I'm just going to "arm chair CMO"for a little bit, here. Weigh in if you feel so inclined.

I'm starting a fantasy BlackBerry marketing department. Right here right now. I once read on Crackberry that Thorsten follows the activity on this site. If that's true let's give him something(s) to think about.

Marketing Challenge: Generate holiday interest for BlackBerry codename "Aristo."

Fantasy Specs: 5 inch AMOLED screen; Harmon/Kardon Speakers; 2 Ghz quad-core Snapdragon processor; 12 megapixels front and rear-facing cameras by Canon; WiFi; Bluetooth; BB10; HDMI; DLNA; 16 Gb Memory, expandable to 64 Gb; 17 hours talktime; 500 hours standby.

If you're going to develop a fantasy campaign, you'll need the following:
    � Tagline, slogan
    � Selling get point, "gimmick"
    � Positioning
    � Appellate Demographic

The "Aristo" is fabled to be the most powerful BlackBerry yet. That's what they said about the Storm, remember how that went? We don't want a repeat of that, nor it's marketing. We talk plenty of what should be happening with BlackBerry marketing; let's see if we can actually do something good about it. Be creative. Have fun. Let's be more than bold, and do more than just keep moving forward.
    07-12-13 12:50 AM
    I thought you were asking what a fantasy marketing department for BlackBerry would look like. My idea: find the real life Don Draper and then hire this person.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 02:01 AM
    Great Idea. I don't think that the Aristo can compete in terms of specs therefore BlackBerry needs to focus on showing Software skills. I hope they have some secret weapons coming with 10.2.

Posted via my red hot Z10
    07-12-13 06:05 AM
    Actually, #1 is understanding your market. The US is quite different than many other populations. It is all about perception, reality really does not mean much. Look at Apple. They can make statements about how great their latest OS is, while in reality it has very little more to offer.

Much of the US population wants to be known as being "in", wants glitter and dazzle, wants no brainer gaming, and really does not care about function, practicality, business features, etc.

Do a broad spectrum focus group. It is amazing about how little actual knowledge the general population has or cares to have. Put out some glitter, some razzle-dazzle, state positivity that you are the greatest using some ***** Hollywood personality, and bang, you will be #1.

By the way, my comments do not reflect most of you who will read this as reading this post means you want to be informed.
    07-12-13 09:30 AM
    The real bbry has a fantasy marketing group as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 09:57 AM
    Actually, #1 is understanding your market. The US is quite different than many other populations. It is all about perception, reality really does not mean much. Look at Apple. They can make statements about how great their latest OS is, while in reality it has very little more to offer.
    Being great is less about adding new things than it is at being great at the things you are doing.

Much of the US population wants to be known as being "in", wants glitter and dazzle, wants no brainer gaming, and really does not care about function, practicality, business features, etc.
    Yes, that's it. I'm sure that's why BBRY was the #1 smartphone vendor in the U.S. until 2009. . .they had the glitter and dazzle device that provided no brainer gaming and did not care about function, practicality, or business features.

Do a broad spectrum focus group. It is amazing about how little actual knowledge the general population has or cares to have.
    Your post has made me a believer, though "amazing" isn't the word I would use.

Put out some glitter, some razzle-dazzle, state positivity that you are the greatest using some ***** Hollywood personality, and bang, you will be #1.
    That's it. BBRY isn't #1 today because they forgot the glitter and razzle dazzle, and because they picked a NY personality and not a Hollywood one.

By the way, my comments do not reflect most of you who will read this as reading this post means you want to be informed.
    I'm feeling completely let down.
    07-12-13 10:41 AM