The article you posted essentially says "telegram's crypto is weak because if they provide enough information, it can be cracked."

My friend initially recommended to me that we use Telegram after, ironically, I suggested we use BBM. She eschewed that for its "clunkiness" (her word). I showed this friend (a Navy Cryptanalyst, and very smart person) the article you've shared here and she said it's exactly how it sounds. And true of any crypto algorithm.

So my question is,..."what is the point you're trying to make, Raino?"

*edited to point out that when I initially posted my Telegram recommendation last week, the "100,000 or so users" bit was true, and in fact taken from Telegram's own FAQ. It's apparently gotten exponentially more popular since then!

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    02-25-14 01:36 AM
    The article you posted essentially says "telegram's crypto is weak because if they provide enough information, it can be cracked."

My friend initially recommended to me that we use Telegram after, ironically, I suggested we use BBM. She eschewed that for its "clunkiness" (her word). I showed this friend (a Navy Cryptanalyst, and very smart person) the article you've shared here and she said it's exactly how it sounds. And true of any crypto algorithm.

So my question is,..."what is the point you're trying to make, Raino?"

*edited to point out that when I initially posted my Telegram recommendation last week, the "100,000 or so users" bit was true, and in fact taken from Telegram's own FAQ. It's apparently gotten exponentially more popular since then!

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    Read the whole article and don't take tid bits as quotes and out of context. Telegram isn't what every one makes it out to be, neither is a lot of other claims of secured messaging or anything secured. Telegram is a secured messaging platform within the confines of that contest. It uses elements that have been theoretically broken which in cryptography terms means it's broken.

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    02-25-14 07:32 AM
    Read the whole article and don't take tid bits as quotes and out of context. Telegram isn't what every one makes it out to be, neither is a lot of other claims of secured messaging or anything secured. Telegram is a secured messaging platform within the confines of that contest. It uses elements that have been theoretically broken which in cryptography terms means it's broken.
    Thank you for making my point. I had half suspected it would have been lost on some people.
    byex likes this.
    02-25-14 09:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Okay,...so all I'm saying is that, like Telegram, ANY crypto is "theoretically broken." I guess that what I'm saying is that, like everybody else, I'm not terribly concerned with someone brute-forcing my messages to my girlfriend.

In other words, good enough is good enough.
    02-25-14 01:29 PM
29 12