If they release one similar price as the classic on release i'd give it ago, unless it was too slow and laggy.

Posted via CB10
    Lol . . . this thread unfortunately predicts the end of BlackBerry IMHO since demand is soft from diehards like us who buy every single BlackBerry phone

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-10-16 05:24 PM
    Lol . . . this thread unfortunately predicts the end of BlackBerry IMHO since demand is soft from diehards like us who buy every single BlackBerry phone

End of devices maybe, but not the end of BlackBerry.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-10-16 06:25 PM
    Snapdragon 652 or 617. 3 or 2GB memory.

I tried the 652 on the Galaxy A9 2016, it's actually decent.
    04-10-16 07:03 PM
    SD625,2GB,8/2 MP,16GB internal,3000mA and PKB.

04-10-16 07:17 PM
    Hopefully, the devices will have a competitive price because we already have some idea of what to expect- same as usual, for marketing.
    04-10-16 08:13 PM
    If Apple can do it with their new iPhone 5SE, why not BB?
    04-11-16 01:44 AM
    That long relationship I have with BlackBerry - but who do they think they are?
    Their reputation is not really good anymore, not because of quality & reliability - more because of their future.
    Some don't know how long they will be around and others seem not to know they still exist.

Rather than bringing some "mid-range" devices to the market, they should drop the Priv's price to 400$.
    And additional to that the other devices (might be a touchscreen only & a physical keyboard one) should have AT LEAST the specs. or chipset of the Priv (like they did it with all those OS10 devices) - with that 400$ price tag.

IMO that would be the only thing to get some attraction of other Android users and get some decent reviews.

The "security feature" is cool to have, but not essential if Android users switch to a BlackBerry or not.
    It would only be the "icing on the top" - maybe if users get used to DTEK & Hub and what it's good for, then it will be a selling point in the future - but not for now.

As long BlackBerry has that reputation as it has now - it "just an another Android device".
    There is no "Android fan base" dying to get a AndroidBerry - this has to built up.

That's what they need to understand!
    MikeX74 and JulesDB like this.
    04-11-16 03:05 AM
    When I saw they were releasing mid range Android devices, I took that as read that the h/w spec will be significantly better than the Priv. It's immaterial to me as I'm not in the market for a mid range device. I'm resigned to going Android so I'll be after a flagship device, probably the Huawei P9+
    04-11-16 03:18 AM
    If Apple can do it with their new iPhone 5SE, why not BB?
    Because Apple is in a FAR better position when it comes to getting components in large quantities and getting them at decent prices than BB is.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-11-16 04:18 AM
    Because Apple is in a FAR better position when it comes to getting components in large quantities and getting them at decent prices than BB is.
    So true :-(
    04-11-16 12:24 PM
    Inaccurate
    Not true? Try running Android 6.0 on any 1gb ram + 1.2ghz dual core phone, this will make it so much more easier to see exactly how hard Android lags. Please consider that iOS9 runs smoothly on this hardware. Besides that I've said it before, and will say it again: ALL Android phones are extremely cheap and poorly designed, in both software and hardware. Let's have a look at the new "fantastic" Galaxy S7 which has a PREMIUM price tag of 650 euro, the same as an 64gig iPhone 6. For the price of 650 euros you get: laggy Android, poor design, slow performance, ugly ui, incompatible apps, malware, the list goes on.

Fearless Prediction - 2016 Mid Range Specs-ss-2016-04-16-01.25.35-s.jpg

Let's have a look at the iPhone SE 5S, you can do this with any iPhone.
    Fearless Prediction - 2016 Mid Range Specs-ss-2016-04-16-01.34.58-.jpg

Surprise BlackBerry Classic:
    Fearless Prediction - 2016 Mid Range Specs-ss-2016-04-16-01.41.18-.jpg

This, and the fact that Android is slow are the reasons why Android is nothing more than Chinese filth.
    Last edited by Wybrem; 04-15-16 at 06:43 PM.
    skstrials likes this.
    04-15-16 06:32 PM
    History tells me the passport internals, but hopefully they upgrade the rear and front facing camera along with extra ram than what the passport has. I expect the 4 row keyboard of the classic and 4.5 LCD screen for pk device.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-16 06:57 PM
    Not true? Try running Android 6.0 on any 1gb ram + 1.2ghz dual core phone, this will make it so much more easier to see exactly how hard Android lags. Please consider that iOS9 runs smoothly on this hardware. Besides that I've said it before, and will say it again: ALL Android phones are extremely cheap and poorly designed, in both software and hardware. Let's have a look at the new "fantastic" Galaxy S7 which has a PREMIUM price tag of 650 euro, the same as an 64gig iPhone 6. For the price of 650 euros you get: laggy Android, poor design, slow performance, ugly ui, incompatible apps, malware, the list goes on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss+(2016-04-16+at+01.25.35)s.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	362.8 KB 
ID:	397254

Let's have a look at the iPhone SE 5S, you can do this with any iPhone.

Name:	ss+(2016-04-16+at+01.34.58).jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	397255

Surprise BlackBerry Classic:

Name:	ss+(2016-04-16+at+01.41.18).jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	397256

This, and the fact that Android is slow are the reasons why Android is nothing more than Chinese filth.
    LOL, should I counter your argument by posting links to photos/articles that praise the S7 build?
    Should I care?

You said all Androids lag. I said "inaccurate". Thus far you have been unable to prove otherwise. D-

You have done a good job of interjecting your bias and personal feelings though. A+!
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    04-15-16 06:58 PM
    LOL, should I counter your argument by posting links to photos/articles that praise the S7 build?
    Should I care?

You said all Androids lag. I said "inaccurate". Thus far you have been unable to prove otherwise. You have done a good job of interjecting your bias and personal feelings though. A+!
    Again, install your "fast" Android on a 1gig memory and 1.2ghz dual rocking phone, enjoy the LAGG. Matter fact I did it on a device with those specs. It lags so hard, harder than my iPad 1. Yes my opinion is biased, my house is full of BlackBerry's and Apple products. I use to hate Apple, but it's clear now why they win even as desktops. It's the complete package you get, everything just works, smoothly, out of the box.

If I have the time, I'll record a video showing exactly how hard Android 6.0 lags on the Galaxy Tab 3 (which rocks some dual core 1.2ghz and 1 gig of mem). Than search for a Youtube video of iOS9 on a iPhone 6 (dualcore + 1gig mem).
    04-15-16 07:07 PM
    Snapdragon 652 or 617. 3 or 2GB memory.

I tried the 652 on the Galaxy A9 2016, it's actually decent.
    I've heard things about the 652 with regards to BlackBerry's next device(s).
    04-15-16 07:13 PM
    Again, install your "fast" Android on a 1gig memory and 1.2ghz dual rocking phone, enjoy the LAGG. Matter fact I did it on a device with those specs. It lags so hard, harder than my iPad 1. Yes my opinion is biased, my house is full of BlackBerry's and Apple products. I use to hate Apple, but it's clear now why they win even as desktops. It's the complete package you get, everything just works, smoothly, out of the box.

If I have the time, I'll record a video showing exactly how hard Android 6.0 lags on the Galaxy Tab 3 (which rocks some dual core 1.2ghz and 1 gig of mem). Than search for a Youtube video of iOS9 on a iPhone 6 (dualcore + 1gig mem).
    Why would I care if Android lags on a low budget bloatware riddled device? What does that prove? I have a Moto G (2015) that I got for $149. Guess what? It runs smooth as butter.

Apple makes nice devices, no doubt. Not my cup of tea (recently sold a 6, just a bit boring for me) but it did the job. I have nothing against Apple.

Why does it have to be one against the other? Why do we have to resort to calling Android childish names? If the market says they want Android and Apple, so be it. If Blackberry can sell within the mid-range Android market, so be it.
    04-15-16 07:13 PM
    Why would I care if Android lags on a low budget bloatware riddled device? What does that prove? I have a Moto G (2015) that I got for $149. Guess what? It runs smooth as butter.

Apple makes nice devices, no doubt. Not my cup of tea (recently sold a 6, just a bit boring for me) but it did the job. I have nothing against Apple.

Why does it have to be one against the other? Why do we have to resort to calling Android childish names? If the market says they want Android and Apple, so be it. If Blackberry can sell within the mid-range Android market, so be it.
    Actually it's a stock Android rom. Why would you care?, well because it proves my point of Android being slow. I don't think anyone is interested in an Android from BlackBerry with 2013 specs. Considering the cheap Chinese high-end Android brands like Meizo, and considering your Moto G gets the job done as well, at 1/3 of the price.
    04-15-16 07:23 PM
    Actually it's a stock Android rom. Why would you care?, well because it proves my point of Android being slow. I don't think anyone is interested in an Android from BlackBerry with 2013 specs. Considering the cheap Chinese high-end Android brands like Meizo, and considering your Moto G gets the job done as well, at 1/3 of the price.
    First, it needs to offer something different and that people would want. (Hub? For instance)

Second, they absolutely have to price it right.

Can they do it? Maybe, maybe not.

Can they sell more BB10 devices? I think you know that answer.
    04-15-16 07:29 PM
    The keyboard model should be an Android Q5 that has more screen, less bezel, but otherwise the same design. The all touch should be a rebadge of some other manufacturers all touch, because honestly, why bother making yet another Android slab? Just rebadge, install BlackBerry's custom ROM, and call it a day.

04-15-16 07:34 PM
    History tells me not to be very hopeful. While intrigued, I won't hold my breath.
    Hold your walled, too...? ;-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    04-15-16 08:47 PM
    I've heard things about the 652 with regards to BlackBerry's next device(s).
    Logical choice IMO. Should be a well rounded device, the octacore runs around the same performance as the 808/810 which is plenty for most.
    04-15-16 08:52 PM
    I highly doubt BlackBerry will be as competitive as they need to be at any price range with Android. There are too many other manufacturers out there who have years more experience at doing that.

My guess would be 16:9 1080p display for the all-touch phone and 720p 4:3 for the PKB since 1:1 isn't an approved aspect ratio for Android. Beyond that:
    Snapdragon (617?) Processor
    2GB Ram
    32GB storage w/MicroSD
    13MP Rear/2MP front cameras
    Fairly impressive battery life
    04-15-16 08:57 PM
    Logical choice IMO. Should be a well rounded device, the octacore runs around the same performance as the 808/810 which is plenty for most.
    I might have mixed up the 652 with the MSM8952 (the 617). I think it's the latter they're targeting, sorry.

Qualcomm's numbering scheme confuses me.
    04-15-16 11:12 PM
    I might have mixed up the 652 with the MSM8952 (the 617). I think it's the latter they're targeting, sorry.

Argh.... 617 is the underclocked version of the overheating 615... this isn't great.

Took a quick look on PDADB to see what the 617 from others are, mostly Chinese phones from ZTE and one particular: HTC A9 from when the Priv was launched:

Buy the HTC One A9 | HTC United States
    HTC One A9 LTE-A NA 32GB (HTC Hima Aero) Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net

It's going on special for $429 unlocked. Judging BlackBerry's idea of mid-range is $499-599, it's DOA, especially the Hamburg, which goes head on with it. They might as well just rebadge it and sideload the Hub and call it a day, and go "pure software".

Prove me wrong, BlackBerry, pretty please....
    04-16-16 11:38 AM

I just got around to ordering the parts for my next PC. CPUs and motherboards aren't any funner, trust me.
    04-16-16 01:12 PM
67 123