I am sure everyone here is experiencing trouble with the BlackBerry Facebook as I was. I deleted and was about to reload until I read the reviews. That is when I saw I was not the only one with a problem. People are furious and a good many are taking aim at BlackBerry and threatening to never own another BlackBerry device. This may seem like a small inconvenience to some, but it these little things that BlackBerry must nip in the bud asap. I solved the problem by going to Amazon but this should not be happening. What is the future of our beloved BlackBerry when problems she as this exist and FB looks upon BlackBerry as an annoyance instead of a valued client?

Posted via CB10
    rwbmcr likes this.
    08-21-15 10:17 AM
    I am sure everyone here is experiencing trouble with the BlackBerry Facebook as I was. I deleted and was about to reload until I read the reviews. That is when I saw I was not the only one with a problem. People are furious and a good many are taking aim at BlackBerry and threatening to never own another BlackBerry device. This may seem like a small inconvenience to some, but it these little things that BlackBerry must nip in the bud asap. I solved the problem by going to Amazon but this should not be happening. What is the future of our beloved BlackBerry when problems she as this exist and FB looks upon BlackBerry as an annoyance instead of a valued client?

Posted via CB10
    A Facebook app that get regular updates directly from Facebook is soon on the way.....

You'll just have to buy a new Android BlackBerry.

Pretty sure that BB10 is now the PlayBook OS....
    JohnGrey, LazyEvul and theGUNNER like this.
    08-21-15 10:25 AM
    I used to have huge problems with the app but it's been pretty good after a string of updates a few months ago.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 10:46 AM
    Most posts complaints are in the last few days in the reviews.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 10:51 AM
    A Facebook app that get regular updates directly from Facebook is soon on the way.....

You'll just have to buy a new Android BlackBerry.

Pretty sure that BB10 is now the PlayBook OS....
    An android BlackBerry? Is the BlackBerry OS still available in phones?

I hate android, I have a Droid tablet that was a gift, no way I'd want it on a phone.

My BlackBerry FB is being a grump, so I just log in via the browser.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WillieB72; 08-21-15 at 02:27 PM.
    08-21-15 10:55 AM
    Most posts complaints are in the last few days in the reviews.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. The FB app has always been a bit lacking in features, but just lately the news feed is broken.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 10:57 AM
    Worst app. I am now adjusted to using FB through the browser.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    08-21-15 01:09 PM
    The BlackBerry Facebook app is so bad I also just have a browser link on my homepage so I can access many functions that aren't available on the BlackBerry Facebook app.

My bitchin' BlackBerry Z30
    KemKev likes this.
    08-21-15 07:44 PM
    Really? I thought it was the overwhelming lack of consumer and developer interest that's hurting BB. In all seriousness, the Facebook app is the least of the company's worries at the moment.
    gfondeur and KemKev like this.
    08-21-15 07:52 PM
    What facebook app from amazon did you use? I've looked before and did not find anything worth a crap.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 08:53 PM
    An android BlackBerry? Is the BlackBerry OS still available in phones?

I hate android, I have a Droid tablet that was a gift, no way I'd want it on a phone.

My BlackBerry FB is being a grump, so I just log in via the browser.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    Congrats. That's great. I'd prefer a functioning app.
    08-21-15 09:27 PM
    BB has no reason why they can't get this app right, it has been out for many years.
    08-21-15 09:44 PM
    I prefer to use the Web browser than the app, it just suck, I'm also thinking on other platform

Posted via Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    08-21-15 10:23 PM
    Everyone says "use the mobile site" but without hub integration you still need the app if you want alerts and messaging.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 12:00 AM
    Everyone says "use the mobile site" but without hub integration you still need the app if you want alerts and messaging.

Posted via CB10
    That's why you don't delete it. Use it for notifications and use the mobile site for all other uses.

Same goes for the linkedin app.

You can purchase the Shortcuts creator app to make a few mobile apps shortcuts, just like the youtube app.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 03:03 AM
    The BlackBerry Facebook app is so bad I also just have a browser link on my homepage so I can access many functions that aren't available on the BlackBerry Facebook app.
    This ^^^
    rwbmcr likes this.
    08-22-15 03:18 AM
    Worst app. I am now adjusted to using FB through the browser.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Me also

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 03:39 AM
    I have installed it and deleted it 3 times now, Facebook account uses way to much battery power. I am using the browser version now, saves me hours of battery usage. Unfortunately the Facebook account didn't delete itself from the hub. It is sitting there without an icon and without any messages.
    08-22-15 03:47 AM
    I cannot get posts to open from the hub and a slew of other issues like not receiving notifications. I have never had any luck with the app on BB10. Its a waste of time. Just use the mobile browser.

My really kickazz Z30
    08-22-15 03:56 AM
    As I have stated several times on these forums, they need to fix the major social apps and make sure they are on par with what the competition has.

Social apps such as Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Intsagram are how folks communicate in today's world and using the browser is not an option.

I would rather see Blackberry go the route of being Android based so these important apps are maintained in a timely matter then hear the complaints of frustrated users.

This is 2015 and not 2006, complacency is what got them into trouble in the first place. Even in the enterprise and corporate world social apps are being used, so they have to function properly, just my two cents.
    Skidoo583, RH1Pearl and rwbmcr like this.
    08-22-15 04:03 AM
    The looks of my hub, thanks to Facebook

Facebook on BlackBerry is hurting BB-img_20150822_104808.png
    08-22-15 04:58 AM
    To be fair, if Facebook won't make an app and won't give them access to their API, what more can they do. Luckily the mobile app works great, uses very little battery and is smoother than even the Android app.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 01:54 PM
    The looks of my hub, thanks to Facebook

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150822_104808.png 
Views:	319 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	367909
    Whoah. Check your accounts. See if you have multiple versions there. Otherwise try to reinstall. If it still does not work, yikes.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 01:56 PM
    the accounts have been removed the right way, no account in the account settings. i am not going to install facebook for the fourth time, just to be stuck with a fourth empty facebook account in my hub.

no i will wait for a new os version and hope that the database will be freshly indexed and will be freed from the facebook residue.
    08-22-15 03:22 PM
    To be fair, if Facebook won't make an app and won't give them access to their API, what more can they do.
    Facebook is one of the few major social media apps (Twitter is another) that has a public API, so in this case, BB has no excuse.
    08-22-15 03:23 PM
30 12