I just got around to ordering the parts for my next PC. CPUs and motherboards aren't any funner, trust me.
    Didn't help that 652 was a last minute rename of the 620.
    04-16-16 01:59 PM
    BlackBerry will sell low end devices with mid range pricing per the standard modus operandi of selling mid range devices with high end pricing and then Chen will lament about lack of sales and the the thought of killing hardware will resurface again like bad dreams that will not go away.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Ronindan likes this.
    04-16-16 02:13 PM
    They target their view of an enterprise market. Does the enterprise market for phones (except for government) really exist?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 07:11 AM
    If Apple can do it with their new iPhone 5SE, why not BB?
    They could. The difference is though that Apple didn't skimp on the specs for the iPhone SE. They put the 6S internals in it.
    04-24-16 09:13 AM
    Again, install your "fast" Android on a 1gig memory and 1.2ghz dual rocking phone, enjoy the LAGG. Matter fact I did it on a device with those specs. It lags so hard, harder than my iPad 1. Yes my opinion is biased, my house is full of BlackBerry's and Apple products. I use to hate Apple, but it's clear now why they win even as desktops. It's the complete package you get, everything just works, smoothly, out of the box.

If I have the time, I'll record a video showing exactly how hard Android 6.0 lags on the Galaxy Tab 3 (which rocks some dual core 1.2ghz and 1 gig of mem). Than search for a Youtube video of iOS9 on a iPhone 6 (dualcore + 1gig mem).
    Doesn't look too bad to me.

TgeekB likes this.
    04-24-16 02:15 PM
    They could. The difference is though that Apple didn't skimp on the specs for the iPhone SE. They put the 6S internals in it.
    The fact that Apple came to market with this setup makes me hope that we see atleast passport internals with upgraded cameras. I would think the slider mechanism makes the Priv pretty expensive to build so throwing that out I wonder how much BlackBerry could make if using the Privs internals.

Posted via the CrackBerry App from a BlackBerry Priv
    04-24-16 05:43 PM
    A mid-range Android, oo boy, even the high-end Androids lag beyond your wildest fantasies.
    Not sure why you would say that. Lag is gone for the most part as of Lollipop, with some minor hiccups here and there. My beef with android is their background processes which mostly affects battery life. Earlier androids had a lot of crashing and lag, but not newer ones.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 07:43 PM
    I might have mixed up the 652 with the MSM8952 (the 617). I think it's the latter they're targeting, sorry.

Qualcomm's numbering scheme confuses me.
    Will be disappointing if it is not at least the 625 (MSM8953). Only will get the new models if 14nm SoC at least, if not will just stay with the PRIV.
    05-03-16 09:59 AM
    I suspect the PKB model will have the four-row keyboard, for two reasons.

1. The row of virtual keys will be cramped on a screen narrower than the Passport's.
    2. The Classic seems to have broader appeal than the Passport. Although I don't think we'll see a toolbar (assuming we see anything at all of these devices), it would make sense to make it as appealing as possible to the Classic user base.

If they still have camera parts from the Passport, I imagine they'll use those. I gather the Priv camera is better, but if they can keep the price down by using Passport parts, that's a corner they're likely to cut. And I agree it'll be flat screen.
    05-03-16 10:49 AM
    Will be disappointing if it is not at least the 625 (MSM8953). Only will get the new models if 14nm SoC at least, if not will just stay with the PRIV.
    Whatever the specs of the devices are, they will definitely be a step down in internals from the Priv.
    Not sure why you would question staying on your Priv unless the form factor of the new devices is the reason.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    05-03-16 11:47 AM
    Whatever the specs of the devices are, they will definitely be a step down in internals from the Priv.
    Not sure why you would question staying on your Priv unless the form factor of the new devices is the reason.

Based on the rumors the ROME was going to have the PRIV's internals, it would make sense they would use it for the Hamburg too. You can buy smartphones with 808 in them for under $400 already. Priv came late in the 808 life cycle as a premium processor. Any way they might cold save money going with the same internal. Just change the screen.
    05-03-16 02:34 PM
    I still say they should use the z30 chassis and update the processor and screen which would save a lot on design cost.

The z30 was a pretty well built device. But who I am I, let those with the fancy degrees up there in Waterloo figure it out.
    05-03-16 02:38 PM
    The abandonment of the Z30 platform is a head-scratcher.

Rome & Hamburg = Roast & Hamburger
    05-04-16 05:59 AM

Even if using a cheaper SoC, it would be better if it is a 625 for less heat and longer battery life. I prefer 1080p and smaller screen too, that should help with battery life and looks potentially a better keyboard. Still using Passport, have already got PRIV but that thing gets quite hot and battery can get drained quite quickly so might not switch to it. Passport feels much better built too so if Rome is more like that quality then that is a deciding factor too. Also new special button and fingerprint reader also is a plus and maybe the speakers will be better and storage speed could be quicker.

Would prefer a new BB10 device with updated Android runtime though but that doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon.

Anyway it will be quite disappointing if it doesn't have the 625 as a minimum. Samsung Galaxy C7 looks like it has that. BlackBerry will probably price it higher than phones with a 820 too so makes it a hard sell for them and use an old 617 releasing close to when phones with much more power efficient 830 chip are getting talked about.
    05-04-16 10:59 AM
    The abandonment of the Z30 platform is a head-scratcher.

Rome & Hamburg = Roast & Hamburger
    The Z30 was abandoned before it was released!! Best phone out there!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    05-04-16 10:01 PM
    Based on the rumors the ROME was going to have the PRIV's internals, it would make sense they would use it for the Hamburg too. You can buy smartphones with 808 in them for under $400 already. Priv came late in the 808 life cycle as a premium processor. Any way they might cold save money going with the same internal. Just change the screen.
    Yep. Priv internals, people, priv internals!
    05-05-16 08:52 AM
    The Z30 was abandoned before it was released!! Best phone out there!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    It was a little surprising that they made a device similar in style to what people are asking for but didn't put any effort into it.
    05-05-16 10:45 AM
67 123