I recently got my old blackberry broken so my insurance gave me a new one. The new blackberry has been giving me a hard time with receiving the notifications. In order for me to receive them I had to go on the app and check the notifications option rather than getting them on the home menu and receiving them on the message icon list. I used to have this old problem initially when I purchased my old prior blackberry but was fortunately helped with a stranger on cafe. She did something with the advanced options of my phone. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see her again. I tried rebooting my phone and uninstalling and installing the facebook app.

The odd thing about it, even though my old blackberry doesnt have a line it still receives the facebook notifications through the use of the wi-fi option, while my other new blackberry doesn't in any way. Please I need help regarding this matter. Thank you.

I have the blackberry 8530
    10-07-11 03:39 PM
    Sign out of facebook on your old phone and new phone, then only sign in on the new phone. Should work after that, if not then reboot and don't sign in on the old phone again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-11 03:55 PM
    I am having some notification issues as well.

My contact pictures won't update... not meaning to hijack the thread but... I need help too.
    10-07-11 04:40 PM
    Thank you for the advice but I have constantly turned off my old blackberry and the notifications doesn't go through with the new blackberry.

I have signed off the facebook on my old blackberry and rebooted my current blackberry. Nothing changed. I can see people posting on my facebook but not getting them through notifications via messages.
    10-07-11 04:47 PM
    I had the same problem when I had two phones. Now that I think about it, try reinstalling the facebook app on the new phone and that should activate the notifications on the new one.

10-07-11 04:59 PM
    I already did the following instructions and unfortunately there has been no changes.
    10-07-11 05:02 PM
    Crazy, reinstalling the app on the phone should have worked.

10-07-11 05:33 PM
    Do you think there should be any changes on the advanced options on the blackberry it self?
    10-07-11 05:44 PM
    Not sure, I'd just try removing the app on the old phone or make sure you're not signed in and the uninstall on the new phone and install again and just try that again. Other then that make sure the notifications are on in the facebook app. If you just did it sometimes it takes time to start working maybe. I'd definitely say to just take the app off the old phone all together and then just try to uninstall completely and the reinstall app to see if that works a 2nd time.

10-07-11 05:49 PM
    Thank you for giving time about my complication regarding my blackberry. I do hope it works the 2nd time around. I really do appreciate it.
    10-07-11 06:02 PM
    No problem, I hope it starts working again. Even on mine sometimes the notifications are delayed a bit when someone likes or comments.

10-08-11 01:44 AM
    I get the notifications for wall posts, comments, tags, event invites, pokes and pretty much everything except inbox messages. Ever since Facebook changed messages into this catch all chat / messages / sms feature I have to manually go into messages and refresh which is crazy.
    10-08-11 06:47 AM
    Hi, it's me again. I really have tried it 3 times and still the effects are the same. I wonder if there's another way to solve this crazy situation. I've been desperate for 4 days already.
    10-08-11 11:45 PM
    I have completely deleted the facebook app on my old blackberry, reinstalled the facebook app and rebooted my new one and it still got the problem of not receiving the notifications on my main menu or on the messages list.

I hope there's another way to solve this problem.
    10-08-11 11:47 PM
    I assume you've checked the options to ensure that push notifications are enabled? Try unchecking them, save your options, then go back in re-check them and save the options.

The Facebook app has never been 100% reliable, probably due to the fact Facebook change their end so many times but this version other than the fact I don't get the messages notified to me has been the most reliable for all other notifications.
    10-09-11 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD