This highly affects me because I only use the mobile web version of Facebook as I don't want to use separate messenger just to read my messages. Many of my friends use Facebook to contact me that's why I can't leave this SNS. I guess I really have no choice but to switch to Android. -_-

Facebook is disabling messaging in its mobile web app to push people to Messenger | TechCrunch

Posted using the Little Beast Q10
    06-03-16 11:58 PM
    Well, it's their bat and ball, so if you want to play the game you play by their rules. You have alternatives. Request the desktop version of the website. Install messenger. Don't use facebook. I am leaning towards option 3. Option 2 sucks on a Q10. But FB has no obligation to make their system do what I want.
    Uzi, TGR1 and Ronindan like this.
    06-04-16 12:16 AM
    Facebook will make you do what zhey want... hey Zuck!

;-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    06-04-16 02:28 AM
    Well, it's their bat and ball, so if you want to play the game you play by their rules. You have alternatives. Request the desktop version of the website. Install messenger. Don't use facebook. I am leaning towards option 3. Option 2 sucks on a Q10. But FB has no obligation to make their system do what I want.
    The desktop option on mobile is gone now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-04-16 08:21 AM
    So glad I permanently deleted my Fakebook account back in January. Good riddance.

Posted from my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    Lacker20 and anon(9742832) like this.
    06-04-16 08:57 AM

Just clear cookies and other data on your browser, go into Development tools and pick Desktop mode, then just go to Facebook.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    06-04-16 08:57 AM
    Facebook is something I just cannot justify using... Haven't used it in over 7years and yet I still am alive and well... Yes, 95% of my friends and family use this data-mining psyops. Yes, I still manage to stay in the 'social loop' despite this. (Group chat SMS easily replaces Facebook) Yes, people still manage to find me and annoy me without being affixed to a social network account... NOPE, no one has suddenly disappeared from my life as a result of not using Facebook. NOPE, I haven't missed out on all the fun or drama or memes or randomness as a result of not using Facebook, I still get all of that and more anyways... NOPE, my job and personal life have not suffered as a result of not using Facebook. If drama or something spectacular goes down on Facebook I am filled in, even if I don't want to be (which is usually the case). Without Facebook, the world still spins, however, without YOU Facebook's world would cease rotation and plummet into the depths of techn0 hell where it so belongs anyways...

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    06-04-16 09:10 AM

No, it's not. Use Chrome. Bring up FB. On the options top right of the CHROME screen (the "three dots" selector) there is a checkbox for request desktop site. Click that and you can use the integral messaging service.
    06-04-16 09:55 AM
    Facebook is something I just cannot justify using... Haven't used it in over 7years and yet I still am alive and well... Yes, 95% of my friends and family use this data-mining psyops. Yes, I still manage to stay in the 'social loop' despite this. (Group chat SMS easily replaces Facebook) Yes, people still manage to find me and annoy me without being affixed to a social network account... NOPE, no one has suddenly disappeared from my life as a result of not using Facebook. NOPE, I haven't missed out on all the fun or drama or memes or randomness as a result of not using Facebook, I still get all of that and more anyways... NOPE, my job and personal life have not suffered as a result of not using Facebook. If drama or something spectacular goes down on Facebook I am filled in, even if I don't want to be (which is usually the case). Without Facebook, the world still spins, however, without YOU Facebook's world would cease rotation and plummet into the depths of techn0 hell where it so belongs anyways...

Posted via CB10
    I really hope that's the case for me, too. Maybe I'll try to deactivate my account for a week and see.

Posted using the Little Beast Q10
    06-04-16 10:38 AM
    This started over a year ago. I've been using it all along and find no issues with it at all and have had a Facebook personal and business account for eight years. Tablets and phones.
    If someone Messages you, a little "head/face" bubble shows on the screen. You click it and chat. You don't have to open Facebook first to get to any messages. It works rather well.
    YMMV.
    Last edited by kellyjdrummer; 06-05-16 at 06:32 PM.
    06-05-16 12:21 PM
    That's a good reason to not use Facebook for anything!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-16 12:59 PM
    Try https://mbasic.facebook.com/ some regions may be restricted tho.
    06-05-16 03:43 PM