If he has lawyers on the payroll that are doing nothing until he sues or is being sued, why not put them to work? And if it's a class-action lawsuit, he'll get money for being the claimant.
    Lawyers don't work in a vacuum. He may have attorneys doing nothing, but now his actions are going to cost others time and money. He's tying up the courts, other businesses, the IL State Attorney, etc. They have more important things to do than worry about $20 bucks in apps, an amount that doesn't even warrant small-claims court, much less a class-action lawsuit.

I think your last sentence hits the true motivation of most people looking for a class-action, IMO...
    01-23-10 02:13 PM
    PeterD, are you a business owner?
    Not germain to the point.

he has lawyers on the payroll that are doing nothing
    You dont know many lawyers, do you?

And if it's a class-action lawsuit, he'll get money for being the claimant.
    This proves to me you know little about the real world. Google a few Class Action's. Lawyers on both sides end up with the VAST majority of any settlement and you may get a $10.00 coupon for the app store.
    All this being said, he sounds full of it anyway.
    01-23-10 03:05 PM
    im laughing
    01-23-10 03:17 PM
    Well I'm no expert, but the State's Attorney has nothing to do with a class action lawsuit as it's a civil matter. But then too the OP's later statements that he's using his own attorneys directly contradicts his original statement.

Also, in order to qualify for a class action suit at a $10-$15 loss (average guess) for each plaintiff in the class, you'd need thousands (a lot of thousands) of plaintiffs just to qualify for a class action.

And then there's the matter that RIM has nothing to do with it. Your beef is with the publishers of the apps.

I call shenanigans.
    01-23-10 03:48 PM
    I'm tired of this App world BS. I have paid for several applications and given bad license codes. I have been writing e mails to App World and to Be Weather, Weatherberry and to Steelhorn wits no response or help from them at all. They all took my money but gave me bad codes. I can get no help from anyone. Now im going after them. My Lawyer is investigating many similar complaints and maybe we can get a class action going if they don't clean up there act. We also have Pay Pal investigating many complaints against them. Hopefully if this continues we can get Pay Pal to suspend service to App World. More to come. Im tired of getting ripped off by RIM.
    Wouldn't be more useful to have someone find a real phone number for the companies and speak to them directly? Just a thought....
    01-23-10 05:27 PM
    I'm tired of this App world BS. I have paid for several applications and given bad license codes. I have been writing e mails to App World and to Be Weather, Weatherberry and to Steelhorn wits no response or help from them at all. They all took my money but gave me bad codes. I can get no help from anyone. Now im going after them. My Lawyer is investigating many similar complaints and maybe we can get a class action going if they don't clean up there act. We also have Pay Pal investigating many complaints against them. Hopefully if this continues we can get Pay Pal to suspend service to App World. More to come. Im tired of getting ripped off by RIM.
    Your an *****.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 05:56 PM
    If your really going to court over this....think about this. blackberry.com is worth 3.12 million dollars alone. That's not including the company itself. I don't know about you but I sure wouldn't want to go up against a strong company in court. Besides if Blackberry really wanted to, they could drag this thing our for many many MANY years in court. They have the money and money buys nothing but the best lawyers.

I'm not discouraging you from doing such a thing.....I just wouldn't want to see anybody wrapped up in legal issues.

Good Luck, and I hope it works out for you!
    01-23-10 06:24 PM
    here's a thought. OP... if you're so against blackberry, stop buying their products and services. App developers software companies, not RIM itself (in most cases) If you are so upset about the apps not working, then one by one sue the developers, or stop purchasing their products. If you absolutely NEED a Berry (and no other device will ever possibly work for you) and you absolutely NEED the apps in question, here's a thought - email them with specific complaints, and make a deal with them. Free product in return for being a beta tester.

Really, what I see here is something that I notice to be a rather silly and - in a way - sad trend in the US (although its starting to become popular in Canada as well). What am I talking about? The mindset that the whole flippin planet owes ME, and that if the world doesn't work exactly like I think it should then I'll sue.

Anyway OP, best of luck suing RIM. Hope your pockets are deeper then theirs are.
    01-23-10 06:33 PM
    Good luck, the IL AG is a waste of time and tax payer money. Chances are they will side with RIM on this one.
    01-23-10 07:46 PM
    I'm sure the team of lawyers already went over this, but I'll post it for others:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/legal/a...0062409_cl.pdf

See sections 3,4,5 & 8
    01-23-10 08:21 PM
    I'm sure the team of lawyers already went over this, but I'll post it for others:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/legal/a...0062409_cl.pdf

See sections 3,4,5 & 8
    Classic, problem solved...make sure you write the bill out C/O OP...lol *****.

**troll food troll food troll food**
    01-23-10 08:40 PM
    Wouldn't be more useful to have someone find a real phone number for the companies and speak to them directly? Just a thought....
    This is what my attorneys are doing right now. We are now in the process of filing an order in Illinois. More later.
    01-23-10 08:44 PM
    We also have Pay Pal investigating many complaints against them.
    Wow! You have authority to have Paypal conduct investigations that are NOT on behalf of your issues? That's incredible...
    01-23-10 11:31 PM
    Stop owning a blackberry. Problem solved.

01-23-10 11:34 PM
    I don't see the point of this what is he going to get a working app and a huge bill lol
    01-23-10 11:35 PM
    Wow! You have authority to have Paypal conduct investigations that are NOT on behalf of your issues? That's incredible...
    No but what we can do is see how many complaints PayPal has against App World and RIM

Yes Im spending my money so you and future BB owners won't have to suffer the problems I have had. Your Welcome.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 01-23-10 at 11:39 PM.
    01-23-10 11:37 PM
    No but what we can do is see how many complaints PayPal has against App World and RIM

Yes Im spending my money so you and future BB owners won't have to suffer the problems I have had. Your Welcome.
    Please, don't do me any favors...

There's no reason or legal justification for PayPal to disclose to you how many claims they have unless you're at the discovery phase of litigation WITH THEM, forget about your alleged claims against RIM or the third-party vendors. Business doesn't work that way. Are you now including PayPal in your lawsuit? They aren't at fault, RIM is not at fault based on the agreement you accepted when you entered App World. Your only recourse is through the third party vendors of an App World kiosk and I bet the agreements you accepted with them addressed methods for reimbursement and arbitration, etc. Any attorney worth their salary would have found the addresses of the companies involved and sent a letter that would have already gotten these problems resolved. They don't start by going to court and filing orders with the State Attorney. What statutes are you basing your claim on? Fraud? Breach of Contract?

It's a good thing you own the company because if you were wasting company resources over personal BB apps at most companies, it would probably cost you your job, if the attorneys would even act on this caliber of complaint. I also must commend you on owning your own business when you have trouble with there/their and your/you're. America truly is the land of opportunity
    01-24-10 02:10 AM
    This is what my attorneys are doing right now. We are now in the process of filing an order in Illinois. More later.
    Get over it.

I used to deliver pizzas in college. You remind me of the customers who complain about everything even when nothing was wrong with the pizza, and then threaten to never order from us again. Like we are supposed to care, because with out you Pizza Hut can never continue. When really we just spit in your food and hope that you stop calling and go away.
    01-24-10 02:28 AM
    PeterD, are you a business owner?
    Not germain to the point.
    You made it germane by saying that you want to boycott the OP's business and stated:

Any business owner that wastes company resources on a petty, personal issue is one not destined for the long term.
    he has lawyers on the payroll that are doing nothing
    You dont know many lawyers, do you?
    My boss is a lawyer. Do you want her business card?

And if it's a class-action lawsuit, he'll get money for being the claimant.
    This proves to me you know little about the real world. Google a few Class Action's. Lawyers on both sides end up with the VAST majority of any settlement and you may get a $10.00 coupon for the app store.
    Obviously you haven't read or participated in class-action lawsuits. Here's a quote from one that I'm currently in:

As part of this Settlement, it is expected that over $60 million dollars in Gift Vouchers will be provided to Class Members. Class Counsel, Westrup Klick, LLP, will seek attorney�s fees and costs not to exceed $400,000 and an incentive award to Plaintiff for no more than $5,000. The full text of the Notice Of Proposed Class Settlement (the �Notice�), which further explains the settlement terms and restrictions, appears at Molnar v. 1-800-Flowers Retail, Inc. Settlement Website.
    Yes, lawyers get alot of money, but so does the plaintiff. In the case of my class-action lawsuit, the plaintiff gets at most $5,000. That is the point that I'm making. The class-action lawsuit pays the lawyers, and the plaintiff gets an "incentive award." It's the class-action participants that get $10 awards.

Anyway, since you try to twist things around and you don't really think about the big picture, I won't give much worth to your posts. Please remember that this is a public forum to allow ideas to flow, not to insult other users.

I agree with alot of people that the OP might be going too far, but it is his business. Business owners use their businesses for personal things.

Why is everyone worked up? Respect each other's decisions whether or not you agree with it. Life is all about choices, and OP is making one. He feels cheated, so he's taking action. The majority of us would figure that we wasted $20-$30 in various apps, and would vow that we'd never buy an app from the same company again. I'm like the majority...I'd rather take no action, step back, and take the hit. In fact, I'd take it to the extreme. If I were living in the era where they were fighting for civil rights, I would be the one staying at home, watching tv, and thinking that the world is crazy for trying to change the standard (I'm a minority). OP probably has the opposite persona.
    01-24-10 02:41 AM
    Get over it.

I used to deliver pizzas in college. You remind me of the customers who complain about everything even when nothing was wrong with the pizza, and then threaten to never order from us again. Like we are supposed to care, because with out you Pizza Hut can never continue. When really we just spit in your food and hope that you stop calling and go away.
    This is good to know.. I'll try to remember that Pizza Hut hires disrespectful Morons.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 01-24-10 at 03:04 AM.
    01-24-10 02:51 AM

Bettermost you have been and still are a good friend here on CrackBerry to me. I believe you have good intentions to take this issue to court and I wanted to let you know if there is anything I can do please tell me. Alone we are weak, together we might have a chance. Freedom of speech for the win!
    01-24-10 03:17 AM
    Bettermost you have been and still are a good friend here on CrackBerry to me. I believe you have good intentions to take this issue to court and I wanted to let you know if there is anything I can do please tell me. Alone we are weak, together we might have a chance. Freedom of speech for the win!
    Thanks, Indeed together we prevail
    01-24-10 03:27 AM
    [QUOTE=SoCaliTrojan;4549075]You made it germane by saying that you want to boycott the OP's business and stated:

the world is crazy for trying to change the standard (I'm a minority). OP probably has the opposite persona.

snip useless information...
    /QUOTE]

I had a long rebuttal for your straw man argument, but then realized you�d already drank the Kool Aid and therefore would be wasting my time.

If I decide to pursue the conversation with either one of you, I will take it off the board and contact you personally via email.
    01-24-10 06:32 AM
    Hiring a lawyer over a few $5 apps...oookayyyy
    Gotta love the ASSumptions of most people here. The OP owns a business with lawyers on his payroll.
    Bettermost is doing what most cry about, but never band together and execute and people here have the nerve to berate. Go get em OP. I've been in your shoes, and have won, with little or no thanks from my fellow industry business owners. In the end, the wrongs you right will, at the very least, satisfy the most important person...you.

01-24-10 01:00 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD