I did the protocol change, which started a new Inbox on the Tour -but it still never deletes anything from the Inbox unless I delete it on the Tour.
    11-29-09 12:15 PM
    You're right, it's only one way. Once something arrives on the BB the only way to delete it or mark it read on the BB is by using the BB.

It's kind of cool though going the other way. I use Trillian on my laptop and so if I get a new hotmail email it'll say something like:

[email protected] (1)

.. indicating that there's one new unread message. Then if I read it on my BB, about 5-10 seconds later it'll update my computer and will no longer show any unread messages. So it's one-way only but better than nothing I guess.
    Last edited by Furballz; 11-29-09 at 12:24 PM.
    11-29-09 12:21 PM
    About switching to the Mobile Services Protocol

Depending on your messaging service plan, this feature might not be supported.

If you are using a Windows Live� email account (for example, Windows Live� Hotmail�), you might be able to change the protocol for your integrated email account from POP to the Mobile Services Protocol that is provided by Microsoft�.

The Mobile Services Protocol adds support for near real-time delivery of email messages and reconciliation of opened and unopened email messages from your BlackBerry� device to your email account. These features are not supported by POP.

The Mobile Services Protocol requires you to type your email account password again every 90 days. If you switch to this protocol, you will receive a message every 90 days reminding you to log in to your BlackBerry� Internet Service account to type your email account password.

If you switch to the Mobile Services Protocol, some actions will not be supported for email messages that are already on your device, including replying to and forwarding email messages and viewing attachments.

You cannot return to using POP after you switch to the Mobile Services Protocol.
    About switching to the Mobile Services Protocol
    11-29-09 01:43 PM
    Things I now know as well:
    1) You can use the service with your Hotmail/Webmail up and running no problem.
    2) Push WILL NOT work if you are logged into IM as ONLINE or IN A CALL. I tried setting this as "away" and it works fine again.

news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-Live-Messenger-Causes-Hotmail-Push-Emails-Sync-Issues-100958.shtml
    Last edited by boombatty; 12-01-09 at 08:53 AM.
    12-01-09 08:40 AM
    good work! appreciate.
    12-01-09 08:56 AM
    OMG you just made my life a lot easier!
    Thanks
    12-03-09 12:22 PM
    Sorry to be a downer, but this is still problematic.
    If I understand correctly from your explanation of this fix and my experience with it, then the following is true right?
    - Say I get 50 emails per day
    - All 50 will show up in my PC Hotmail Inbox and in by Bberry Hotmail inbox
    - Say I'm on my PC all day and I delete 20 of them, read 10 of them, and don't touch the rest
    - At end of day, my Bberry Hotmail inbox will still show 50 unread messages.

Correct? If so, this is a problem.
    12-09-09 05:25 PM
    Correct? If so, this is a problem.
    Talk to Microsoft and/or RIM.
    12-09-09 10:30 PM
    Here's something I just realized: if you send an email from your BB using a hotmail account, it saves the message in the "sent" folder of the hotmail web account. Now that's cool!

Try it. Follow the instructions on the first post to change your protocol. Then send something to someone from your BB. Go online into your hotmail web account and click the 'sent' folder. It's there! neato.

I assume this only works if you have your hotmail web options to save outgoing messages in the 'sent' folder.

12-11-09 12:33 AM
    I did, they hopped on a conference call with me and said they would get right on it for me. Thanks for the suggestion.

Talk to Microsoft and/or RIM.
    12-12-09 01:09 PM
    And a little more to stoke the fire...

Not running Live Messenger anymore and all was swell with the near-real timeliness but now it is a mixed bag. At times, near-real time email delivery to my BB when it shows in Hotmail (Windows Live, whateva), and at other times and increasing, a multi-hour wait. Latest this morning. Email arrived in Hotmail at 8:22AM and popped up on my BB at 10:52AM. WTF Microsoft, did I punch your mom in the mouth or something?

Hmm, and to make it even more utterly confusing I just had a "real time" push of an email to my BB.

I'd swear they do this just to F with me lol.
    Last edited by boombatty; 12-14-09 at 10:04 AM.
    12-14-09 09:58 AM
    I had some trouble with hotmail this morning too.. but it was the fact that people were sending me mail and it wasn't being pushed ANYWHERE, not to blackberry, not to messenger, very strange.
    12-14-09 10:00 AM
    I had some trouble with hotmail this morning too.. but it was the fact that people were sending me mail and it wasn't being pushed ANYWHERE, not to blackberry, not to messenger, very strange.
    If only it were just this today...
    12-14-09 10:06 AM
    Just deleted my hotmail, and added back in and got the option to change the protocol.

Now all my calendar events associated to the hotmail are now changed to "default". Is there anyway to fix that?

EDIT -

I got it figured out.
    Last edited by psiclne; 12-24-09 at 02:38 AM.
    12-24-09 01:31 AM
    I have been having trouble with my Live email until I read this, but I do have one remaining question: does changing the protocol (which I can due directly on my phone w/o creating a username) if I change this protocol will it affect in any way my Windows Live email account?? Hope someone can help me out. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 10:33 PM
    if I change this protocol will it affect in any way my Windows Live email account??
    Yes, to the extent discussed in this thread. What other ways of affecting your email account are you referring to?
    01-11-10 11:02 PM
    I just did this and it is awesome. I have been trying to get my live email to mark as read and delete from the server forever. Now it does. Goodbye gmail and yahoo. I will use only my live account now.

01-12-10 04:06 AM
    Yes, to the extent discussed in this thread. What other ways of affecting your email account are you referring to?
    What I'm trying to say (I guess) is will my account still work the same on the web. Like accessing hotmail.com and checking my email via messenger, will that still be the same? Or will the "protocol changing" make it different when I log into my account via a pc's browser? Am I explaining myself clearly? I'm having trouble finding the words to explain my question xD

01-12-10 09:00 AM
    Awesome instructions OP!!! Thanks - I've been fighting this forever. I haven't tested it yet but I'm excited to.
    01-12-10 05:21 PM
    What I'm trying to say (I guess) is will my account still work the same on the web. Like accessing hotmail.com and checking my email via messenger, will that still be the same? Or will the "protocol changing" make it different when I log into my account via a pc's browser? Am I explaining myself clearly? I'm having trouble finding the words to explain my question xD

Yes, it will work the same.
    01-12-10 11:00 PM
    Yes, it will work the same.
    Great! Thanks

01-12-10 11:35 PM
    My one problem solved. It was due to password length. Mine was 19 characters long, whereas it should be less than 16 characters for live activation in Blackberry.
    I had the same problem with setting up my hotmail account; gave me an error message "username/password incorrect". After changing my password length to 16 characters long, it solved the problem.
    01-18-10 12:34 PM
    TY...

now LF>google mail push =[
    01-18-10 05:09 PM
    Great find/fix!! To be honest, I just assumed Microsoft's mail services were IMAP, but just very slow. I had no idea the BB devices were simply POP3. (That explains a lot)

MSP is nice, and I love the true "sync" with my account.

I used to have Gmail, but it was compromised, and Google's standard action for recovering accounts is essentially... they don't. Unless you can provide them a sample of your blood, a notarized document of your family tree, and copies of the last 500 e-mails that were sent before the illegitimate access. >_<
    01-19-10 09:34 AM
    You really are my herooo
    01-20-10 01:21 PM
157 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD