i saw this on the Main. it seems kinda iffy. im very happy that i have my Bell update on March 30th hehe. no full priec for me. 800$ seems like way to much, even though BBs have a history of being very expensive thsi seems like over kill
    01-11-13 04:31 PM
    Not saying its true but all carriers getting later release is because they jumped on the BB10 wave late.They didnt believe now feedback from corporations and high pre orders came back they hopped on.And now they have to wait 1 month later whilst those that were on the bb10 ship from early will get the the money and probably new customers due to many waiting a long time for this phone.

These phone prices are becomng a joke lol these things costing as much as laptops and pc's. Someones got to step in and regulate these prices shessh.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 01-11-13 at 05:45 PM.
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    01-11-13 04:35 PM
    These phone price are becomng a jke lol these things costing as muc s laptops and pc's someones got to step in regulate this price's shessh.
    I totally agree, the prices are a bit too high. I do understand the R&D behind is expensive but to manufacturers the units is not.
    01-11-13 04:59 PM
    The date and the price are both killers.

For RIM's sake, these better be just filler data and not actual data.
    01-11-13 05:12 PM
    i don't believe 27th.

it would be dumb to hold a press conference and release it 4 weeks later.... the hype will be dead.
    As far as I've been told, RIM wll have the devices ready for the carriers on Jan. 30th. It's up to them when to release them, depending on their own testing. Some are quick, others take quite some time. I'm getting information that it looks like the UK will see devices first. I've also heard Verizon in late February. In Canada, it will be Rogers, Bell, then Telus. You don't have to believe me but I believe my info is credible.
    01-11-13 05:14 PM
    I totally agree, the prices are a bit too high. I do understand the R&D behind is expensive but to manufacturers the units is not.
    The prices are becoming insane they are not worth it considering how quick phones become outdate and a ''new'' model is put out months later.I dont know who are the heads or the companys that put sanctions/bans and rules in place on consumer products and the like but they got to step in its reaching point of extortion.I get a nice contract deal from a hook up ,but if my hook up is no longer there I would be heavily pissed at paying full retail price.I aint even in the americas the part of the country of dollars and im conerned and pissed off for you guys.
    01-11-13 05:55 PM
    The prices are becoming insane they are not worth it considering how quick phones become outdate and a ''new'' model is put out months later.I dont know who are the heads or the companys that put sanctions/bans and rules in place on consumer products and the like but they got to step in its reaching point of extortion.I get a nice contract deal from a hook up ,but if my hook up is no longer there I would be heavily pissed at paying full retail price.I aint even in the americas the part of the country of dollars and im conerned and pissed off for you guys.
    The ironic part is its extortion even if you don't pay full retail. Some of us may have considered buying it outright, but with a price of $800 that simply is not an option. In Canada, we are therefore generally forced into a 3 year term to get a new device for under 200-300$. They then tighten down and limit the new contracts available.
    01-11-13 05:58 PM
    The ironic part is its extortion even if you don't pay full retail. Some of us may have considered buying it outright, but with a price of $800 that simply is not an option. In Canada, we are therefore generally forced into a 3 year term to get a new device for under 200-300$. They then tighten down and limit the new contracts available.
    Damn they are just playing you guys both sides you guys might have to complain to higher ups for real start lobbying and stuff.Phones are costing more than TV's and home entertainment systems that aint right.

It aint that bad in the London contracts are so-so.Just standard contract usually last 12/24 months depending on new phone and special offer periods where you can get the new phone at 12 months usually happens when they are raking it in so very,very,very limited.Contracts are �30-50 a month on 12-24 month contract price also goes up based on insurance cover and other small stuff.

Dont know man its getting outrageous think they are forgetting who's calling the shots.They then wonder why piracy and rooting and hacks and unlocking become a problem and sales go down smh.
    01-11-13 06:30 PM
    Colour me skeptical. Releasing it that late and at that price will kill any buzz they hope to gain from their Jan 30 announcement. No way RIM is that stupid, are they?
    01-11-13 07:13 PM
    I went to Bestbuy here in Ontario to try and pre order a off contract devive (can't do that it seems ) and the lady told me it will be available on Janurary 30th. I asked her where she heard it from and she said "that's what were being told". I don't believe it at all but thought I'd post it.
    01-11-13 07:17 PM
    01-11-13 07:19 PM
    I demand a meeting with the Queen....and The Governor General...and the Prime Minister. If I don't get what I want I'll blockade the highways and go on a hunger strike!! Oh...no I won't, that would be just ludicrous.
    Jake Storm, crazeee4u and jakie55 like this.
    01-11-13 07:48 PM
    February 3rd
    I'm with you....+1
    01-11-13 07:48 PM
    $799 + tax. Yikes
    Just move to Alberta, no provincial tax
    Shanerredflag and crazeee4u like this.
    01-11-13 08:14 PM
    Just move to Alberta, no provincial tax
    No I like living where the action is at in Canada! Southern Ontario represent!
    anon(2757538) likes this.
    01-11-13 08:27 PM
    The contest at Bell stated the approx retail value was at 700. They usually factor in other costs and fees (since they are not allowed to charge anything for winning), Why would they have 799? Weird.
    01-11-13 09:55 PM
    February 3rd
    Second time I've seen you post this. either you know some thing or your screwing with people. either way i like it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-11-13 10:17 PM
    $799 + tax. Yikes
    this pricing is a total bad news if it is real... it probably will make people turn their face away from bb10 before they even see what's good in it...
    01-11-13 10:48 PM
    I went to Bestbuy here in Ontario to try and pre order a off contract devive (can't do that it seems ) and the lady told me it will be available on Janurary 30th. I asked her where she heard it from and she said "that's what were being told". I don't believe it at all but thought I'd post it.
    She's mixing up launch date with release date.
    No one other than RIM execs and perhaps supply chain really knows.

February 3rd
    Second time I've seen you post this. either you know some thing or your screwing with people. either way i like it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    I'm going to guess that he's just screwing around. His track record is terrible. I actually went and did research on all the posts he's ever made.
    At first he was saying the Playbook 2.1 release would be August when it came out in October.
    Then he said the first two BB10 phones would be the full touch and a slider phone. (This has yet to be confirmed, but having seen leaks of the qwerty, but not the slider, it is highly doubted)
    Then he said he knew a senior exec at RIM........

Sounds like all BS to me. Though it doesn't mean it can't be Feb 3rd. After all, he's got like a 1/20 chance of being right. Which are pretty good chances.
    Last edited by Andrew4life; 01-12-13 at 12:25 AM.
    01-12-13 12:12 AM
    She's mixing up launch date with release date.
    No one other than RIM execs and perhaps supply chain really knows.

I'm going to guess that he's just screwing around. His track record is terrible. I actually went and did research on all the posts he's ever made.
    At first he was saying the Playbook 2.1 release would be August when it came out in October.
    Then he said the first two BB10 phones would be the full touch and a slider phone. (This has yet to be confirmed, but having seen leaks of the qwerty, but not the slider, it is highly doubted)
    Then he said he knew a senior exec at RIM........

Sounds like all BS to me. Though it doesn't mean it can't be Feb 3rd. After all, he's got like a 1/20 chance of being right. Which are pretty good chances.

All that you said and the fact that February 3rd is a Sunday..
    01-12-13 04:35 AM
    people are waiting in line to pay 900 for the iphone so I dont know what all the crying about 799 is about. even if its true. These things are not cheap to build and RIM needs to turn a profit. In most cases, its a 3 year investment. The price is inline with iphone and the S3

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-12-13 10:09 AM
    I've said this before the screen shot is inaccurate. First the street date can and will be changed, if need be Best Buy set that as a placeholder.Secondly the product description is not complete. Typically for any product there would be the model number in that line. And lastly Best Buy has the abilty to change that info in RSS at any point.

No need to start panicing that the phone is what ever price because the price is not even set, they needed to have a SKU in the sytem so they could start to take pre orders. And we don't even know if this phone is a 16gb or 64, or even the N series simply because there is not enough product description.
    01-12-13 10:25 AM
    people are waiting in line to pay 900 for the iphone so I dont know what all the crying about 799 is about. even if its true. These things are not cheap to build and RIM needs to turn a profit. In most cases, its a 3 year investment. The price is inline with iphone and the S3

799 for a 16gb is high, plain and simple. $100 or more than the 2 phones you mentioned. Im not saying 799 is the actually price either though.
    01-12-13 10:26 AM

If they're paying $900 for an iPhone.. It's the 64GB one. The 16GB is $699, and the 16GB GS3 is $650 off contract. I would hardly say those (speculative) prices are "inline" with their competitors. As for needing to turn a profit.. The phones aren't THAT expensive where they need to charge $800 for 4.5" of hardware..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    01-12-13 10:26 AM
    If they're paying $900 for an iPhone.. It's the 64GB one. The 16GB is $699, and the 16GB GS3 is $650 off contract. I would hardly say those (speculative) prices are "inline" with their competitors. As for needing to turn a profit.. The phones aren't THAT expensive where they need to charge $800 for 4.5" of hardware..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Has it ever been confirmed that there will be 16, 32, and 64 GB models?
    01-12-13 11:18 AM
90 1234