I can't get my Curve 8330 to Sychronize anymore. At this point I can't even configure it since I am starting fresh. I get the unknown error.

At this point I am running 4.7 with OS 4.5.0.131. I have wiped the Calendar and All Calendar using DTM. It recognizes the device and I can back it up. I have resent service books. Here is the log:

Mon Apr 13 16:55:46 2009 -- Intellisync Log File --

16:55:46.875: Create empty table C:\DOCUME~1\a377055\APPLIC~1\RESEAR~1\BLACKB~1\Int ellisync\{10A31DA6-8BF9-4767-9C2E-E4C4F4FF2310}.CFG\TABLES.ITB at .\startup.cpp line 500

16:55:47.062: Empty table file C:\DOCUME~1\a377055\APPLIC~1\RESEAR~1\BLACKB~1\Int ellisync\{10A31DA6-8BF9-4767-9C2E-E4C4F4FF2310}.CFG\TABLES.ITB at .\startup.cpp line 519

16:55:54.687: Create empty table C:\DOCUME~1\a377055\APPLIC~1\RESEAR~1\BLACKB~1\Int ellisync\{6E08A78B-9251-49F3-9AE0-CA9C8AC027BE}.CFG\TABLES.ITB at .\startup.cpp line 500

Mon Apr 13 16:55:58 2009: Error 0x83110005.-2096037883.0 at .\syncconfigmanager.cpp line 1137

Mon Apr 13 16:55:59 2009: Error Failed to load CXLServer1.dll from the product directory..4005 at .\callback.cpp line 3610

Any suggestions? I am out of ideas. This used to work and I did not change anything on the PC other than upgrading from 4.3 to 4.7. I did try going back to 4.3 and that did not work so at the suggestion of RIM I uninstalled everything including registry entries and started fresh with 4.7 w/ media english.

I know enough to be dangerous. Is the CXLSERVER1 file in the right location? where is it supposed to be? Any suggestions appreciated.

Thx
    04-14-09 08:33 AM
    One thing to try is using DM version 4.6, 4.7is known to have issues with some older BBs.
    04-14-09 08:36 AM
    One thing to try is using DM version 4.6, 4.7is known to have issues with some older BBs.

It's a brand new phone. I have had it less than 2 weeks. I am almost ready to bring it back under the 30 day trial. It worked before there has to be a simple fix. If 4.3 didn't work I am not sure 4.6 would be any different but I will try if no one has any other ideas
    04-14-09 08:38 AM
    It's a brand new phone. I have had it less than 2 weeks. I am almost ready to bring it back under the 30 day trial. It worked before there has to be a simple fix. If 4.3 didn't work I am not sure 4.6 would be any different but I will try if no one has any other ideas

That didn't work any other ideas? I wiped service books and all email addresses on the phone. Should I reload the OS or is that pretty drastic for this problem
    04-14-09 12:18 PM
    That didn't work any other ideas? I wiped service books and all email addresses on the phone. Should I reload the OS or is that pretty drastic for this problem
    I'm sorta in the same boat as you, I know JUST enough to be dangerous. Yes wiping and reloading the OS would be the next thing I would try. If you can do backups of the address book you should be ok to reload. You can in DM tell it to JUST backup certain databases, start with the Address book, then try mail, etc Then bite the bullet and do the wipe and reinstall. Instructions should be in the How To section of the Forum. If you can't backup the address book, go to your provider they have a different way of doing it a special machine that directly connects phones. Get the deviced replaced and have them transfer the address book. Sorry you are having so much trouble.
    04-14-09 12:43 PM
    I wiped my phone. Reloaded the OS.... same error. This is crazy. It's got to be my computer at this point but I have no idea what it could be? Is anyone able to tell anything from those log files. I am willing to entertain any ideas at this point. I really don't want the Treo Pro so I want to be able to get this to work again.
    04-15-09 11:47 AM
    Well we do have some real BB experts here, hopefully they can help. CX, Civic, Jeff, Reed, GUYS!!!! Can we help here?
    04-15-09 11:52 AM
    Except after the wipe I got the intellisync error at the main screen on the DTM. Same log messages though. The guy that sits behind me is running a pearl (t-mob) on 4.7 on the same laptop as me and has no problems, anymore that is. Reloading the DTM after cleaning registry etc fixed his intellisync issue. Not me for some reason. I restored everything from the 13th since nothing was working. I haven't reloaded any apps though
    04-15-09 11:54 AM
    Ok it's definitely the PC and reloading desktop manager is not fixing the issue. What am I missing?
    04-15-09 02:01 PM
    For anyone else that runs into a similar problem (I only saw 1 or 2 posts in other forums and it looks like they gave up and went to a different phone)...

Turns out during one of the uninstalls the Intellisync Common Files got removed and were never being reinstalled for whatever reason. A colleague at work didn't think he had these files but it turns out they were in a different location on the PC. So if you get the log error above most likely it is being caused by this. I still think this was caused in someway by the upgrade to 4.7

1) I did a system restore to the earliest point on my computer before all these issues started between the uninstall of the actuall DTM and the uninstall of Roxio.

2) This will cause the system to go into an endless cycle of trying to uninstall Roxio so kill those processes. Go into C:\Program Files\Common Files and you should have an Intellisync folder back in there at this point. Copy that to My Documents and call it something different.

3) Undo the system restore or restore back to a previously stable state. Reinstall DTM or repair and restart your comp and everything.

4) Copy the renamed intellisync folder from My Documents back to C:\Program Files\Common Files and call it "Intellisync"

5) Start DTM, make sure calendar is wiped. Reconfigure the sync and you should be good to go. Also back up where neccesary.

This worked for me. I am now running 4.7 no problems. I did notice that everytime I uninstall DTM or an Oracle product I have it removes that shared common Intellisync folder and does not reinstall it for whatever reason and this creates problems. I can't really see where the DTM app needs it either but it seems to work now so I am not messing with it anymore. An easier way to do all this may be to get the intellisync file from a friend and put it in your common files. I went with the system restore method. Not really a BB issue but this is their software and the code seems buggy.

Of course YMMV.
    04-16-09 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD