I have a sprint Curve 8330, and I have the Facebook application installed. I love getting my notifications on the application, but I HATE getting the emails in my hotmail inbox when I check them online. Yesterday, I had 752 new emails and they were ALL emails regarding Facebook (wall messages, photo comments, etc....)

My question: IS THERE ANY WAY TO HAVE THE FACEBOOK APPLICATION DELIVER YOUR NOTIFICATIONS, AND NOT HAVE ANY FACEBOOK EMAILS DELIVERED TO YOUR PRIVATE EMAIL INBOX????

PLEASE HELP!!

THANK YOU!!!!
    07-01-09 09:57 AM
    you could try setting it up so anything to do with facebook is routed to a different folder on your e-mail, you still get them but they'll be sent to the "Facebook" folder instead of your inbox to keep it a bit cleaner.
    07-01-09 10:16 AM
    That's a pretty good idea. I'd like to eliminate them all together, but this is a good work-around. Thanks!
    07-01-09 11:10 AM
    Ya I would too, but unfortunately the Facebook app bases your notifications on what you have set to e-mail you. I attempted to remove those e-mail notifications, but then the app stops its notifications as well. There should be two diferent settings, but oh well thats how it is for now.
    07-01-09 11:26 AM
    You would think they would have fixed that PAIN IN THE **** with the new Facebook version 1.6
    07-01-09 12:08 PM
    It IS in the app: go to BB->Options, scroll down and uncheck "Leave notifications on email server". I did it yesterday and problem solved

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 01:18 PM
    It IS in the app: go to BB->Options, scroll down and uncheck "Leave notifications on email server". I did it yesterday and problem solved

That's unchecked on my girlfriend's blackberry but when she logs in to her mail account all the facebook emails are still there!
    07-01-09 01:20 PM
    I think that has more to do with when you delete a notification it will leave your e-mail in your account. If its checked it will probably delete the email off you handheld and the email server at the same time.
    07-01-09 01:39 PM
    I just checked my emwil and the notifications I received today (and have not deleted on my BB) are no longer in my email inbox. And I'm using Facebook 1.5, in case that makes a difference.

07-01-09 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD