I want to start with owning and using a BlackBerry device has been great! Using them as a corporate user was always first rate, but as I handed off the business to the boys and having more time and discovering Crackberry made it not only fun but intriguing. The help I received from Conite and Cobalt was always terrific. There are many others I am not mentioning and am sorry I missed you. That people would give of their time freely shows who and why this is a great community.

But alas the end is coming upon us fast now, we can see the light slowly being turned off and know deep down the end is near. As I said in another post about my favorite phone, The T-Rex of the family is facing that good night now bravely and alone no apologies asked or given.

A great chapter of communication is coming to an end. The Big Dog is glad to have been here for ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Fairwell dear freind.-img_20200316_115211.jpg   Fairwell dear freind.-img_1581.jpg   Fairwell dear freind.-apple-photos-41514-052.jpg  
    10-10-21 04:54 PM
    I want to start with owning and using a BlackBerry device has been great! Using them as a corporate user was always first rate, but as I handed off the business to the boys and having more time and discovering Crackberry made it not only fun but intriguing. The help I received from Conite and Cobalt was always terrific. There are many others I am not mentioning and am sorry I missed you. That people would give of their time freely shows who and why this is a great community.

But alas the end is coming upon us fast now, we can see the light slowly being turned off and know deep down the end is near. As I said in another post about my favorite phone, The T-Rex of the family is facing that good night now bravely and alone no apologies asked or given.

A great chapter of communication is coming to an end. The Big Dog is glad to have been here for ride.
    Woof.
    10-10-21 05:01 PM
    ...The Big Dog is glad to have been here for ride.
    It ain't over till the CB 1M thread gets approximately another 400K posts.
    10-10-21 10:42 PM
    It ain't over till the CB 1M thread gets approximately another 400K posts.
    Should pick up the pace on that one. It’s slowed way down…..
    10-11-21 06:53 AM
    Those were the days my friend, We thought they'd never end, We'd sing and dance forever and a day...
    Fairwell dear freind.-berrysfront.jpgFairwell dear freind.-berrysback.jpg
    10-11-21 04:37 PM
    Those were the days my friend, We thought they'd never end, We'd sing and dance forever and a day...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Berrysfront.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	144.4 KB 
ID:	451197Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Berrysback.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	451198
    It ended for me 4.5 years ago after nearly 10 years but I still look in here from time to time. You really are a stubborn, hard breed.
    I still occasionally dig out my 9900 & Z30 just for fun and they both still run ok (well, they at least still turn on but not much else works).
    Keep the faith guys and I hope OM works out for you.
    10-11-21 07:44 PM
    ....You really are a stubborn, hard breed...Keep the faith guys and I hope OM works out for you.
    That photo I think was from 2014. For the Playbook, I am on my second Samsung replacement tablet already since that photo. For the BBOS work device in that photo, they switched me to a Q10 at some point after that photo, then later to an iPhone (yuck). The Z10 in that photo I haven't used as a personal daily driver for a while (switched to a Samsung).

I don't hold hope for something from OM. I think Android slabs or maybe something from Unihertz is the best current options.

...but those were indeed the days.
    BergerKing and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-11-21 08:10 PM
    It is a sad chapter in Blackberry history and I have been on the forums since the early days like many others out there in Crackberry land. I still remember when the forums where very active.

I was the first person in my area to buy a OS10 device from my local T Mobile store, it seemed like every other week there was a leak and I couldn’t wait to flash it and post the results on the forums.

But, as other have stated, it’s been well known this day would come. As for myself, I still have many friends on the forums and I am still active in a couple BBMe groups and will be around as long as Crackberry is still here.

As for Blackberry, no regrets and or sadness, it was a fun ride and I made a lot of friends along the way.
    10-12-21 02:22 PM
    I was the first person in my area to buy a OS10 device from my local T Mobile store, it seemed like every other week there was a leak and I couldn’t wait to flash it and post the results on the forums.
    Slightly envious. Back when I was using a 9930, BBM had an AR feature that showed fellow BBM users in the vicinity. I’d never come across anyone using a BlackBerry outside work other than a couple people from out of town also using it for work, and when I tried out that AR feature I was surprised to discover hundreds using BBM. These all had to be BlackBerry users at the time, as BB10 hadn’t even been confirmed and I think Kevin had yet to start growing out his hair. I got a Z10 shortly after launch and to this day never encountered another BlackBerry user, much less anyone with a BB10 device.
    bakron1 likes this.
    10-12-21 02:41 PM
    Slightly envious. Back when I was using a 9930, BBM had an AR feature that showed fellow BBM users in the vicinity. I’d never come across anyone using a BlackBerry outside work other than a couple people from out of town also using it for work, and when I tried out that AR feature I was surprised to discover hundreds using BBM. These all had to be BlackBerry users at the time, as BB10 hadn’t even been confirmed and I think Kevin had yet to start growing out his hair. I got a Z10 shortly after launch and to this day never encountered another BlackBerry user, much less anyone with a BB10 device.
    I knew plenty of Blackberry users back in the day and everyone used BBM back then. All that changed when Android and Apple came into the picture around 2007 timeframe if my memory serves me well.

I will tell you that Blackberry had already began to slide during that time when they stopped listening to what their customers where asking for and Android and Apple did listen and the rest is water under the bridge.

I will say that when I had my @blackberry.net email address back then, It meant you where a professional and that I really miss. Today everything is so generic and not unique like back then.
    Thud Hardsmack and p51 like this.
    10-12-21 04:17 PM
    I knew plenty of Blackberry users back in the day and everyone used BBM back then. All that changed when Android and Apple came into the picture around 2007 timeframe if my memory serves me well.

I will tell you that Blackberry had already began to slide during that time when they stopped listening to what their customers where asking for and Android and Apple did listen and the rest is water under the bridge.

I will say that when I had my @blackberry.net email address back then, It meant you where a professional and that I really miss. Today everything is so generic and not unique like back then.
    This!!!
    BergerKing likes this.
    10-12-21 09:21 PM
    Sad times indeed, fired up my old P 9983 the other day, cracking little phone, wish I could still use it now.
    10-13-21 02:54 AM
    I used to feel the same way apart from work it was a lonely place at times.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    10-17-21 11:07 AM

I used to feel the same way apart from work it was a lonely place at times.
    It didn’t start out that way; I remember the before times when friends would laugh at my wife’s brother for standing in line for “that stupid I-thing, what’s the little i for anyway” and we were eagerly anticipating the clicky touchscreen BlackBerry was bestowing upon us. That hot mess was the beginning of the decline from where I was standing.
    BergerKing and bakron1 like this.
    10-17-21 10:12 PM
    It didn’t start out that way; I remember the before times when friends would laugh at my wife’s brother for standing in line for “that stupid I-thing, what’s the little i for anyway” and we were eagerly anticipating the clicky touchscreen BlackBerry was bestowing upon us. That hot mess was the beginning of the decline from where I was standing.
    I think the fact that they weren't putting out devices with storage or decent RAM for people that wanted to use the devices for media purposes played a huge role. Recycling processors with little to no RAM just made them poorly suited, and OS 10 was just so poorly received, you could tell they weren't ready for prime time at all. Now, my old carrier will be completely absorbed by next year, as T-Mo phases out all the old Sprint CDMA phones, and completes the transition. And now, BlackBerry is calling it a day, as carriers phase out the last of their devices. 'Tis a sad day, indeed.
    bakron1 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-18-21 04:42 AM
    I think the fact that they weren't putting out devices with storage or decent RAM for people that wanted to use the devices for media purposes played a huge role. Recycling processors with little to no RAM just made them poorly suited, and OS 10 was just so poorly received, you could tell they weren't ready for prime time at all. Now, my old carrier will be completely absorbed by next year, as T-Mo phases out all the old Sprint CDMA phones, and completes the transition. And now, BlackBerry is calling it a day, as carriers phase out the last of their devices. 'Tis a sad day, indeed.
    Nextel's "push-to-talk" was one of the first "I'm a business professional" tools. Later BBM was a must have professional tool.... and most everyone in business I knew had it - might have stayed an important business tool if BlackBerry had been willing to share it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-18-21 08:21 AM
    Yeah, and at one point the only plus was having the physical keyboard. Great for some, but not for those that wanted or needed more.

I remember being a Sprinter, but they didn’t have the BlackBerry I wanted. So I bounced.
    BergerKing likes this.
    10-18-21 02:17 PM
    Nextel's "push-to-talk" was one of the first "I'm a business professional" tools. Later BBM was a must have professional tool.... and most everyone in business I knew had it - might have stayed an important business tool if BlackBerry had been willing to share it.
    Jim B tried to pull the same stunt Steve Jobs pulled with iMessage, only BlackBerry had lost the clout to Apple.
    Laura Knotek and BergerKing like this.
    10-18-21 02:20 PM
    Jim wanted to take BBM cross-platform years earlier, but Mike shot him down, because he didn't see how that would help BB sell phones. Myopia is real...
    10-18-21 02:25 PM
    Jim wanted to take BBM cross-platform years earlier, but Mike shot him down, because he didn't see how that would help BB sell phones. Myopia is real...
    Yeah Jim's dream of SMS 2.0.... might have gotten everyone the features of RCS, long ago.

But I suspect carrier and manufactures really wanted standards and not licensing.
    10-18-21 02:34 PM
    Oops that’s right. Got ‘em swapped. Too many CEOs to keep track of.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-18-21 02:57 PM
    One of them (or both) also wanted badly to buy a hockey team, I think.
    10-18-21 06:01 PM
    I think they fell into the apple computer trap, no sharing or cross building and poof you have windows. The road is littered with companies that followed the same road, apple was just smarter with a quick response to markets.
    BergerKing likes this.
    10-18-21 07:21 PM