View Poll Results: Do you believe there should be rules of BlackBerry etiquette/use?

Voters
740. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

358 48.38%
  • No

183 24.73%
  • Maybe

199 26.89%
    NEVER!!! jkjk lol
    12-28-07 09:21 AM
    No talking during movies...
    12-28-07 11:10 AM
    I think BB etiquette should follow basic cell phone etiquette. If you are wondering if you should be surfing the web, IM'ing or responding to emails in any situation then you probably should step away from the crackberry.
    12-28-07 02:05 PM
    Basic rules of common sense will get you far as you use your Blackberry. People shouting into any phone and constantly wearing and shouting into their bluetooths annoy me. No one wants to hear you!!

Common sense.

Best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year!!
    Dutch
    12-28-07 02:09 PM
    I do hate when I am at Grocery store and someone takes a call and is so loud I hear the whole conversation over the boring store/elevator music!! wait maybe its okay?
    12-28-07 02:19 PM
    1. Constantly wearing a blue tooth headset! It drives me crazy to think one of my co-workers is speaking to me, when in fact she is on her phone. Blue tooth headsets should be reserved for the car, not as a fashion accessory!

2. Talking so loud on your BB in public that God and everyone can hear every detail of your conversation.
    12-28-07 02:43 PM
    1. Had someone who was carrying on two SMS conversations accidently send me the message they intended for someone else..... about me!! Thankfully it was "G" rated but it was a lesson learned!

2. One time called 9-1-1 to report a weaving driver. The officer called me back and left a msg on my phone. He THOUGHT he hung up. He didn't. His message was "R" rated and about my not being available to the phone when he called me back! I called back.... his sargent :-o

Lesson's learned...... make sure you really do hang up the phone...especially if you use a Bluetooth! And know who you are talking to when your texting

[this is my 1st time posting on Crackberry....*thinks to self*.... "better double-check I'm sending to the right place".... ]
    12-28-07 03:04 PM
    I think it should be mandatory when walking alone in public and talking on blue tooths that flashing buttons be worn on clothing that say: I do not have a mental problem. I am talking to someone on my phone. Please stop staring and/or running away from me.
    12-28-07 03:09 PM
    Yes there should be rules that all people follow.
    12-28-07 03:54 PM
    Have not had one in quite some time.
    12-28-07 04:31 PM
    New to Crackberry world. I haven't seen any "etiquette" issues...but maybe I just don't pay enough attention!
    Last edited by ShaunNC; 12-28-07 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Spelling...
    12-28-07 05:01 PM
    I personally just use common sense.
    12-28-07 05:33 PM
    Guidelines would be a good idea, but rules would be difficult to enforce.

We all know the rules of fora use, but not all of us play by them...

It's not like we'll have moderators to watch out and bump the offenders...
    12-28-07 06:46 PM
    I have a rude Blackberry story for ya!

Sitting next to me in church one Sunday, a particular female typed away on her Pearl NON-STOP in a very noisy fashion. She tried to do it discreetly, but there was no getting around it. At one point during the sermon, she held the Pearl down about 2 inches from my leg, furiously typing away while (I guess) she thought she was keeping the Berry out of sight. I finally had to tell her that while I was a Blackberry lover myself (showing her my 8830 WE), a church sermon was not the place to be typing away on BB Messenger! She politely put the Pearl away, much to the urging of her friend who heard also heard what I had said.

One rule of Blackberry Etiquette should be "No Crackberry during church, or thou shalt be smited by the wrath of God!"
    12-28-07 07:31 PM
    Don't use it during a movie in the movie theatre. That should be punishable by death.
    12-28-07 07:53 PM
    The only rules should be similar to cell phone usage etiquette (self observed)
    12-28-07 08:24 PM
    NOTHING is worse than trying to converse with someone taking crack.
    12-28-07 08:39 PM
    Turn it off or put it on vibrate in theaters!
    12-28-07 09:26 PM
    in case anyone cared...... I REALLY WANNA WIN THIS!
    12-28-07 09:30 PM
    Just dont yell while on the Blackberry the person on the other end can hear you just fine.
    12-29-07 12:24 AM
    THIS CONTEST THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Thanks for participating in the 5th Day of CrackBerry! To see the lucky winner of the 5th Day of CrackBerry, visit our 12 Days of CrackBerry Winners! thread.

Remember, even though the 5th Day of CrackBerry contest thread is closed, other Days of CrackBerry are still open and you can still register there for your chance to win lots of great prizes! Good Luck!

MERRY CRACKBERRY!

Kevin
    12-29-07 01:43 AM
721 ... 272829
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD