I would love to put the schedule of my favorite sports teams into my calendar. Is there an easy, non manual entry way to do this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 07:41 AM
    I believe you can import a schedule to your Outlook or Google Calendar. Then you could sync either one of those to your BB. At least for the Mariners it can be done. If your sports teams schedule page has a "Download Schedule" link, you can do it.

Here is an example

Downloadable Schedule | Mariners.com: Schedule
    07-31-09 09:31 AM
    To bad you are unable to import that directly into your Blackberry. Found a cool program called Infuzer (on the calgary flames website) that can update calender entries from the internet, so rescheduled games can be changed, or final scores can be pushed out to your calendar. It only supports desktop computers (Lotus, Outlook, Palm calendar) but it would be cool to have a program like this on a BB.
    07-31-09 09:55 AM
    Just to update, I downloaded the Cowboys schedule and it saved as a .csv file to my desktop. From there I just added it to my Google Calendar which sync's automatically with my BB Calendar. You need the Google Sync App added to your 'Berry, you can find that here

Google Sync on your mobile phone
    07-31-09 09:55 AM
    To bad you are unable to import that directly into your Blackberry. Found a cool program called Infuzer (on the calgary flames website) that can update calender entries from the internet, so rescheduled games can be changed, or final scores can be pushed out to your calendar. It only supports desktop computers (Lotus, Outlook, Palm calendar) but it would be cool to have a program like this on a BB.
    Yeah, thats the only con about most calendars. They wont update any schedule changes, I believe I've seen a few options, such as the one you described. Outlook would be the best option, otherwise you would have to delete the old calendar and then add the revised one when you noticed a schedule change/update.
    07-31-09 09:59 AM
    I imported the Red Sox schedule into my google calendar from the Red Sox website and it updates all the games and times and it also gives you starting pitchers and other info for the game in the notes. I have even seen some scores pushed to the calendar while the game is being played.
    07-31-09 10:29 AM
    I imported the Red Sox schedule into my google calendar from the Red Sox website and it updates all the games and times and it also gives you starting pitchers and other info for the game in the notes. I have even seen some scores pushed to the calendar while the game is being played.
    Really?? Thats cool. Did you use the .csv or the ical file?
    07-31-09 10:51 AM
    The ical file. You just copy and paste the url that they give you and I guess when they update the url it updates your calendar too.
    07-31-09 10:54 AM
    The ical file. You just copy and paste the url that they give you and I guess when they update the url it updates your calendar too.
    Sweet, thanks man.
    07-31-09 10:55 AM
    No problem, glad to help.
    07-31-09 10:57 AM
    Here is a link to all the NFL teams schedules.
    South End Zone - iCal NFL Schedules

You just copy the link of your team and then go to your calendar (I use google calendar) and add a calendar and choose add by url and you are set.

These are updated every year so you should not have to add the calendar ever again.
    07-31-09 11:03 AM
    In Google Calendar, you can go to add more calendars directly from there. I added a couple of calendars that way without having to hunt on individual pages for an export link. It should syn up with your bb calendar without hassle. Now if only Google Sync allowed you to sync with multiple bb calendars. That would be perfect!
    07-31-09 11:04 AM
    Here is a link to all the NFL teams schedules.
    South End Zone - iCal NFL Schedules

You just copy the link of your team and then go to your calendar (I use google calendar) and add a calendar and choose add by url and you are set.

These are updated every year so you should not have to add the calendar ever again.
    Thanks again, this is much better than the ordinary NFL schedules.
    07-31-09 02:15 PM
    Yeah. I think so too because they update automatically every year.
    07-31-09 02:17 PM
    Just to update, I downloaded the Cowboys schedule and it saved as a .csv file to my desktop. From there I just added it to my Google Calendar which sync's automatically with my BB Calendar. You need the Google Sync App added to your 'Berry, you can find that here

Google Sync on your mobile phone
    I'm not finding any way to install Google Sync, I go to the mobile address m.google.com/sync on my phone and it just gives me info about Sync and tells me to go to the same address on my PC to find out if my phone is supported. There is no download link or anything else. I set up a Google account and imported the Yankees schedule into Google Calendar and want to sync it with my Bold but can't if I don't have this Sync app installed, correct? Would the fact that I'm running OS 5 have anything to do with not getting a download link?
    07-31-09 02:18 PM
    I'm not finding any way to install Google Sync, I go to the mobile address m.google.com/sync on my phone and it just gives me info about Sync and tells me to go to the same address on my PC to find out if my phone is supported. There is no download link or anything else. I set up a Google account and imported the Yankees schedule into Google Calendar and want to sync it with my Bold but can't if I don't have this Sync app installed, correct? Would the fact that I'm running OS 5 have anything to do with not getting a download link?
    It might be. I go to the site on my BB browser and it pops up with install now link.
    07-31-09 02:21 PM
    It might be. I go to the site on my BB browser and it pops up with install now link.
    Damn. I can't install the new App World either because of OS 5. Looks like I'm gonna have to downgrade the OS.
    07-31-09 02:23 PM
    That sucks. .282 works great.
    07-31-09 02:28 PM
    5.0.0.100 has been working tremendously for me, but I knew from the beginning that I might have issues eventually with something along the line. I'll give either .282 or .291 a shot.

EDIT: OK, maybe not .291 since it's based on an older platform than .282.

EDIT AGAIN: Yep, 5.0.0.100 was the problem, downgraded to .282 and the Google Sync link shows as well as App World. Sorry if this is a bit off-topic.
    Last edited by NoahFecks; 07-31-09 at 05:01 PM.
    07-31-09 02:38 PM
    5.0.0.100 has been working tremendously for me, but I knew from the beginning that I might have issues eventually with something along the line. I'll give either .282 or .291 a shot.

EDIT: OK, maybe not .291 since it's based on an older platform than .282.

EDIT AGAIN: Yep, 5.0.0.100 was the problem, downgraded to .282 and the Google Sync link shows as well as App World. Sorry if this is a bit off-topic.
    Thats cool. Glad it worked for you.
    07-31-09 09:01 PM
    Thanks for all the help! I now have my favorite NFL team on my calendar! Now I need to find other schedules in ical format. College football, College basketball, Baseball and more!!! Any more calendar links would be a plus too.

07-31-09 10:29 PM
    For baseball, just go to their official team website and look for the schedule link and there should be a download schedule link to the left side. For the rest just google south carolina gamecocks ical schedule for example (my favorite college team).
    07-31-09 10:36 PM
    I think the MLB has calanders for all the teams you can import into outlook and then just sync your phone.

07-31-09 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD