I am having a problem with updating the contact photos in my blackberry contact list. Facebook 1.5 is set to update the contact photos automatically, however I have had friends change their photos and they have not updated in my contacts. Also, some of my contacts have no pictures at all (even though they have a profile pic on facebook).

I have tried to "refresh blackberry contact" but this does not work in updating the photo for blackberry contacts.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thank you so much in advance
    04-23-09 06:46 PM
    I am having the same problem...anyone know of a fix??

FWIW, you can go into your facebook friends list and pick the friend, and then select 'refresh blackberry contact'. I can't seem to find a way to do it for all of my friends/contatcs...does anyone know? Or do I have to go in and individually refresh each one??

Any input?? Anyone? Bueller?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 06:12 PM
    this is just unacceptable because i have the official fb 1.5 running and it does the same thing. also the contacts dont really sync with numbers for example, if i add a fb contact to bb conact when fb friend updates his fb with a cell number then it does not automatically update my bb contacts

Same thing here. Or if you create a new contact for someone that wasn't in your contacts it only copies cell phone number and facebook name. The latest I think will add a picture, the first wouldn't unless there already was a picture. It has never copied address data from Facebook though.

04-29-09 04:23 AM
    They just posted an update to 1.5 that fixed some errors here and there. It might help resolve that issue also.
    04-29-09 11:41 AM
    same issues, doenst update the contact photo without manually refreshing bb contact and if i sync a facebook friend that had a phone number posted on facebook, it doesnt sync that info to bb just their picture and it adds their birthday to calander but no the phone number
    04-29-09 01:32 PM
    same issues, doenst update the contact photo without manually refreshing bb contact and if i sync a facebook friend that had a phone number posted on facebook, it doesnt sync that info to bb just their picture and it adds their birthday to calander but no the phone number
    Same issue here. Any ideas?
    06-05-09 09:35 PM
    Running 1.6 now, and still having the same issue... You'd think they'd fix it already

06-08-09 11:50 PM
    I do find this really annoying as well. Do you have to leave the facebook app running all the time or is it suppose to sync in the background?
    07-13-09 02:39 PM
    I had this problem as well. Well to be honest I may still have it, i dunno But I fixed two of my contacts with the method described below:
    Opened Facebook app, went to my friends list selected the friend whom did not have a pic on my contacts but did have a pic on FB. Clicked Menu, scrolled to "connect to blackberry contact" and selected it.
    A message popped up saying my friend is not connected would I like to choose a contact from my address book; obvioulsy select yes, scroll down till you reach the contact and select him/her.

And that did it for me, pics were updated and all contact info was updated.

btw Im running BBM 5.0 and facebook 1.6
    07-17-09 11:19 PM
    i have a problem with FB1.6 where the only option I can enable is the messaging option. The other 2 are disabled. I ended up going back to FB1.5 since it works fine.

I'm running BBM5.0 as well but I know other people using BBM5.0 and their FB1.6 works just fine. It seems to be my phone only. I reinstalled to no avail.

ideas?
    07-27-09 07:22 AM
    I'm having same issue's described here as well.

08-05-09 09:17 PM
    I had this problem as well. Well to be honest I may still have it, i dunno But I fixed two of my contacts with the method described below:
    Opened Facebook app, went to my friends list selected the friend whom did not have a pic on my contacts but did have a pic on FB. Clicked Menu, scrolled to "connect to blackberry contact" and selected it.
    A message popped up saying my friend is not connected would I like to choose a contact from my address book; obvioulsy select yes, scroll down till you reach the contact and select him/her.

And that did it for me, pics were updated and all contact info was updated.

btw Im running BBM 5.0 and facebook 1.6
    This worked! Thank you!
    09-03-09 03:58 PM
    I'm having a problem with FB 1.6. It will not let me upload any pics from my phone. It always sends me an error message. But my wife has the same phone and OS (9530 running Lyr's 6v10) and it works fine. So it must be some setting i guess but i've been trying to figure it out for a week now but nada. Please help.
    Thanks
    09-03-09 04:47 PM
    i have 1.6... cant wait for the new one cuz 1.6 sucks monkey balls
    09-03-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD