Just a thought, I know it's not Facebook but dose anyone else believe the stories out there about RIM's demise are anything but a smear campaign? I can think of a corporation or two that might pay, have the money and influence to get the job done.
    Theses stories come out, "The fat lady has sung" talking endlessly that RIM is done. In RIM's last quarter they reported "record profit", "record revenue" "record units shipped" but analyst and the media want you believe that RIM is dead. Give me a break.
    Remember Just last week Facebook got caught paying money to the media to smear google. You think the same is not happening to RIM think again!!!!
    Last edited by Dapper37; 03-12-13 at 04:17 AM.
    05-18-11 01:26 AM
    Product placement is one thing. I have no trouble with. But when you pay Bloomberg and CNBC among others to place product all over your news broadcasts it starts to stretch the lines a bit. How much influence does Apple actually pay for when they pay to have their product all over the News. Witch is said to be unbiased. One thing I've started to notice with the above mentioned media outlets is that if their is a negative tech story surrounding Say Hacking or Tracking. BB is not the one they should focus on but they show BB's prominently. Then on the other and more usual side, positive stories about Apps and fun stuff to do with social networking and everyday thing's. Theirs Apple and the I phone4 Product being shown off. Just by chance. Not a chance!
    05-18-11 05:12 AM
    I saw a story run tonight on a show called The 7pm Project about cyber crime and cell phones. I'm in Australia, hence the "tonight" and the show you may not know. During the story they showed mainly Apple phones but showed one Blackberry(which I thought weird in a story about security). I think they were just showing phones in this case for the sake of showing phones. And since I've been over here since April 5th I've noticed that the iPhone is super popular, so that's why I think they showed them in the story. It was strange though seeing them run pictures during a story like that.

But back to the OP I don't think Apple would do this since the risk of getting caught is quite real. Like how you noted with Facebook. Unless they were really really sure they could pull it off Apple wouldn't do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 07:49 AM
    No one is forcing R.I.M to not release devices, or release a tablet with no native email/calendar client...
    05-18-11 07:51 AM
    No one is forcing R.I.M to not release devices, or release a tablet with no native email/calendar client...
    Exactly what does this have to do with anything?
    05-18-11 08:15 AM
    Why would facebook pay anyone to write negative articles about R.I.M? R.I.M deserves the criticism they've been receieving lately.

05-18-11 08:21 AM
    The point is, why bother to pay anyone to point out faults in your competition's products when they're so easily visible and real.
    05-18-11 09:17 AM
    I don't think tat the criticism is misplaced, I think it's overly dramatic. The people that write these articles seem to have personal grudges against BlackBerry Devices.

You want proof, look at the difference between Google phones being outed with a security flaw that effects 99% of devices, and RIM being lambasted because several 3rd world nations are unable to monitor the communications sent and received by RIM's devices.

When the latter story dropped, everyone and their Mom had a story screaming that RIM was the problem, and that they were an inherent security risk. The writers took the facts, mangled them, then presented them in a light that showed RIM and BlackBerry as the Villain.

In reality, it was Several 3rd world nations, not well known for their shining records on Human Rights and treatment of their own citizens mind you, that were pissed that RIM's Security was essentially beyond their capability to monitor.

The former of these 2 stories was broken several days ago, and got minimal exposure. No one, and I mean no one outside of a few people are seriously talking about this very issue. This is a serious security risk, that is easily exploited. And Google themselves hasn't even made mention of it, much less a fix for it.

That doesn't bother you?

Dapper37 likes this.
    05-18-11 11:25 AM
    It's not a conspiracy against RIM. I do however, think it's overdone but that should be expected today. I mean for all the good press and praise Apple gets as soon as they do something wrong everyone is ready to jump on them and exaggerate the issue. And I think it's no different here. Many people are over the top both ways. So people are overly optimistic just because they love RIM and others are overly negative because they love another company and wouldn't mind seeing RIM fail. Having said that, whether the criticism is fair or over the top, it still doesn't change the fact that RIM has a lot of work to do. For all the conspiracy theorists, RIM is making it easy for them to be criticized right now. I mean, until they do something that actually makes an impact on the market and put out QNX, they will receive it. There's no conspiracy, just a bunch of dramatic "journalists" and paranoid die hards taking everything to heart.
    05-18-11 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD