PKB and All Touch mid range devices are supposedly on their way. Here's what I expect:

- android only. Not really a prediction as we have been told this, but still, let's shed a tear for the stillborn BB10 Passport V.2.

- screen will be flat not curved, ips lcd not oled. 5 inch for all touch, about 4 inch for PKB. Resolution 1920x1080 and 1080x1080. (not sure though how they overcome the square aspect ratio issue on android. Maybe not square and just a super tall phone lol)

-smaller form factor and battery vs Priv. No slider.

-maximum recycling of internal components to save on development costs. Same processor, modem, ram..everything. Same camera too. Basically the guts of the Priv.

Cheers.
    roleli likes this.
    04-09-16 04:10 AM
    Interesting prediction, now it's a wait and see game from Blackberry.
    04-09-16 04:41 AM
    Sellings will rise, while profits will go to the drain...

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 05:09 AM
    The physical keyboard one would be rectangular screen I'm pretty sure of that.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-09-16 06:25 AM
    PKB and All Touch mid range devices are supposedly on their way. Here's what I expect:

- android only. Not really a prediction as we have been told this, but still, let's shed a tear for the stillborn BB10 Passport V.2.

- screen will be flat not curved, ips lcd not oled. 5 inch for all touch, about 4 inch for PKB. Resolution 1920x1080 and 1080x1080. (not sure though how they overcome the square aspect ratio issue on android. Maybe not square and just a super tall phone lol)

-smaller form factor and battery vs Priv. No slider.

-maximum recycling of internal components to save on development costs. Same processor, modem, ram..everything. Same camera too. Basically the guts of the Priv.

Cheers.
    and worst of all, only available from online stores, no stock in real stores like no one seen Priv..

If I could make any influence I made like this:

1) Make BB10 out of a "niche" market to global market.
    2) Translate and put virtual keyboard letters for BB10 OS into iOS languages level.
    3) Put "Print" via WiFi build into the OS.
    4) Made full touch screen Z30 and hardware high end Passport predecessor double camera, even better speakers then Silver Edition, Amoled screen like Z30 and etc.
    5) Make it available to buy in every country where iPhone is available stock in real stores like Iphone Android and WP are, not like today BB10 and Priv devices only available from online stores, make it available in every European country

+ make available to create apps games with Unity, Game Maker and etc for BB10, in other words make easiest as possible to make native apps what others do for iOS and Android today, if you know what I'm saying.

101 and forget about this Android bull****.
    silversmith75 likes this.
    04-09-16 07:09 AM
    The physical keyboard one would be rectangular screen I'm pretty sure of that.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm thinking 3 rows of keys and hopefully they can be very space efficient vertically or this will be a very tall phone.
    04-09-16 07:45 AM
    Passport-like or Classic-like?
    04-09-16 08:11 AM
    Passport-like or Classic-like?
    The Commander says rectangular screen (likely right) and I am guessing Passport-like 3 row keyboard.

BTW I have a passport, will stick with this workhorse as long as I can.
    04-09-16 08:27 AM
    and worst of all, only available from online stores, no stock in real stores like no one seen Priv..

If I could make any influence I made like this:

1) Make BB10 out of a "niche" market to global market.
    2) Translate and put virtual keyboard letters for BB10 OS into iOS languages level.
    3) Put "Print" via WiFi build into the OS.
    4) Made full touch screen Z30 and hardware high end Passport predecessor double camera, even better speakers then Silver Edition, Amoled screen like Z30 and etc.
    5) Make it available to buy in every country where iPhone is available stock in real stores like Iphone Android and WP are, not like today BB10 and Priv devices only available from online stores, make it available in every European country

+ make available to create apps games with Unity, Game Maker and etc for BB10, in other words make easiest as possible to make native apps what others do for iOS and Android today, if you know what I'm saying.

101 and forget about this Android bull****.

Unless you have maybe �20 billion to throw away on a folly I'd suggest that would be unwise.
    I hope the two new handsets are available around next January and then I can choose between those and the priv for my upgrade from passport, (even though they may not technically be upgrades).

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 09:22 AM
    It will be ignored by the carriers - especially the slab phone. Remember that the carriers feel that they should decide what features the phones have and how they fit into their lineup. For a company like BlackBerry, they always want an exclusive since they will be paying for most of the marketing.

It will look awkward to most people. There's a reason why rectangular phones don't come with PKBs - you end up with something that looks like an open Priv which is not ergonomic in the least.
    04-09-16 10:33 AM
    For a suggested $400 price range it will likely be more like the guts of the Q5 then the priv. hopefully it will have 3 gigs of ram instead of 1 though, no lag with 3. I would still purchase the keyboard designed one just to play with as I have never owned a droid before. I guess it wont be so bad since it will have the name BlackBerry on it

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    04-09-16 10:39 AM
    Yeah, you're probably right. I'm thinking 3 rows of keys and hopefully they can be very space efficient vertically or this will be a very tall phone.
    You would need rectangular screen for android apps to work that's why I suggest that.

04-09-16 10:44 AM
    Considering they'll be Android phones getting released the end of this year or even next year, RAM should be AT LEAST 3gb. Processor could be Hexa core like with the Priv. Rear cam could be same as the 13mp of the Passport, but front should be 5mp...

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 11:02 AM
    If they release one similar price as the classic on release i'd give it ago, unless it was too slow and laggy.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 06:02 PM
    If they release one similar price as the classic on release i'd give it ago, unless it was too slow and laggy.

Posted via CB10
    I'd have a classic sized passport spec'd android happily, that should run quite well in the mid range these days I'd think.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 06:11 PM
    Not a chance it'll have the same internals as the Priv for $400. This is BlackBerry we're talking about. I'd be shocked if it had even passport internals.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 and Uzi like this.
    04-09-16 07:53 PM
    Not a chance it'll have the same internals as the Priv for $400. This is BlackBerry we're talking about. I'd be shocked if it had even passport internals.

Posted via CB10
    Let's sure hope not. Hopefully BlackBerry learns from thier mistakes

TgeekB likes this.
    04-09-16 08:04 PM
    16GB on board
    2GB of RAM
    720/1080 LCD screen (non curved)
    2MP selfie-cam
    12/16MP rear shooter
    Android M
    Expandable memory up to 200GB

So pretty much a 2013-2014 build at $400 USD. I doubt it will even be low $400.... remember when the Z3 launched? This means other locations will end up paying a lot more for this phone than it's truly worth.
    04-09-16 08:12 PM
    History tells me not to be very hopeful. While intrigued, I won't hold my breath.
    DrBoomBotz and JeepBB like this.
    04-09-16 08:43 PM
    A mid-range Android, oo boy, even the high-end Androids lag beyond your wildest fantasies.
    04-09-16 09:05 PM
    A mid-range Android, oo boy, even the high-end Androids lag beyond your wildest fantasies.
    Inaccurate
    eric91 likes this.
    04-09-16 09:10 PM
    Noteworthy developments . Something to cheer about .
    TgeekB and eric91 like this.
    04-10-16 03:38 AM
    I think there's a good chance that at least the higher-end phone (the one with the phyiscal keyboard) will have an OLED display just like the Priv. Companies that have committed to OLED displays have had a tendency to stick with them historically (witness Nokia for instance) and they have recently passed a point where they are actually cheaper to make than LCD displays: Right on schedule, AMOLED displays are now cheaper to produce than LCD - Android Authority
    04-10-16 07:23 AM
    Someone was floating the idea of a Snapdragon 600 for the slab, 1080p display, 3000 mAh battery. In any event, brace yourself for the "positive" reviews, regardless if the phone is good or not. Slightly off topic, I hope that BlackBerry learned something from the less than perfect Priv in terms of build quality.

Posted via my Black Passport
    04-10-16 11:04 AM
    If they want to run android even remotely smooth the specs will have to be decent. But i'm sure Blackberry will screw this up anyways.
    04-10-16 04:41 PM
67 123