Firstly, I'm a newbie here, but not to forums in general. Howdy from Oklahoma!

I have scoured the internet as well as crackberry.com's forums looking for the above subject application. To no avail.

Maybe some of you can point me in the direction, general direction or no direction at all.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.. and.. for you college football fans out there.. GO POKES (OSU)
    10-06-09 07:59 PM
    Never heard of anything like that for BB. I would imagine that might be too intensive for any phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 09:43 PM
    That type of program requires a lot more processing power than any phone has.

Sorry, but I believe you've struck a dry hole.

10-06-09 09:49 PM
    I believe the Android OS because of its ties with Google will have some sort of image recognition soon. I've read this somewhere probably on android central. If someone can trump me and say I'm wrong, I'll back down.
    10-06-09 10:03 PM
    outstanding...

I did, however, found some software solutions. The below listed link looks like it is bigger than I need. I think it falls in the category.. if it is heavy, it is expensive...

your thoughts?

facefirst dot com

EDIT
    I apparently did not read far enough into the above website... I think the application only alerts blackberrys... hmmm
    Last edited by BADGE212; 10-06-09 at 10:41 PM. Reason: More info..
    10-06-09 10:28 PM
    That type of program requires a lot more processing power than any phone has.

Sorry, but I believe you've struck a dry hole.

that would explain why I can not find anything...
    10-06-09 10:30 PM
    There's a service called PolarRose (polarrose.com) that uses a Facebook-style tagging system for humans to ID photos. Then, it attempts to autonomously find similar pictures (based on facial geometry algorithms) and kicks them back to you as suggestions. There's a plugin for Firefox and a Facebook app. It's a bit of an embryonic technology...but it's a start.
    10-13-09 07:59 AM
    There are a few Govt and LE serving companies working on this, specifically for BB's, but nothing close enough yet. Sorry I can't provide more details....I hope you understand. But try looking at company named Info-Cop to be in on this kind of software.
    10-13-09 02:01 PM
    I would assume such a BB app would just take a photo and send it to a server for a more powerful recognition engine - sort of like what the speech-to-text apps do.

10-13-09 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD