I'm trying to folter messages that come from an address list and have had no luck.
    The list, from an exchange server, is in the form of to: "Blah Blah" <blahblah@blah.com> but if I filter on To: blahblah , or to: blah blah it doesn't work. I wonder if the To: field is actually looking for my name rather than the list name? I can't filter the From: because they are all different. Anyone with a suggestion on how to make this work?
    04-22-09 07:52 PM
    This is what the Help Page says:
    "To field contains:
    Specify an email address that the email message filter should search for in the To field of email messages. The address can be your email address or another email address. If the email address belongs to a mailing list, the email message filter will not block email messages from the mailing list unless you create another email message filter for the email address of that mailing list.

If that doesn't work, then you will likely need to set up a bunch of filters and use the "From" setting.
    04-22-09 08:25 PM
    Thanks, I'm not sure I understand what the second filter should do... or it's form...
    The from won't work because I need to see messages from each member, just not the blasts from the list.
    04-22-09 08:30 PM
    never mind
    the issue is I'm trying to filter an exchange mail list, which uses a BES, by setting up a filter on the BIS.. duh, that won't work
    Dumb...
    04-23-09 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD