12-18-09 12:32 AM
30 12
tools
    I was told that Nextel PTT system is getting worse because the Gov. Keeps taking over more bandwidth and squeezing them out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Why not they are trying to take over everything else in our lives.
    12-11-09 04:01 PM
    Why not they are trying to take over everything else in our lives.
    Amen!

I started with Nextel 9 years ago and only dumped them this past summer when my company laid me off for three months. At the time I had a 8350i. Loved the phone but service was HORRIBLE! I was working at Disneyland building an addition to one of the Hotels. My drive was 98 miles one way from my house. The phone was useless when it came to conversations while I was going down the 5 freeway. I would try to talk to my wife and would drop the call every couple of miles. I was told by a sprint/nextel rep that nextel is not very good at handing off calls from one tower to another. So when I got laid off I bought a 8330 and sold the 8350i and dropped the direct connect. If Sprint made A really good hybrid smart phone I would be all over it. Doubt it will ever happen in my lifetime though.
    12-11-09 08:04 PM
    I can't STAND that annoying beep before the person's voice comes thru!
    Well, there's always when someone gets all insistent and "alerts" you... or maybe when they start talking, and you are in a meeting....and privacy somehow got turned off!
    12-15-09 02:32 PM
    die IDEN! DIE!
    12-16-09 11:38 AM
    Nextel needs to die already.

It's like hearing a dying animal in the weirds that can't be found.

I'm so glad no one uses them anymore.

That chirp was effing ridiculous.
    Nextel's are still used alot in the service and labor fields. They are even making inroads into the transportation fields. Push to talk on cellphones are obviously not for everyone (just as a blackberry isn't for everyone) but for those who need them, they are a god sent!
    12-18-09 12:32 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD