hey guys im fairly new to the blackberry and to crackberry.com but im not sure im enjoying it.
    ive got used to using the phone but im afraid to say i think im bored with it all ready.
    i think i was expecting so much more and to me its been a bit of an anti climax (maybe im not getting the most out of it?)
    im finding this crackberry site a bit confusing to use especially the forums side of it.
    to be honest i dont have any friends who use Blackberry's so maybe that doesn't help.
    also being in the u.k does that limit the things i can do with my blackberry Bold?
    i thought by opening an account i would get some free stuff but i haven't had anything yet.
    i so want to love owning a Blackberry so if anyone can help i would be great full.
    ps i would like to change my username can anyone tell me how i can do this?
    pps merry christmas and a happy new year to everyone!
    xx
    12-13-08 08:59 PM
    I don't get what your trying to say.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 09:01 PM
    I don't get what your trying to say. And a mod would be the one to change your username I believe.

12-13-08 09:02 PM
    I've been talking for a long time, bb to bb to friends in the UK. It hasn't taken off there like it has here. But this site brings ppl together from all over with the same thing in common. What kind of apps are you running? I'm thinking that you could be doing more with the bb. Start to enjoy it. You'll get used to the set up of the site and start enjoying it soon.
    12-13-08 09:04 PM
    If you're bored with a blackberry already, then there might not be hope! lol

Check out the storm sticky for free OTA apps. I've really enjoyed those.

What other phones were you considering? I can guarantee there is no better phone

12-13-08 09:07 PM
    thank you the only apps i hav r vlingo, google maps and facebook. its a shame it hasn't taken off here in the uk. oh well im sure in time it will get better, ive started to get use to the forums now.
    12-13-08 09:12 PM
    thank you the only apps i hav r vlingo, google maps and facebook. its a shame it hasn't taken off here in the uk. oh well im sure in time it will get better, ive started to get use to the forums now.
    Windows Live is a good link to friends via computer. Vlingo(voice)is fun. Talk to text. You can yell at your phone. There's quite a few that you'll find through everyone here. BB messenger is a great way to meet and talk to ppl from all over the world.
    12-13-08 09:14 PM
    First of all, welcome aboard! Also, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too. I'm glad that you're starting to get the hang of things both BlackBerry and CrackBerry. Give both a chance and it will open a whole new world for you.

12-13-08 09:19 PM
    For apps start here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

This site does seem a bit daunting at first but stay with it, it'll
    take no time to get up to speed.
    12-13-08 09:21 PM
    thanks guys.
    12-13-08 09:44 PM
    How can you say you're bored already if you haven't gotten any apps, games, or themes yet?
    12-14-08 01:31 AM
    How can you say you're bored already if you haven't gotten any apps, games, or themes yet?
    Probably to anyone who has used anything other than a BB, our platform would
    initially seem very staid, old school and well boring. Apps, games themes or not.
    12-14-08 02:01 AM
    And just by joining cb the apps aren't going to come to you. You have to look for them along with themes! Your bb can also make Interesting convos by gettin new ringers and notifications! Then when it goes off for bbm, email, and text simultaneously around the same person they are like what's up with all the noise. Hehe just fun all around!

12-14-08 08:47 AM
    I agree with you. Im from the UK too and find the people here not all that friendly. I got not one reply to my question about using the GPS.
    I recently got my BB as an upgrade but am having trouble understanding a lot of its stuff.

By the way, you said you got google maps on yours, how did you do that?

When I put in my mobile number on the google maps web page, in order to be sent a text message with the download, the web page said 'invalid number'. I tried it with both the 07813 and the +447813 and neither worked.

How did you get the google maps thing on your phone?
    12-14-08 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD