I'm actually enjoying 10.3.1 on my Z10. I only have a few complaints like it's slower using the assistant and the icons reverting to the original position after re-arranging them but other than those things, i'm quite happy with the update.

The OS is faster, android apps run smoother too.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 01:51 AM
    I just bought a bunch of new straws! Maybe it's time to close this thread

Posted via CB10
    Maybe start passing out those extra straws in the U.K….

Today's news:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/blackberry-...illion-1489473
    Cult of Android - BlackBerry is losing 56,000 users a month in the U.K. | Cult of Android

As a BB fan, I hope we can at least agree that any missteps on BB's part at this point would not be good….
    Last edited by slegros; 02-25-15 at 09:08 AM.
    02-25-15 08:52 AM
    It also must be noted when referring to an Apple update,...there are issues of scale to consider. There are orders of magnitude more iOS devices out there than BB10 devices. On more networks, in more countries,...just "more" of everything. If Apple had to bow to the wishes of the carriers as Blackberry and Android OEM's do,...they wouldn't be the standard that all other OS roll outs are measured against.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Not sure whether you mean good or bad when you say "standard," but iOS-8 bricked devices.

If that's the standard, then the BB 10.3.1 update is a raging success.
    02-25-15 09:12 AM
    Wow, you take this as actual news? It's written by some kid who writes articles for Cult of Mac as well. This to me sounds more like a doomsday opinion piece.

He states "BlackBerry shows no sign of changing its business model to turn this around" which is a blatant lie.

This is your source for factual news on BlackBerry?
    02-25-15 10:49 AM
    Wow, you take this as actual news? It's written by some kid who writes articles for Cult of Mac as well. This to me sounds more like a doomsday opinion piece.

He states "BlackBerry shows no sign of changing its business model to turn this around" which is a blatant lie.

This is your source for factual news on BlackBerry?
    Actually that was reported on The Guardian as well.
    slegros likes this.
    02-25-15 10:57 AM
    It just sounds very sensationalized to me, with these dramatic numbers thrown in. The Cult of Android article stated that:

"Additional data from Kantar Worldpanel suggests BlackBerry is still clinging onto 1.4 million non-business users, but it is losing a whopping 56,000 every single month to rival platforms like Android, iOS, and Windows Phone."

So this group Kantar *suggests* the numbers shown above. Or was the *suggestion* on these values from the author? How exactly did they come to these values? I don't think it does anyone any benefit to state numbers like this, unless they are actual cold hard facts.

Yes I realize the Guardian also wrote an article, and generally I like their publication but you still have to question the information. In this case, I think both articles are highly sensationalized, especially the one from Killian Bell.
    02-25-15 11:17 AM
    Blackberry Forever friends!! it is the beginning!! big things coming soon, Mr. Chen Knows
    Too bad I've been hearing that for years and it never happens.
    02-25-15 11:31 AM
    Is this thread really still going?
    02-25-15 12:05 PM
    One of the greatest songs of all time.

Posted via CB10
    One of the greatest bands of all time. Something tells me you must have a general don't-give-a-f*ck attitude and dabble in psychedelics...

Black then white are
    All I see
    In my infancy
    Red and yellow then came to be
    Reaching out to me
    Let's me see

Posted via CB10
    z10Jobe likes this.
    02-25-15 12:08 PM
    Works like charm on mine, no issues. Silly thread

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 08:39 PM
    Its sad to watch� BB10 is a great OS in so many ways, but even for BlackBerry the rollout of 10.3.1 has been probably their most badly botched software rollout to date IMO. Its really even turning off the die hards at this point.

I'm concerned this may be one of the final nails in the coffin for the consumer side of BlackBerry�. Not good.
    Maybe you have a hardware problem, 10.3.1 running smoothly in my STL100-3 and the OS is so freaking awesome!!!

P.S. My Z10 has never lasted this long on battery life ever until now.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 337050
    02-26-15 03:19 AM
    Is this thread really still going?
    No, I'd say it's meandering it's way into oblivion.
    02-26-15 11:35 AM
    hundreds possibly thousands of posts of people with dead phones. Including my z30.

It is a big problem Blackberry and Rogers have acknowledged. My phone is completely unusable so I would say that is a big bug and a big problem. I am a staunch BB supporter, I have two z30 and my wife has one.

I am pissed, have spent hours on forums, done the autoloader, tried the reboot phone is a brick.
    03-01-15 07:38 AM
    hundreds possibly thousands of posts of people with dead phones. Including my z30.

It is a big problem Blackberry and Rogers have acknowledged. My phone is completely unusable so I would say that is a big bug and a big problem. I am a staunch BB supporter, I have two z30 and my wife has one.

I am pissed, have spent hours on forums, done the autoloader, tried the reboot phone is a brick.
    That sucks! They should replace every one of them.
    03-01-15 09:03 AM
    While I don't think its the final straw it certainly doesn't help matters, especially if you are a new user to the platform experiencing these problems. Someone posted in the Passport forum about how he got someone in an AT&T store to keep them from returning their Passport because of the screen flickering problem. How many other new AT&T Passport users will have the same problem and will just decide to return it because of that issue alone? At the same time I'm a long time Blackberry user but my Passport has the low volume bug. Does it make the phone unusable? No, but it makes it impossible to use it as an alarm or hear any notifications on it. If it was my main phone I would have returned it for that issue alone.
    crackberry_geek and kbz1960 like this.
    03-01-15 09:03 AM
    I don't see any of these bad things ppl.talk about of 10.3 works great in my z10 just wish my z30 would have the update available

Posted via Z30 from the sunny Okanagan
    God don't update the z30 till its fixed. My is now useless. If u do update. Do not let the battery run dead

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

I'm in the Okanagan as well. What weather we are having! I love this valley.

Posted on my now almost useless z30 that won't wake up
    03-03-15 09:01 PM
    God don't update the z30 till its fixed. My is now useless. If u do update. Do not let the battery run dead

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

I'm in the Okanagan as well. What weather we are having! I love this valley.

Posted on my now almost useless z30 that won't wake up
    Z30 being black screen has been going on before the 10.3.1 update. People updating to the latest 10.2.1 got it. Some installed the leak and got it.
    A few people able to fix it. Some didn't.

Seems like BlackBerry released a bad batch of Z30. Whatever you do, don't let it die. Keep charging. Or else you're going to have to open up the unit and reconnect the display cable.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-03-15 10:41 PM
    One of the greatest bands of all time. Something tells me you must have a general don't-give-a-f*ck attitude and dabble in psychedelics...

Black then white are
    All I see
    In my infancy
    Red and yellow then came to be
    Reaching out to me
    Let's me see

Posted via CB10
    Yes on the former. No on the latter. I just spiral out and keep going....

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 05:59 PM
    14C in Kelowna this weekend.

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-04-15 06:06 PM
    14C in Kelowna this weekend.

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    Only 13 on the island

Posted via CB10
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    03-04-15 06:12 PM
    That's fantastic your Z10 is working great!! Unfortunately thats not the case for everyone after this update.

Like you I love my current phone.

Unlike you, I'm not OK if BlackBerry disappears. I hope that BlackBerry is still around and has something for me when I want to upgrade.
    As bad as that market share number that you quoted looks, it's misleading.

1) the market itself is expanding. If BlackBerry had sold the same number of phones in 2014 as they did in 2013, it still would have reflected in a decline in market share

2) the reason they DID sell fewer phones last year is that legacy BBOS sales dropped off a cliff, and BB10 sales didn�t improve quickly enough to compensate. In fact, BB10 sales have improved every quarter for over a year, and the OS is slowly gaining traction.

Bottom line, BlackBerry is actually making money on devices now, and carefully growing their business.

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    03-06-15 03:05 AM
    As bad as that market share number that you quoted looks, it's misleading.

1) the market itself is expanding. If BlackBerry had sold the same number of phones in 2014 as they did in 2013, it still would have reflected in a decline in market share

2) the reason they DID sell fewer phones last year is that legacy BBOS sales dropped off a cliff, and BB10 sales didn�t improve quickly enough to compensate. In fact, BB10 sales have improved every quarter for over a year, and the OS is slowly gaining traction.

Bottom line, BlackBerry is actually making money on devices now, and carefully growing their business.

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    Pretty sure everything in point 2 is wrong, but surely open to seeing the the evidence? Where did that data come from?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 07:22 AM
197 ... 678