Has it ever been confirmed that there will be 16, 32, and 64 GB models?
    Thats what I would like to know as well. I have never seen it confirmed. I think everyone is just assuming that there will be.
    01-12-13 11:36 AM
    Thats what I would like to know as well. I have never seen it confirmed. I think everyone is just assuming that there will be.
    No. I think most of us are assuming it's just the 16gb
    01-12-13 11:39 AM
    No. I think most of us are assuming it's just the 16gb
    I agree. Having multiple memory sizes negates the need for expandable storage.
    01-12-13 12:13 PM
    If they're paying $900 for an iPhone.. It's the 64GB one. The 16GB is $699, and the 16GB GS3 is $650 off contract. I would hardly say those (speculative) prices are "inline" with their competitors. As for needing to turn a profit.. The phones aren't THAT expensive where they need to charge $800 for 4.5" of hardware..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

you are right, RIM's cost per unit is not that much but i wish their expenses stopped there. How about the R&D? the advertising? rent for their realestate? their employees? their private jet? Yeah, their overall cost is high. if you are paying 699 outright for a bold, 100 more for the Z seems reasonable. We will find out on the 30th and it is what it is. wont put me in the poor house either way. i need it and i want it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-12-13 12:33 PM
    I agree. Having multiple memory sizes negates the need for expandable storage.
    it does yes but we know that the Z10 has SD card slot so its only going to be coming in one memory size.
    01-12-13 12:44 PM
    it does yes but we know that the Z10 has SD card slot so its only going to be coming in one memory size.
    This is the point I was making.
    01-12-13 12:48 PM
    Can someone that has a dev or engineering device PLEASE finally confirm if it supports SDXC? Specifically I have a 64gb SDXC I am itching to use.
    01-12-13 12:52 PM
    $799 + tax. Yikes

Well, i"m out.

Won't buy this one off contract, is AT&T asks that...no way in h3ll will I spend 800 bucks on a phone.
    01-12-13 12:58 PM
    you are right, RIM's cost per unit is not that much but i wish their expenses stopped there. How about the R&D? the advertising? rent for their realestate? their employees? their private jet? Yeah, their overall cost is high. if you are paying 699 outright for a bold, 100 more for the Z seems reasonable. We will find out on the 30th and it is what it is. wont put me in the poor house either way. i need it and i want it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    The Bold is $549 off contract. Not sure where you're seeing $699 for a Bold.

$799 is absolutely not reasonable. People may buy it, but I will not.
    I will wait until one of my lines is eligible for upgrade next summer. But they won't be making money off me at launch.

If that price is true, that is a ridiculous price.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-12-13 01:10 PM
    So I thought I'd call around to a few Best Buy stores to see if I could gather a little info. Only one seemed to be even a little informed. What I did learn is that they don't know if that price of $799 is correct or not, and even if it was, upon release of any mobile phones, they are only allowed to sell on contract, not outright. I was advised that if I wanted to buy the phone off contract, I'd need to go to a carrier store/outlet in order to do so.

What this tells me is that the price in the leaked pic is not set in stone, nor does it mean anything since they are anticipating a $150, 3yr contract price. So as I pointed out earlier, having a very high list price, gives great motivation to go on a 3yr contract as it is a perceived savings of $650. In retail this is a standard way of selling. Regardless of whether or not you really saved that much or not, the thought of "savings" attracts a lot of buyers.
    jagrlover and christenmartin like this.
    01-12-13 01:30 PM
    Still going to buy it, regardless of the price.
    Wow... regardless of price eh?

... and people here criticise iPhone owners for being sheep.
    01-12-13 01:31 PM
    So I thought I'd call around to a few Best Buy stores to see if I could gather a little info. Only one seemed to be even a little informed. What I did learn is that they don't know if that price of $799 is correct or not, and even if it was, upon release of any mobile phones, they are only allowed to sell on contract, not outright. I was advised that if I wanted to buy the phone off contract, I'd need to go to a carrier store/outlet in order to do so.

What this tells me is that the price in the leaked pic is not set in stone, nor does it mean anything since they are anticipating a $150, 3yr contract price. So as I pointed out earlier, having a very high list price, gives great motivation to go on a 3yr contract as it is a perceived savings of $650. In retail this is a standard way of selling. Regardless of whether or not you really saved that much or not, the thought of "savings" attracts a lot of buyers.
    I called the one on Fairway last night and told her the Bell SKU but she said she couldn't look it up for me
    01-12-13 01:41 PM
    Some interesting negative "sentiment", YET there is no factual basis for same.

Looking forward to Jan 30 2013 and factual news.

Onward BB10 >>>> Jan 30 2013 and beyond
    Well, i"m out.

Won't buy this one off contract, is AT&T asks that...no way in h3ll will I spend 800 bucks on a phone.
    01-12-13 02:09 PM
    If it said Jan 30 at $400 list price, would you be taking it as seriously?
    Probably not. Given that this is also above the estimated retail cost per the Bell promotion, I wouldn't sweat it.

I also doubt that Bell would bother taking preorders two months in advance.
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-12-13 02:18 PM

The Bold is $549 off contract. Not sure where you're seeing $699 for a Bold.

$799 is absolutely not reasonable. People may buy it, but I will not.
    I will wait until one of my lines is eligible for upgrade next summer. But they won't be making money off me at launch.

If that price is true, that is a ridiculous price.
    Let�s keep in mind that the Bold is sold in various countries. In Canada for example, you can buy the Bold outright for 630$ at telusmobility.com. Sorry for the exaggeration on the price. They must have dropped the price. I swore it was more. In the US, maybe the prices are cheaper. If this is the case, maybe the US will see the Z priced differently. Either way, I'm sure we will see all sorts of promotions.

799$ Maybe be too expensive for some people and RIM recognizes this. Isn't this why RIM stated publicly that they would be touching all price points?

If you dont mind me asking, what does your "shiny new Red SIII" go for off contract in the US?
    01-12-13 02:21 PM

799$ Maybe be too expensive for some people and RIM recognizes this.
    That's a FALSE statement as RIM has not announced pricing.

RIM stated publicly that they would be touching all price points?
    That's a TRUE statement as has been factually reported by RIM.
    01-12-13 02:41 PM
    This price simply can't be accurate. If it is they'll have nowhere to go with the Aristo this summer. They'd have to price it at $1000+ and no one would but it.
    01-12-13 02:49 PM
    That's a FALSE statement as RIM has not announced pricing.
    Yeah I agree....it was hypothetical

The second part regarding touching all price points was supposed to be a statement...not a question actually.....
    01-12-13 02:49 PM
    I pray to God that this price is not right. We cannot afford another playbook FiAsCo. The phone needs a good reputation from day one. Not, "I would have considered it, but I heard that new blackberry is $800!". Even if the price is dropped eventually like the playbook was... it would be too late. I also understand RIM's perspective, they have to make money. Hopefully they have found the appropriate middle ground in conjunction with the carriers.
    switcharoo likes this.
    01-12-13 03:00 PM
    I pray to God that this price is not right. We cannot afford another playbook FiAsCo. The phone needs a good reputation from day one. Not, "I would have considered it, but I heard that new blackberry is $800!". Even if the price is dropped eventually like the playbook was... it would be too late. I also understand RIM's perspective, they have to make money. Hopefully they have found the appropriate middle ground in conjunction with the carriers.
    Exactly. Talking strictly about myself and my friends, $549 (off contract) appears to be a sweet spot for X and Z series. I think it's going to be profitable for RIM at that price point but may not be as profitable as they want it to be. But once BB 10 gains traction, they are free to release higher-end models and sell for more money. Initially, $549 (full retail price) is what most of my friends find palpable.
    01-12-13 03:06 PM
    I pray to God that this price is not right. We cannot afford another playbook FiAsCo. The phone needs a good reputation from day one. Not, "I would get it, but I heard its $800!". Even if the price is dropped eventually like the playbooks it would be too late. I also understand RIM's perspective, they have to make money. Hopefully they have found the appropriate middle ground.
    You're taking a leaked and rumoured pic as fact. At this point it's all speculation and nothing to get worked up about. Even if this price is real, it's from one carrier and one carrier only. Aside from iPhones, carriers set their own prices and they are sometimes really far apart.... again, as stated earlier, it's a marketing strategy by the carrier to make a contract seem like a higher value.
    01-12-13 03:10 PM
    You're taking a leaked and rumoured pic as fact. At this point it's all speculation and nothing to get worked up about. Even if this price is real, it's from one carrier and one carrier only. Aside from iPhones, carriers set their own prices and they are sometimes really far apart.... again, as stated earlier, it's a marketing strategy by the carrier to make a contract seem like a higher value.
    No I'm treating it as a rumour. That's why I pray to God its not right.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-12-13 03:11 PM
    Can someone that has a dev or engineering device PLEASE finally confirm if it supports SDXC? Specifically I have a 64gb SDXC I am itching to use.
    [/I]

I'm not such a techie so I don't know about SDXC, but I do know that you'll be able to use a 64 GB sd card as the Z10 will be expandable to 128 GB.
    01-12-13 03:20 PM
    I went to Bestbuy here in Ontario to try and pre order a off contract devive (can't do that it seems ) and the lady told me it will be available on Janurary 30th. I asked her where she heard it from and she said "that's what were being told". I don't believe it at all but thought I'd post it.
    The salesperson didn't understand, they are getting confused with Rim launch date and the actual date when you can get the BB10.
    01-12-13 03:49 PM
    I'm in the uk and just hope I get an affordable contract price.... I pay an affordabke amount for my contract and got the torch for free just a few months after it had come out... I really hope the l-series will be free or affordable with an affordable priced contract!! I can't afford 30 pounds or above per month!! looool
    01-12-13 04:56 PM
90 1234