Yesterday was an exciting day for us BlackBerry fans, we finally got a device(s) that can stand up to the competition. This thread is not going to be about the device though or even launch dates or the carriers not having the phones to people sooner. I want this thread to be about what you think BBRY could of done better. What could they have done to make the atmosphere more electric. There were a lot of high hopes for yesterday and I don't think that BBRY really sold the BlackBerry 10 OS they way it could of. I don't feel they gave the 'non believers' and 'fence sitters' a good enough show to come back/join our great family of BlackBerry users.

First thing is I think that BBRY should of talked about the update to the PlayBook. Yes T.H. did do an interview later explaining that the PB is getting the OS 10 upgrade but that would of been a great point to say at the launch of the OS. He said himself that it is difficult to make money in the tablet market so why not give people something to be excited about. Unless you tell someone good news they are going to think of only the bad.

They also did not touch on the other devices that are going to be launched later this year. BBRY has been quoted saying that by the end of the year 6 or 8 (cant remember the exact number at this moment) deices wil be out with the BlackBerry 10 OS in them. This gives people more to look forward to. Yes it also opens up a whole new bag of when/where/how much but it will keep people talking about the new OS and that is what BBRY needs right now.

Also I was hoping for something more new. All the features that BBRY talked about and showcased was already leaked online. Yes they went into more depth with it, the Storymaker was awesome, but part of me was hoping that some of T.H.'s secrets/surprises would be hidden features in the phone. Keeping a tighter lid on the leaks I think would of made a much better show because they would of been able to show more new things not just rehash what people already knew.

That's my two cents on the matter and I hope to hear other people views and opinions on how BBRY could of made the show better and what would of made the crowd cheer more and makethem seem like they wanted to be there.
    G-bone likes this.
    01-31-13 05:55 AM
    Keeping a tighter lid on leaks.would have killed ' em.
    Lim any street - corner *****, they did what they had to...to get by.
    The only thing important about the American market is that they make the most noise - everybody else, however much they might despise America, tends to go along with this...
    Go figure...It's the 'emporer's new clothes ' again and again...

#BB10FTW
    01-31-13 06:13 AM
    Keeping a tighter lid on leaks.would have killed ' em.
    Lim any street - corner *****, they did what they had to...to get by.
    The only thing important about the American market is that they make the most noise - everybody else, however much they might despise America, tends to go along with this...
    Go figure...It's the 'emporer's new clothes ' again and again...

#BB10FTW
    I can slightly see your point how stopping the leaks would of killed them but it would of made the launch annoucement pack more of a punch if we knew less about what was coming. I dont see how BBRY "despises America"??
    I see your point they do need to make a splash in the US market to stir things up.
    01-31-13 06:36 AM