Fastest downloading smartphones revealed: Did yours make the list? | ZDNet

Summary: Researchers from Finland's Aalto University have produced a list of top download speeds for 150 devices that consumers can reference to see if its the network - or their device - that's causing slow speeds.
    150 phones tested and they couldn't make room for any BlackBerry 10 phones?

Z10 STL100-3 |10.2.1.2141 | Bell | CB10
    03-20-14 11:13 AM

Be honest, are you really surprised they didn't include a blackberry?
    03-20-14 11:18 AM
    Be honest, are you really surprised they didn't include a blackberry?
    Yeah I am. If it's not the fastest if not one of the fastest, why wouldn't they include it?

If you were doing something on the planets fastest cars, would you not include the Lambroghini or some other exotic cars? Even though only 100 or so are produced every year? 0000.1% of the market share? Just bias, nothing more, nothing less

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    03-20-14 11:35 AM
    Yeah I am. If it's not the fastest if not one of the fastest, why wouldn't they include it?

If you were doing something on the planets fastest cars, would you not include the Lambroghini or some other exotic cars? Even though only 100 or so are produced every year? 0000.1% of the market share? Just bias, nothing more, nothing less

Posted via CB10
    Except that Lambos and other exotic cars are not struggling businesses with tarnished brands. And no one thinks they are going out of business either. I doubt anyone looks at Blackberry as an exotic brand.
    03-20-14 12:27 PM
    Except that Lambos and other exotic cars are not struggling businesses with tarnished brands. And no one thinks they are going out of business either. I doubt anyone looks at Blackberry as an exotic brand.
    What does their financial situation have to do with the performance of the device? You proved my point.....bias!

Posted via CB10
    shupor, AnimalPak200 and wincyUt like this.
    03-20-14 01:11 PM
    The study is from data culled from the Netradar app which is not available for BB. Given the study was from Finland they included Nokia devices and their operating systems which is also why they included Finnish smartphone startup Jolla which is also MEEGO based.. Perhaps Finland has a lack of BB app programmers?
    03-20-14 01:49 PM
    The study is from data culled from the Netradar app which is not available for BB. Given the study was from Finland they included Nokia devices and their operating systems which is also why they included Finnish smartphone startup Jolla which is also MEEGO based.. Perhaps Finland has a lack of BB app programmers?
    The net radar app runs fine on Z10. It just doesn't seem to use the wifi radio just cellular so the speeds are comprimised.
    03-20-14 02:30 PM
    Fastest downloading smartphones revealed: Did yours make the list? | ZDNet

Actually, it was a lot more than 150 devices. They just aggregated data from the top 150 most typically used.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    03-20-14 02:44 PM
    What does their financial situation have to do with the performance of the device? You proved my point.....bias!

Posted via CB10
    Not at all. Like I said, Blackberry is a tarnished brand. Lambo isn't. Lambo is a respected brand while Blackberry is made fun of. Now do you understand?
    03-20-14 03:27 PM
    Not at all. Like I said, Blackberry is a tarnished brand. Lambo isn't. Lambo is a respected brand while Blackberry is made fun of. Now do you understand?
    I think the netang100 has a point.

Assuming BB would have performed well, in part due to it having recently been determined to have the fastest browser (some evaluation, don't recall which, but it's on the forums), then it really was a mistake to not include them from an objective/technical perspective. It's safe to say the study was "biased" in that they have a "bias" against BB. Bias merely means unobjective.

You say they have a "tarnished" brand. That's not making a logical reason as to why they should not have been included if the study purported to judge the download speeds of the phones generally available. The only way the study could have objectively discluded BB would be on some type of technical detail or because they aren't generally available in some market or something.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    laketrout73 and wincyUt like this.
    03-20-14 04:14 PM