While I am not crazy about the idea for my own use , I think giving people the option to have a Facebook lock screen would be a smart move for BlackBerry.

Lots of teenagers will be flocking to BlackBerry when they can buy a cheaper device, and this could be a compelling reason to buy one.

Opinions?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 08:16 AM
    While I am not crazy about the idea for my own use , I think giving people the option to have a Facebook lock screen would be a smart move for BlackBerry.

Lots of teenagers will be flocking to BlackBerry when they can buy a cheaper device, and this could be a compelling reason to buy one.

Opinions?

Posted via CB10
    I honestly think there are few people who are that involved with facebook to want it to be the focal point of their device, and those that are, are also probably just as involved with other social networks and don't need facebook polluting their experience on those other networks. In a way BlackBerry has taken the best of both worlds, they have integrated social networks deeply into the device already without giving one preference over another and keeping it all in line with the regular BlackBerry experience that we all love.
    tjseaman and Dapper37 like this.
    04-16-13 08:21 AM
    I see that BlackBerry are trying to 'encourage' the youth to switch to BlackBerry. But, I don't think offering Facebook home is the way to go. UNLESS, the likes of me can delete it
    tjseaman likes this.
    04-16-13 08:22 AM
    I don't see why anyone would want one social site to "take over" their phone. However, I'm sure there are some for whom FB is their world.
    04-16-13 08:46 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't need FB home, because the HUB is already an implementation of it, in a certain way.

We can conclude the same thing about WP8 and their peoples app.

Therefore, it is not really necessary as we have a substitute. I would also be really surprised if BBRY allows it. It goes against their interest, as the Hub is one their USP.

When home finds mass adoption, we must revise our opinions.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 09:24 AM
    Only one who wants Facebook home on phones in my opinion is Facebook...

Posted via CB10
    HUNTZODIAC likes this.
    04-16-13 09:28 AM
    Folks you must remember, BBRY has to have everything available. You may not want or need it but not having the option is the issue and it's what has hurt BBRY in the past. This would be great for BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 09:36 AM

Opinions?

Posted via CB10
    Total bull****!!!
    04-16-13 09:38 AM
    Although I personally am not interested in using it, I think it could only be good for BlackBerry. Also I don't think it would be difficult to for them to do with QNX.
    04-16-13 09:42 AM
    Some people may want it. Personally I only want Facebook to be part of my mobile experience, under my control, not front and centre of the experience.
    04-16-13 09:45 AM
    Facebook popularity is fading, that's the reason they are trying to be innovated, no reason to have them in here specially if can not maintained the app running properly in here now.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 09:47 AM
    Facebook is starting die down a little bit IMO. I have never had an account, but all my friends do and they basically have stopped using it. They all use to be super addicted and they just don't care anymore.

Facebook home would be a nice option, but if they want a device dedicated to facebook, go ahead and buy one.
    04-16-13 09:50 AM
    It's much more than just a Lock Screen though, I believe it's a Launcher with other bundled apps, isn't it? It basically becomes your entire UI, leveraging the flexibility and customization possiblities of Android. BB10 is a very closed OS, much like iOS is. Which has it's pros and cons, but I don't think you can have it both ways.
    04-16-13 10:01 AM
    Folks you must remember, BBRY has to have everything available. You may not want or need it but not having the option is the issue and it's what has hurt BBRY in the past. This would be great for BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    Keep in mind that Home is only available on a few devices from Samsung and HTC. It is not an Android wide app. Facebook themselves have been quite selective of this. Also, having one app have access to launch all other apps is not something that would happen as BB would not give that level of access to anyone.... and thankfully so.
    04-16-13 10:03 AM
    Half of FB's use, is from mobile devices. That means that half of the time, someone uses their services, they cannot cater targeted ads to this user.
    FB also understood, that nobody wants a FB phone. So they thought about it, and decided to make every phone, a FB phone.

The strategy itself is brilliant. The question is if users will want to use it.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:12 AM
    I had it on my phone all yesterday afternoon before I tired of it and took it off. I'm not sure you'd want it even if you were a heavy FB user. Basically, it presents your news feed as a non-chronological slideshow. If you exit to your apps screen, you can post your status, check in, or upload a photo or video from the top of the screen. Anything else (groups, Messenger) you're backed out to the FB or Messenger app. Widgets are all gone. Not worth it. Makes everything else on your device secondary.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-16-13 10:52 AM
    Facebook Home's mission is to divert revenue from Google to Facebook, if your principal interface to your cellphone is Facebook then Facebook gets the ad revenue, if it is Android then Google gets the revenue.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-16-13 11:45 AM
    _ No. _
    04-16-13 11:49 AM
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 03:19 PM
    No.- It's not even good on Android. Why would it be good on Blackberry. Facebook Home is a desperate attemp to bring Facebook chat more "in the face" to all users but it limits all the widgets and lockscreen functions. It also destroy the flow of user experience which the OS UI is designed for. They already lost chat to Whatsapp, doesn't matter how they tweak it. Nice try Facebook but 2.3/5 stars on Google Play Store and most of the ppl uninstalled it right away.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    04-16-13 07:02 PM