well im sure many remember Comscores `statistics` last week about smartphone growth in the UK, but dont put any weight behind it, the figures were wrong.

Last week ComScore announced OS smartphone growth in the UK from the period May 2010 to May 2011 but it looks like they got it wrong when it comes to the BlackBerry smartphone.

RIM have been quick off the mark to correct the mistake that ComScore made in relation to BlackBerry smartphones sold here in the UK in the above period. RIM have released the following statement:

ComScore estimated that RIM had 3.591 million BlackBerry subscribers in the UK at the end of May 2011 when in fact RIM's UK subscriber base at the end of May 2011 stood at just under 7 million subscribers.
    Source

so it seems the figures were a (few) million miles away, not to be the consipracy theorist, but think they made a `mistake` or are biased?

and no, dont expect to see this good news on BGR anytime soon lol
    07-25-11 09:00 PM
    Although I don't know much about the company, I think it would probably be a mistake. Especially by making an error that big, even if they were biased, they are giving RIM even more attention now. And they must have known that RIM would have called them out if they purposely made the mistake.

Note to all the trolls: See how I stated my opinion without flaming the OP or bashing RIM? Please try to do the same. Post something that contributes to the article, or do not post at all.
    K Bear and Jake Storm like this.
    07-25-11 09:06 PM
    well im sure many remember Comscores `statistics` last week about smartphone growth in the UK, but dont put any weight behind it, the figures were wrong.

Source

so it seems the figures were a (few) million miles away, not to be the consipracy theorist, but think they made a `mistake` or are biased?

and no, dont expect to see this good news on BGR anytime soon lol
    This is one of bgr known sources he pulls bd from. He would never post this that's for sure!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-11 09:22 PM
    Hmmm.... Makes you wonder how much of their other figures are mistakes. I don't know too much about the company, I know someone that works there. I do know that their are some companies out there that are hired to test things for manufacturers, and those manufacturers always come out on top. Cisco pays a company called Miercom to "test" their stuff against competitor and the Cisco stuff always wins. Every time the Cisco rep brought that crap up I'd tell them to get the **** out. Comscore always seems to have great figures for Google, and Google probably uses those figure to sell advertising, so makes you wonder how independent they are and if they have a vested interest in Google doing well.
    07-25-11 09:24 PM
    i agree that mistakes can happen, and sure its only `estimated` (no they didnt ask me, so am i not important?? lol) but half the number? seems odd to say the least.

also its worth noting the term is `subscriber base` which RIM measures by BIS/BES subscriptions, so theres no place to massage those figures.
    07-25-11 09:30 PM
    comscore has been doing this data for quite some time, i would guess this is a fat finger somewhere. Several years ago they reported the numbers when RIM was ahead of the game too. I like gartner reporting better but its all basically the same
    07-25-11 09:31 PM
    comscore has been doing this data for quite some time, i would guess this is a fat finger somewhere. Several years ago they reported the numbers when RIM was ahead of the game too. I like gartner reporting better but its all basically the same
    Gfk seem to be the best for in the UK, also Gfk supply the reps to alot of the smartphone manufactures in the UK.
    07-25-11 09:46 PM
    Math is hard
    07-26-11 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD