Mark Zuckerberg posted on his fb status that fb has acquired Instagram. Does this mean we'll see it for bb?
    phonejunky likes this.
    04-09-12 12:34 PM
    Yeah, most likely will be hitting all platforms now.
    04-09-12 12:49 PM
    Mark Zuckerberg posted on his fb status that fb has acquired Instagram. Does this mean we'll see it for bb?
    I'd say it helps the odds more than it hurts them, let's put it that way.
    04-09-12 12:52 PM
    With Facebook spending so much money, I bet they are going to try to maximize their user potential. I wouldn't be suprised if an Instagram app for BlackBerry is currently in the works.
    Last edited by brucep1; 04-09-12 at 01:17 PM.
    04-09-12 12:53 PM
    it was for 1 billion! i read it on mobilesyrup.com
    04-09-12 12:55 PM
    Facebook loves seeing other platforms and loads of people using their service so the odds of BB and WP getting it is likely.
    How much it was brought for isnt clear does anyone know what it is?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Crackberry forums application
    04-09-12 01:00 PM
    Wow this is not what I wanted to see happen.
    04-09-12 01:13 PM
    We'll see.... hopefully yes, there will be an Instagram app for BlackBerry.
    04-09-12 01:16 PM
    I think Facebook grossly over paid. I'd be curious to see how they valued Instagram at 1 Billion.

Kudos to the Instagram team. All 6 of them just became very rich.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    04-09-12 01:33 PM
    Dunno about phones, but I know on the Playbook, the FB app is far behind other platforms (to the point where the web app is better than the native app). So I wouldn't bet on this leading to Instagram coming to BB devices. But maybe that's just me being pessimistic.
    addicted44 likes this.
    04-09-12 01:38 PM
    I doubt it'll make any difference. If a BB app was in development I imagine it'll continue, if not this won't change that.

I don't foresee and major app releases until BB10 launches.
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    04-09-12 02:01 PM
    I've never heard of instagram before today.
    04-09-12 02:37 PM
    I dont really "get" Instagram. Is it the filters? Is it the filesharing?
    I must be socially inept

In any case, do people really want Facebook to own ALL their photos now?

Maybe there's an opportunity for the next "Instagram" now for folks that dont like Facebook? BB developers, here's your opportunity!
    04-09-12 03:04 PM
    think picture twitter. plus fb bought not just the concept, but the userbase. is that worth 1b? let's see what they do with it
    04-09-12 03:11 PM
    Great news for the developers, but I don't see how Facebook will profit from this huge investment. Instagram is a free app with no ads or anything of the sort. Until now, the developers haven't made any profit from it.
    04-09-12 03:15 PM
    Great news for the developers, but I don't see how Facebook will profit from this huge investment. Instagram is a free app with no ads or anything of the sort. Until now, the developers haven't made any profit from it.
    They won't profit. They merely removed one of their largest social photo sharing competitors.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    bahandi likes this.
    04-09-12 03:27 PM
    As long as they try and support blackberry devices I don't care if they purchased safeway too. Bring support to BB
    04-09-12 04:27 PM
    They won't profit. They merely removed one of their largest social photo sharing competitors.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    I would almost agree with that if not for the dollar amount they threw at the purchase. Instagram is a small operation despite its popularity. For $1 Billion, they fully intend to do something with it.

04-09-12 04:32 PM
    Ya I can see the chances of a blackberry app going up now that facebook owns them.
    04-09-12 04:33 PM
    Dunno about phones, but I know on the Playbook, the FB app is far behind other platforms (to the point where the web app is better than the native app). So I wouldn't bet on this leading to Instagram coming to BB devices. But maybe that's just me being pessimistic.
    pretty sure the playbook FB app was written by RIM not Facebook devs
    04-09-12 04:51 PM
    Facebook acquires Instagram in $1 billion deal
    just found this qith a quick google search. a little more info on the buy
    Last edited by JAGWIRE; 04-09-12 at 05:07 PM.
    04-09-12 05:05 PM
    Yeah, most likely will be hitting all platforms now.
    How so? Facebook didn't even bother to write its own BlackBerry or PlayBook app - RIM did. Same case with Windows Phone.

I don't think this means anything for BlackBerry unless Instagram becomes open-sourced (like Twitter) where anyone can create their own app.
    04-09-12 05:37 PM
    I honestly don't want to see blackberry pics on instagram lol. At least Apple and some Droid phones have high end camera's

04-09-12 05:50 PM
    I think Facebook grossly over paid. I'd be curious to see how they valued Instagram at 1 Billion.

Kudos to the Instagram team. All 6 of them just became very rich.

I agree, it shows you don't even need a business model, nor a profitable company to be worth a crapload

BUT what this does for facebook if they make Instgram integrated into the facebook picture upload it will make more people upload pictures,

I am SURE instragrams success saw a reduction in picture posting, and a risk to facebook ad revenue, as instagram could start looking for ad revenue tied to pictures, with Android added, they effectively doubled their potential market, and that could mean some real challenge to the facebook model, a instragram/twitter combination really is a nice clean competition to the very messy facebook.
    04-09-12 06:24 PM
    I agree, it shows you don't even need a business model, nor a profitable company to be worth a crapload

BUT what this does for facebook if they make Instgram integrated into the facebook picture upload it will make more people upload pictures,

I am SURE instragrams success saw a reduction in picture posting, and a risk to facebook ad revenue, as instagram could start looking for ad revenue tied to pictures, with Android added, they effectively doubled their potential market, and that could mean some real challenge to the facebook model, a instragram/twitter combination really is a nice clean competition to the very messy facebook.
    Yeah I can understand that. But I don't know that it's really conceivable that you could assess a $1Billion tag on it. I understand why they'd want to grab it... just not sold on the price.
    04-09-12 06:54 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD