I am ready to leave Blackberry. I currently have a Z10 on ATT which has been doing a factory reset/data wipe for the last 2 hours.

Last night I tried to install BBLink on my laptop (side note, it took like 4 tries to install it) and hook up my phone to it. Link said it couldn't reach my phone and that I had to enter the password. I use a picture password but know my password anyway. When the prompt appeared on my phone it said Please enter "blackberry". So I did and it said "invalid" or whatever and counted that as an attempt at unlocking my phone. I entered my password instead this time but that did not work. The prompt alternated between asking for my password and asking for "blackberry" neither of which worked. I even tried a few of my old passwords, those did not work. I disconnected my phone from Link and continued life as normal until this morning. My alarm went off and my phone asked for me to enter "blackberry" attempt 10/10... well surprise it didn't work. So my phone is wiping itself.

This makes me angry. The phone would not accept any passwords from me. All of my data is lost, things I cared about, luckily my pictures are saved in a cloud but everything else will be gone IF my phone ever stops resetting. 2 hours to delete stuff seems like a lot.

Basically this, plus the fact that I am pretty fed up with 3rd party apps that don't work very well (igrann) and sideloaded apps that also don't work very well (almost everything else), why should I make myself suffer for a piece of technology? Blackberry used to have my heart but this morning it got reset to factory settings.

So long.
    12-04-14 09:16 AM
    What OS were you using when all of this happened?
    There are fixes for the problems you mentioned but I guess you don't care to hear them.
    Good luck with whatever phone you decide to use next.
    12-04-14 09:22 AM
    What OS were you using when all of this happened?
    There are fixes for the problems you mentioned but I guess you don't care to hear them.
    Good luck with whatever phone you decide to use next.
    I was on 10.2.1.x, I am usually all for tinkering and finding work-arounds for stuff. Hell I downloaded the google maps app patcher that inserts google maps into apps that need it. So, my sideloaded uber actually works. That is a decent amount of work for something that simply works on other OS's. That is the kind of stuff that is getting to me.

I work with a lot of Deaf people and they use Glide (video text app, great for ASL users). I got Glide to work on my phone...sorta, everytime I record a video the screen is just green and there doesn't seem to be a 3rd party option (Slide by Nem0ry? lol) that works.

This factory reset issue is the final straw, I don't like when you presume to know what I have done to try and make this phone work for me.
    12-04-14 09:31 AM
    I'd be angry too - pic password I stopped using when it killed my OS on a leak. I could harp on things you could do... but we recently had 2 BlackBerry LE phones die and lose our data (my bad for never backing them up I suppose).

All I can say is make sure your next phone is a phablet. Love em.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    12-04-14 09:35 AM
    I am ready to leave Blackberry. I currently have a Z10 on ATT which has been doing a factory reset/data wipe for the last 2 hours.

Last night I tried to install BBLink on my laptop (side note, it took like 4 tries to install it) and hook up my phone to it. Link said it couldn't reach my phone and that I had to enter the password. I use a picture password but know my password anyway. When the prompt appeared on my phone it said Please enter "blackberry". So I did and it said "invalid" or whatever and counted that as an attempt at unlocking my phone. I entered my password instead this time but that did not work. The prompt alternated between asking for my password and asking for "blackberry" neither of which worked. I even tried a few of my old passwords, those did not work. I disconnected my phone from Link and continued life as normal until this morning. My alarm went off and my phone asked for me to enter "blackberry" attempt 10/10... well surprise it didn't work. So my phone is wiping itself.

This makes me angry. The phone would not accept any passwords from me. All of my data is lost, things I cared about, luckily my pictures are saved in a cloud but everything else will be gone IF my phone ever stops resetting. 2 hours to delete stuff seems like a lot.

Basically this, plus the fact that I am pretty fed up with 3rd party apps that don't work very well (igrann) and sideloaded apps that also don't work very well (almost everything else), why should I make myself suffer for a piece of technology? Blackberry used to have my heart but this morning it got reset to factory settings.

So long.
    All you had to do was disconnect your phone and turn it off for a few minutes then reconnect it to link. The picture password is only for unlocking your password in a hurry but safe incase you are not alone, and which as you know after 5 times require you to type in your password. What you have to remember always check the error message you get when it prompts you. It could be it was asking you for your bb I'd password to long into link on your computer. And as well it always as you to type in your password for your phone both on the phone and also a box will pop up on link for you to long in. You would require to long in the password you would put in for instants had you pressed the wrong password 5 times on your phone. Don't count it all lost as yet hopefully you did a backup on bb link recently. If you did all you have to do is hook up your phone to link hopefully you remember your password if you don't, just have it changed from the bb protect website. Once connected just click to tab restore from previous backup and everything with be back on your phone text apps and all. If you had in a media card and it was encrypted unfortunately everything on it will be unusable and you would have to reformat the media card as it will only work with your phone, when you do a wipe it's like getting a new phone .

ON A SERIOUS NOTE :ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR PHONE try to do it at least weekly if it's something you use frequently. Sometimes I just plus my phone into my laptop to charge some nights and it will auto sync. As well you can have it auto sync over WiFi just have link open a d it Wil do automatically if u set it up for that. Hope this help you.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-04-14 10:57 AM
    Okay bye. Have fun with Android, iOS or Windows.

Posted via CB10
    gravymonster likes this.
    12-04-14 01:10 PM
    Sure happy to see that no one got snarky. Oh wait! I spoke too soon. LOL!

Posted via CrackBerry App on my Samsung Note 3
    TgeekB and kbz1960 like this.
    12-04-14 01:59 PM
    Sure happy to see that no one got snarky. Oh wait! I spoke too soon. LOL!

Posted via CrackBerry App on my Samsung Note 3
    You didn't expect anything less, did you? LOL.
    Sorry to hear about your predicament OP. Had you done a backup lately? All may not be lost.
    shaleem likes this.
    12-04-14 06:10 PM
    How was I snarky? I said enjoy whichever platform the OP decides to leave for.

Sick and tired of these bitchfest threads. Not happy with something? Why do we have to hear about the ********? Just leave and go to something that will make you happy.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 06:15 PM

Sick and tired of these bitchfest threads. Not happy with something? Why do we have to hear about the ********? Just leave and go to something that will make you happy.

Posted via CB10
    +1 ^

Blackbird Q10 latest OS
    12-04-14 06:27 PM
    sometimes when you type blackberry it caps the B.
    make sure to uncap it.. it is case sensitive when it is asking for "blackberry"
    12-05-14 08:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not snarky? LOL!! Yeah, whatever! I must say that I do agree with you though. Not happy? Move on. Frankly, I could not care less what brand of phone anyone uses. And even less about whether anyone likes my choice, or not. I know that sometimes the repetitive nature of these threads gets exasperating. I'm guilty of the occasional snark myself.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-05-14 09:30 AM

So long.
    Did you use the display password icon to see what you were actually typing in as a password?
    12-05-14 09:33 AM
    It is not just deleting stuff. It is writing blank data in every location of the storage. That way there is absolutely no data left in the storage device. Deleting on other phones, just deletes the table of contents, not the data itself.
    12-05-14 09:36 AM
    I was on 10.2.1.x, I am usually all for tinkering and finding work-arounds for stuff. Hell I downloaded the google maps app patcher that inserts google maps into apps that need it. So, my sideloaded uber actually works. That is a decent amount of work for something that simply works on other OS's. That is the kind of stuff that is getting to me.

I work with a lot of Deaf people and they use Glide (video text app, great for ASL users). I got Glide to work on my phone...sorta, everytime I record a video the screen is just green and there doesn't seem to be a 3rd party option (Slide by Nem0ry? lol) that works.

This factory reset issue is the final straw, I don't like when you presume to know what I have done to try and make this phone work for me.
    Well, it sounds like you have already made your mind up on this, forgetting your password and wiping your device is convenient.

Good luck where ever you go.

? Z10
    12-06-14 10:39 AM