Out of all the people I know who own BB's everyone one of them have dropped their phone at least once, is this a pretty common thing among Blackberry folk?
    11-01-10 10:32 PM
    Dropped my Curve and Bold quite a few times. Only dropped my Torch once so far.
    11-01-10 10:34 PM
    Out of all the people I know who own BB's everyone one of them have dropped their phone at least once, is this a pretty common thing among Blackberry folk?
    It's a common thing among human beings. Yay, we have opposable thumbs, but that doesn't always help. See, sometimes human beings have this thing we do called "making mistakes", and dropping things falls into that category...
    11-01-10 10:50 PM
    Actually just dropped my curve tonight for the first time lol. Always try to take care of it though since I took off the insurance.
    11-02-10 12:05 AM
    Otterbox...gotta love it. I've dropped my 8350 more times than I can count and it just bounces. You'd think I'd be able to be able to hold onto a 1-lb rubber coated rectangle, wouldn't ya?
    11-02-10 12:34 AM
    I've dropped all of my blackberry's with the exception of my torch...but I have had it for only a month.

...But before I had a blackberry I remember dropping my dumb phones too.

"It's Not a Matter of If—It's a Matter of When"
    11-02-10 02:31 AM
    Dropped mine just awhile back. Thanks to otterbox as well.
    11-02-10 02:57 AM
    I dropped my bold 9700 many times, even swatting it off the bed. My Pearl 8130 went flying down the stairs in the subway station, without a case, and it survived. I still have it and it still works!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 05:04 AM
    I've dropped my bold 9650 a ton of times. In my opinion, berrys are fairly resistant to drops. The only damage I have on my berry is from having a number 2 pencil in the same pocket, somehow it cracked part of the screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 09:17 AM
    I've dropped my Torch several times but only one time left a mark.
    11-02-10 09:25 AM
    Knock on wood I have not dropped it yet. It's always in it's defender just in case.
    11-02-10 09:30 AM
    I dropped my curve 8310 into water, left it to dry for a day and it all worked fine! Doesn't matter what phone you have and how careful you are with it, at some point you will drop it!
    11-03-10 03:07 AM
    I dropped my Curve so many times... that thing could take the abuse, for sure. Then again, I got it used so it didn't bother me much. It stood up to 2 years of mistreatment from me though, which is awesome! It even rolled under my car once - eep.

I just upgraded to a Torch and haven't managed to drop it yet, although it hasn't even been 12 hours. I haven't gotten a pretty case for it yet so hopefully I can manage not to drop it for a while longer.
    11-05-10 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD