Hi all.. i really need help.
    A man swapped phones with me and told me it was a blackberry torch. When i got home i realised it was a copy as it has no blackberry signs on, and no apps like app world or bbm.
    Everything works fine, i can text and phone out and stuff, but when i go to use the internet it doesnt work, neither does the wi-fi.. on the internet settings it says something about China :/ so clearly its a China fake blackberry.. Does anyone know if i can change the internet settings so i can use the internet? I'll be getting a new blackberry tonight, lets hope thats a normal one!
    05-23-12 10:20 AM
    A man swapped phones with me and told me it was a blackberry torch. When i got home i realised it was a copy as it has no blackberry signs on, and no apps like app world or bbm.
    Everything works fine, i can text and phone out and stuff, but when i go to use the internet it doesnt work, neither does the wi-fi.. on the internet settings it says something about China :/ so clearly its a China fake blackberry.. Does anyone know if i can change the internet settings so i can use the internet? I'll be getting a new blackberry tonight, lets hope thats a normal one!
    um if i were you, i would be going after the guy that lied to you and get your phone back. but yes, you should be able to change the wap settings to your carriers settings, as long as their is an option to do so. but i would be more concerned about cracking some skull as opposed to getting the junk he gave you to work.
    05-23-12 10:22 AM
    Well I guess you learned a VAULABLE lesson......or did you
    diegonei likes this.
    05-23-12 10:27 AM
    Um did you not check the phone out before you bought it?
    05-23-12 10:32 AM
    While it does sound like you have a fake BlackBerry, there's also the possibility that you don't have a BIS data plan from your carrier. BlackBerrys are not compatible with regular data plans (for iPhones, Androids, etc...), and so you'll have to contact your carrier. Without BIS, you will not be able to connect to the internet (or you will be able to, but in a very limited capacity).
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-23-12 10:45 AM
    You've been had.
    05-23-12 11:31 AM
    The same happened to my brother they sold him a fake blackberry and when I looked at it I knew it was fake. They cant connect to desktop manager,no app world and no BBM no PIN and so on.

Sent from my BlackBerry Curve 8520 using Crackberry Forum App
    05-23-12 06:10 PM
    05-23-12 06:13 PM
    That's why I ALWAYS meet at the Sprint store when I trade phones.
    That way, I won't get scammed.

Next time tell them to meet at whatever carrier store you have service with.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-23-12 06:34 PM
    now that i revisit this post, it seems trollish. i mean 1 post? and you can spot a fake BB the minute you look at the OS. not to mention, who doesnt look over stuff they buy....especially in person.
    05-24-12 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD