever Apple touches is bound to turn to gold.

BBQ10
    10-27-13 12:29 AM
    It's crazy being in those stores. I have a retina Mac Book Pro and have had to take it in a time or two. And whenever I'm in there, it's like a cult meeting. It's really nuts. Then again, they might say the same thing about us here on these forums haha
    I just think the "Genius" in the name is ridiculous, grant it they are experts to a degree. If they were geniuses they'd be in a top Tech school, then recruited to work on special projects out in Cali with the big boys. They should just wear shirts that say iHelp and drop the attitude.

10-27-13 12:39 AM