Mystery BlackBerry 10 device hits the FCC with AT&T-capable LTE

So naysayers, still thinking BB10 is vaporware?
    12-30-12 02:09 PM
    There are still people who believe BB10 is vaporware? Have they been living under a rock?
    12-30-12 02:11 PM
    There are still people who believe BB10 is vaporware? Have they been living under a rock?
    Yep, the same rock they'll be crawling under after Jan 30.
    12-30-12 02:14 PM
    On a more serious note, I'm gonna assume FCC certification must mean that the hardware has been finalized? Or is there still room for certain last-minute changes if RIM were to feel the need to do so?
    12-30-12 02:17 PM
    On a more serious note, I'm gonna assume FCC certification must mean that the hardware has been finalized? Or is there still room for certain last-minute changes if RIM were to feel the need to do so?
    At this stage of the game, and the need to make millions of devices, I really don't think that they are going to be making changes as they are probably already in production to build inventory in order to ship. The logistics of making design changes now makes no sense and would be nearly impossible to put into action.
    12-30-12 02:29 PM
    At this stage of the game, and the need to make millions of devices, I really don't think that they are going to be making changes as they are probably already in production to build inventory in order to ship. The logistics of making design changes now makes no sense and would be nearly impossible to put into action.
    Ah yes, that didn't cross my mind earlier, makes sense.
    12-30-12 02:35 PM
    RIM can still tweak the outside look of the device, however, this means the internals are now rock solid and ready to roll.
    To all of you holster fans:
    FCC passes new BB10 device-bb10holster.jpg
    12-30-12 02:44 PM
    I hope to god that those leaked pics of the qwerty are NOT final hardware, or at least the back door...
    12-30-12 02:46 PM
    The device certified would most likely be the one ready to roll out, so don't get your skivvies in a wad. Sometimes the hardware doesn't photograph as good as it looks in person. I felt that way about the Style and the all-touch Torch, and both were nice in real life. In still life, not even all people look as good as what they do in person, and sometimes vice-versa.
    Toodeurep, hpjrt and kbz1960 like this.
    12-30-12 02:54 PM
    This means that hardware which has been finalised for some time has completed its certification, there will be zero hardware changes happening.
    12-30-12 02:55 PM
    I hope to god that those leaked pics of the qwerty are NOT final hardware, or at least the back door...
    There's nothing in the FCC papers to suggest that they certified both the L-Series and the N-Series however, nor do we really know for sure if those leaked pictures are the final N-Series or just a Dev Alpha C unit. We'll have to wait till launch to find out, as the situation with the N-Series is very murky at the moment.
    Last edited by LazyEvul; 12-30-12 at 03:08 PM.
    12-30-12 02:57 PM
    This is pretty heavily anecdotal, but....I'm not the only one that sees quite a few people saying, "Hells yeah! Selling my *iphone/android* and buying a BB10"....Am I???
    Seriously, I'll bet on EVERY article I've read....3-4 out of 10 people make this comment....not very scientific, I know, but still....even if it were ONE out of 10, that will easily be the third place OS BB has said it would be happy with
    el_excelsior likes this.
    12-30-12 02:57 PM
    It's not.

It's almost as if nobody learned anything from the Z10 pics and early judgment.
    12-30-12 03:09 PM
    It's not.

I have been saying stuff like this the whole time!
    robtanz and lanemaster12 like this.
    12-30-12 03:10 PM
    Does anyone see anywhere that is says the 3G bands? i can't find it in the FCC jargon. It was mentioned that it has the AT&T LTE, but no mention of the 3G bands. Thanks for nay help.
    12-30-12 04:03 PM
    Does anyone see anywhere that is says the 3G bands? i can't find it in the FCC jargon. It was mentioned that it has the AT&T LTE, but no mention of the 3G bands. Thanks for nay help.
    There seems to be mention of HSPA+ (3G+) in the Device Description (1.3) of the RF Exposure Report.
    12-30-12 04:07 PM
    Thats good to know as well. Although I was looking specifically for the frequencies supported.

Does it cover the AWS 3G bands like the rumoured specs do? Specifically the 1700/2100 bands.

thanks again
    12-30-12 04:20 PM
    I hope the keyboard version is better looking then that pictures posted. I love my 9930 and I have a while to swap my phone so maybe by then all the versions will be out and running by the time my contract will be up. MAybe they will work a deal to trade in early with no penalty?
    12-30-12 04:41 PM
    12-30-12 04:52 PM
    Thats good to know as well. Although I was looking specifically for the frequencies supported.

Does it cover the AWS 3G bands like the rumoured specs do? Specifically the 1700/2100 bands.

thanks again
    Can't seem to find any mention of it.
    12-30-12 05:06 PM
    Many times on small runs (prototype) plastic parts are made on 3d printers and do not reflect the finished product in texture and many times shape within confines of course.

I'm sure RIM has a top notch 3d printer inhouse. Really cool technology actually and you can buy a dumbed down version of one on EBay for less than $2k! I expect as they come down in price you will see one in every home soon.
    12-30-12 05:07 PM
    It's not.

Ahhhh Bla1ze, full of such earthy wisdom. I think we should all start calling you "Dad" or "Pops" etc. - tempering our expectations without dashing our hopes.
    12-30-12 05:18 PM
    The back of that X10 looked like leather to me and not plastic at all.
    12-30-12 06:23 PM
    It's still not known what blackberry 10 device it's going to be.
    12-30-12 06:53 PM
    oh boy the thread with the qwerty design what can i say? ridiculous
    12-30-12 07:38 PM
45 12