So...I got a Curve on Friday and stopped by a dealer location yesterday afternoon to pick up a skin. On the counter was a display and brochures for EZProtect, a company offering insurance for phones. Early yesterday morning, I'd signed up online for my carrier's insurance for my Curve, but couldn't help but notice that this company was offering insurance at a lower rate and even offered an option for 'liquid damage' (lol). I asked the rep about the company and he said that in addition to the lower rate, he thought that customers who had this company's insurance were more likely to get a new phone after filing a claim as opposed to a refurb and could make up to 2 claims a year. He said he'd had good experiences with this company in contrast to their own insurance co.

This all sounded pretty good to me and I'm seriously considering canceling the insurance associated with my carrier in favor of this company's, but I wanted to do a little more research first. Has anyone heard of EZProtect, have a policy with them, or made a claim? If so, how'd it go?
    01-06-08 12:53 AM
    just see what the deductabul is that might be how they get you
    01-07-08 07:23 AM
    I know this message is coming to you late, but hopefully others will see it if they are inquiring about EZ Protect insurance. I am actually an ATT store manager who sells EZ Protect. We just started selling this insurance program and already we've had about 2 or 3 customers who needed to process claims in the past couple weeks who have had a huge problem with EZ protect. I personally was on the phone with the EZ protect rep and they are not helpful and very rude. They took one of my customers phones and sent him a defective refurbished phone (they are supposed to send brand new in the box with all the accesories) The customer called and complained and they said to send that one in so they can replace it so he did, he never got a replacement and when he called them back they said that wasnt the phone we sent you and we will not send you another. They charged him the 135.00 detuctable and are in possetion of both phones. We recieved a company email earlier today from an Area manager stating not to sell their service anymore becuase they are a fradulent company. So i would like to just let everyone know not to purchase their insurance service.
    07-08-08 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD