With the acquisition of Whatsapp, it seems facebook is doing everything to get all your info. Well, now that they are in the process to acquire Whatsapp, they will have your cell phone number too. Well, looks like I will stick to my BBM.
    02-19-14 06:06 PM
    This deal will definitely increase BlackBerry's stock in more ways than one. For private and secure communication, is there a better option than BBM???

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 06:46 PM
    Time to move my friends and family to BBM Channels

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    02-19-14 06:47 PM
    Recommend watching this if you haven't done so already:

02-20-14 12:26 PM
    This deal will definitely increase BlackBerry's stock in more ways than one. For private and secure communication, is there a better option than BBM???

Posted via CB10
    http://techcrunch.com/2013/10/27/mee...ocial-network/
    techvisor likes this.
    02-20-14 01:28 PM
    Facebook already has my phone number because I have two-step verification with the service...so I don't care either way lol.
    southlander likes this.
    02-20-14 03:42 PM
    No there not I DONT USE FACEBOOK OR WHATSAPP NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL.....GOOD JOB TEAM CANADAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    notafanboy likes this.
    02-20-14 04:05 PM
    I just don't understand why certain governments do this kind of thing. Not even sure if they do this because they're too incompetent to handle things the right way or too insecure to care less. Facebook has been nothing but a plague and now they're effing up WhatsApp too.

Posted via CB10 | Z10-1, 10.2.1.537
    02-20-14 04:05 PM
    I've looked at Telegram, and it's actually really impressive. The only reason I haven't tried to jump on it yet though, is my irrational fear of anything computer/Internet related that originates from, or has ties to the .ru suffix.

Note that I said "irrational fear" as I am not against Russian development specifically... Just "cautiously aware" as a result of previous observations.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    02-20-14 04:26 PM
    Facebook already has my phone number...it's in my contact information and it's quite useful to have it there

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 04:39 PM
    No they won't. I don't use and never have used whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 07:05 PM
    Its silly how Crackberry hates on almost all tech companies, even ones that are not direct competitors to BBRY.
    02-20-14 07:10 PM
    What's Facebook ?
    02-20-14 07:23 PM
    Its silly how Crackberry hates on almost all tech companies, even ones that are not direct competitors to BBRY.
    Agreed

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 07:28 PM
    With the acquisition of Whatsapp, it seems facebook is doing everything to get all your info. Well, now that they are in the process to acquire Whatsapp, they will have your cell phone number too. Well, looks like I will stick to my BBM.
    in the end it is gonna happen the samething BB will also share your information to advertisers to monetize BBM...

do you think BBM will be always ad free....be real, it is a business
    02-20-14 11:48 PM
    Same goes with many other forums. Go troll the apple forums, or Android forums see what you find. Android not so bad cause google has bought up a lot of tech companies so not much to hate on.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 12:40 AM
    I've looked at Telegram, and it's actually really impressive. The only reason I haven't tried to jump on it yet though, is my irrational fear of anything computer/Internet related that originates from, or has ties to the .ru suffix.

Note that I said "irrational fear" as I am not against Russian development specifically... Just "cautiously aware" as a result of previous observations.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I really love it. I only have it minimally deployed at the moment as there are only a couple of people I use it with. They only have a hundred-thousand or so users. iMessage is still my main messaging app. But the self-destruction feature is undeniably a cool trick, and the encryption, (I'm told by people who would know far better than me), is the real deal. What I love most about it though, is flawless syncing across an iPhone, iPad, Nexus 7, and even my desktop. (The desktop version is a third-party client, admittedly. Its called "webogram".

I recommend anybody try it out.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    DenverRalphy likes this.
    02-21-14 01:30 AM
    Yep, all the services, including iMessage, that don't decrypt messages as they pass through the central servers...
    02-24-14 02:04 PM
    Not too sure why not wanting to share your mobile no is hate on all tech companies?

To be perfectly honest, I use FB but I don't want FB to have my mobile number and I don't see why I should be forced into that because they bought WhatsApp.
    There is an option to add your mobile number to FB, infact it's annoyingly constantly asking me to add my number, which I clearly do not want to do, which is pretty obvious since I keep choosing not to, that choice should remain mine.

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    Last edited by MiSsY_; 02-28-14 at 04:39 PM.
    02-24-14 03:26 PM
    I myself would never be stupid enough to have a Facebook page. I am thankful that my employees are stupid enough to have one. Imagine a world without stupid people?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 10:09 PM
    Yep, I noticed that as well. I

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    02-24-14 10:20 PM
    I myself would never be stupid enough to have a Facebook page. I am thankful that my employees are stupid enough to have one. Imagine a world without stupid people?
    There's nothing inherently wrong with having a Facebook page, it's all about how you use it and how you secure it.

I don't post personal information on it, I've disabled tagging, set everything to private, am careful about what groups I put my contacts in, etc...

Oh, and they have my phone number for the two-factor authentication. Peace of mind. And Zuckerberg hasn't called me once.
    02-24-14 10:42 PM
    For those saying that it's alright for Facebook to have your phone number... or that they already have your phone number so it's alright... I don't think "having someone's phone number" is an issue. what's an issue is what they do with it. Facebook always had a certain privacy that I liked, sort of like BBM: you need to accept a friendship before allowing someone to see your profile or contact you.

WhatsApp on the other hand is the opposite: as long as someone has your number, they can see your status, last seen, profile picture...

So it all depends on how and if Facebook integrates WhatsApp. Does it mean that whatsapp will go in the direction of Facebook messenger and only friends can contact each other? Or does it mean that anyone that has your number becomes your friends?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 10:58 PM
    Crypto Fails — Telegram's Cryptanalysis Contest

No they won't. I don't use and never have used whatsapp.
    The problem with WhatsApp’s privacy boasts: They’re not true | PandoDaily

Among other things, the investigation found that WhatsApp permanently stores phone numbers of non-users and then fails to properly protect or anonymize the information
    02-24-14 11:00 PM

it�s easy to add new contacts just enter a phone number
    Last edited by stroberi; 02-25-14 at 02:53 AM.
    02-24-14 11:18 PM
29 12