So I have a red curve. I was starting to get bored with it, I was feeling really meh about the phone. I still like it, but I was feeling pretty meh. So I got a white housing, and like it a lot, but still sorta blah. Plus the lens had flaws in it and that was driving me nuts. So off I went to CNN.CN because I needed a replacement screw and lens, and thought "what the ****, I'll get a housing" and went with black. Came with the lens installed too, so no effing with glue.

Got it in record time (will definitely deal with them again). Put it on. And promptly loved looking at my phone again.

The black is so sleek and clean, coupled with the black keyboard and buttons on the 8330 and black trackball, its like a new phone.

So if anyone is feeling blah towards it, $60 for a housing can make all the difference. Warranty has been up for a while anyway so what the heck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 07:45 AM
    What... no pictures????

You can't expect to tell us you dressed your Berry up in new clothes an not post pics...
    04-18-09 08:36 AM
    Yeah, lets see this hot new bb.
    04-18-09 08:50 AM
    This thread with no pictures is a waste..
    04-18-09 08:56 AM
    They're coming lol, I'm at work and can't take pics at the moment.
    04-18-09 09:34 AM
    It sounds great, can't wait to see pics.
    04-18-09 09:58 AM
    Npnt. Hehe
    04-18-09 10:06 AM
    Where's the pics?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 02:44 PM
    I've been looking for a couple housings for my 9530. I figure I'll experiement a bit with stripping and repainting them. When I can do what I want, I'll replace the OEM with one of my creations.

Yes I'm bored, need a hobby and lack the garage space to work on a car
    04-18-09 03:03 PM
    04-18-09 07:00 PM
    How hard was it to replace? Cause I've been eyeing this green one!
    04-18-09 07:02 PM
    Not hard at all. Two screws out of the back and a thin edge to release the clips on the sides.

I have a black trackball as well, but was too lazy to swap it for photos lol.
    04-18-09 07:04 PM
    Not hard at all. Two screws out of the back and a thin edge to release the clips on the sides.

I have a black trackball as well, but was too lazy to swap it for photos lol.
    I don't mean to bother you more, but how long did it take? and is it only 3 pieces? (bottom, front, and back) although back is simple.
    04-18-09 07:07 PM
    No that's okay - it takes maybe 5 minutes. There is a Youtube video for changing the housing, this particular housing came with three parts, the front plate, the antenna cover (bottom piece) and the battery cover. It's important to be careful on the tabs on the faceplate and antenna cover but once you get used to it it's easy as pie.

There are tool kits you can get on ebay with the case opening tool as well as the T5 screwdrivers.
    04-18-09 07:10 PM
    That looks SWEET!
    04-18-09 07:45 PM
    That looks really good, good choice!
    04-18-09 07:48 PM
    Changing housings has gotten to be quite the popular thing to do. I like em all murdered out in black. Installing the black trackball will really set yours off. Nice job!
    04-18-09 08:04 PM
    I swap trackballs when bored, I have a blue, new white (clean yay!) and black. Right now I am in original recipe mode so white it is lol.
    04-18-09 08:13 PM
    very nice looking.
    04-18-09 08:17 PM
    where is the black trackball ??
    04-18-09 08:21 PM
    Here's black and a couple of the blue.

04-18-09 08:49 PM
    Here's black and a couple of the blue.
    THEME!!!!!!!
    I NEED IT!
    04-18-09 09:58 PM
    Also, did you need a "Case Opener" to get the front off? Cause in one video, after he unscrews it, he uses this wierd thing so seperate the front.

04-18-09 10:15 PM
    It's alot easier with a case opener. It actually came with my white housing. I didsee you can get them off ebay though.

The theme is the Candy theme from this thread:

For some reason the thread links aren't working...search for user name lordjudass and it's the thread "2 new free themes from lordjudass"

LOVE it.

The wallpaper is from the "share your favorite wallpapers" thread...

pAGE 631

Scroll towards the bottom.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 04-18-09 at 11:41 PM.
    04-18-09 11:32 PM
    It's alot easier with a case opener. It actually came with my white housing. I didsee you can get them off ebay though.

The theme is the Candy theme from this thread:

For some reason the thread links aren't working...search for user name lordjudass and it's the thread "2 new free themes from lordjudass"

LOVE it.

The wallpaper is from the "share your favorite wallpapers" thread...

pAGE 631

Scroll towards the bottom.
    I'll probably have to get one of those than!
    Although I bet my thumbnail would work. I want to try to refrain from payign shipping twice, you know? lol
    04-19-09 08:52 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD