I've been a BlackBerry user for years.

When the Jesus Phone came out, I switched to AT&T and tried it out. After 6 months of not getting email and terrible telephone service, I switched back to Verizon and got a Storm (because I didn't want an 8830 or the Curve at the time).

At first, when returning to Verizon, I was just happy to get my email back (since the iPhone didn't retrieve email unless I told it to). After over a year with my Storm, I really, really really dislike it. Aside from checking my email, I find myself avoiding using it at all costs because of the deplorable overall user experience. I don't even want to respond to messages on it because of the frustrating and time consuming typing experience. Wait a minute, a BlackBerry that I hate typing on? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?

I have been b�tching to my wife for a few months about my phone and how extremely crappy it is. I hate muting a call when I use my shoulder to hold the phone, not being able to type because the damned thing lags, the screen being DEAD after pulling it off the holster, the phone not working - at all... AND THE LIST GOES ON of things to despise about the Storm...

Now the 5.0 software is out. After downloading, installing, and using it for a few days now, I am absolutely appalled with RIM and their lack of respect for their customers.

This is the way the original Storm SHOULD have been.

There is no excuse for the disdain with which RIM has treated its customers. It is undoubtedly SHAMEFUL to have released the original Storm in the condition RIM released it.

The user experience is no doubt better than it was before. In fact, it is quite tolerable. Almost enjoyable, if not for the FACT that RIM shafted every single customer who owned a Storm from day 1, including me.

So, RIM, just wanted to let you know I will be buying an Android phone when my contract runs out. After many years of livable service, I feel slighted by your disdainful, disgusting mistreatment, and I will pass my experience along to every single person I know.

I'm going to write a letter of special magnificence to RIM and discuss my idea of accountability to the stockholders and customers alike.

I sold all my RIMM stock today. Sickening.
    10-28-09 01:00 AM
    Why are you letting "RIM" know on this forum... Even if they read it, the general discussion forum would probably be the worst place...

Also seems kinda odd that you got "disgusted" after the 5.0 release, and not prior to it.... And you sold your stock when their stock is low right now just to prove a point to nobody?
    10-28-09 01:05 AM
    Yep. RIM hates people. And puppies.
    10-28-09 01:20 AM
    He's right take it to the RIM forum. And I've been sayin the storm was the worst blackberry because of touch responsiveness

You now have 3 choices

1.Get a better blackberry (storm2/tour)

2.Get another phone (droid is goin to be released but I wouldn't pick an andoid phone over blackberry)

3. Suck it up & deal with it
    10-28-09 01:23 AM
    And dolphins. I heard they opened a "tuna" factory next door just for that reason.
    10-28-09 01:23 AM
    I know i've let you down my child, i do understand your anger and pain. I dont hold a grudge against you, my beloved future android user. Live in peace, i love you <3
    10-28-09 01:25 AM
    Not to mention blackberry is the dullest most boring phone I have ever used so much taht I have to download tons of apps to make up for its lackluster bland dullness. And please understand this is very important to me. Yet still, I have fallen in love with my Curve. Best reception I ever got and the emails come in at lightning speed. :-)
    10-28-09 01:32 AM
    And dolphins. I heard they opened a "tuna" factory next door just for that reason.
    Mmmmm....sushi!
    10-28-09 01:37 AM
    That's silly. Now that RiM finally perfected their first touch-screen device, you're appalled and you're going to leave the phone? That's like being in a car accident and the body shop can't get it fixed right. And once the car is finally fixed perfectly, you decide to go get another car because your first car wasn't easily fixed.

Selling their stock when they're dishing out new devices? Storm2, Essex, Bold 9700, etc are all anticipated. Sure, it's one thing to make a sacrifice to prove your point, but hurting yourself while not hurting anyone else is pointless.

Besides, it's your fault you prefer touch-screen phones. I used to have one, and having a virtual keyboard sucks. It's never accurate, and the keyboard has to cover most of the screen. I like being able to view the entire screen on my blackberry while typing.
    10-28-09 01:44 AM
    So your main complaint is that they released a phone that you didn't like? Never heard of an exchange policy? YOU choose the touch screen phone. YOU stuck with it when YOU should have returned at even the first hint of dissatisfaction.

We all know the Storm sucked off the bat and maybe they should have put more R&D into the os before releasing it. But the bottom line is that they made it better, right? They, for the most part, fixed the problem. And your reaction is disgust? Well, would it have been better if they did nothing at all? Would that appease you?

I think RIM did took the right course of action. They took care of the problem.
    10-28-09 02:17 AM
    I feel him. I've been saying that for quite a while. It's sad that companies these days release their products not being 100% solid and we buy continue to buy them; release after release without holding the company to the highest standard. We need to stop flocking the the stores until these companies can ensure to their customer base (us) that their products are 100% from jump-street. Could you imagine your flat-screen, microwave, fridge or car having the issues that we go thru with RIM products. Yes we all should write (not email) letters to RIM of about our displeasure of their hardware (the last 5 years) and their buggy software. If we keep buying it, why should they give us better? And hey, I love my blackberry but they owe us a lot more then what they have been giving us.
    10-28-09 02:29 AM
    When flat-screens were new tech, they were buggy and unreliable. They have since matured.

When microwaves were new tech, they were buggy and unreliable. They have since matured.

When refrigerators were new tech, they were buggy and unreliable. They have since matured.

When cars were new tech, they were buggy and unreliable. They have since matured.

Touch screens are still new tech and must mature. The sad thing is, as soon as something using computer technology matures, it's viewed as outdated and people want something new.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 02:40 AM
    How dare they! Continuing to improve their own products! Making the user experience better for S1 owners! Who do they think they are!?
    10-28-09 03:04 AM
    The problem is that you are expecting iPhone quality(touch screen wise) from a phone that is playing catch up.

You wanted a phone that will get your emails without having to instruct it at every step, then dismiss the phone because you can't type on it? Really guy, c-mon.

You had AT LEAST 15 days to make sure you liked it, yet you liked it enough to keep it past the buyers remorse period. Then you sell your stock and come here to whine about the phone? It sounds to me like all your problems with rim are self induced.

Face it, you bought and stuck with a phone you don't like, and now are pissed that verizon won't let you out of your contract without paying an etf. Its your own fault you got a phone you didn't like and stayed with it, not rim's.

10-28-09 03:06 AM
    I got the storm and returned it after 3 weeks and got the 8330 curve. I knew I couldn't see myself using that phone with all its annoyances for a year or two. You should have done the same. Its like a bad girlfriend. End it early if you know its not going to work.

10-28-09 03:26 AM
    While I agree with most here that your disgust with RIM seems to be self-induced, I am a bit perplexed that with the Storm being notoriously dubbed a failure that it's even still on the market. If I were to take a uneducated guess I would say that with some many of the devices being sold calling for a massive recall would have undoubtedly hurt the companies and investors involved with the Storm. There thousands of people flocking to the stores the day it was launched. This is another thing I don't understand, what's the big deal with being one of thousands of people who bought the device the day it was launched? Is it only to say, "I was one of the first in my community to get it"? In any case, many like myself would like to thank all you who did wait in line over night to buy this device and later voiced your displeasure over the many issues it has. It helped keep us from wasting our money and peace.

Lets face it profits to any company = success. It's only fair to point out that RIM did not abandon the product just because you say they did, it's obvious they did not. Most would agree it is a piece of junk. I guess they're gaining more customers from the sell of it than losing or else they would have probably pulled it from their stock.

You did mention in your rant that you would be writing RIM a letter and I would have to agree that this is your best course of action. I would suggest that you keep it on a professional level as no one likes to willing read something ripping them a new one. You would garner a better response if you keep it professional. Also the next time you have a problem and want to sell the stock you own contact me first, I may be interested in buying it.

This is true. I saw a RIM tech walking to work and he stomped a puppy to death after bullying some 10 y.o. for his lunch money. To add insult to injury he made the kid sign a 2 year contract for a Storm.

I know i've let you down my child, i do understand your anger and pain. I dont hold a grudge against you, my beloved future android user. Live in peace, i love you <3
    Umm...the only thing that's funny about this comment is that someone actually took the time to create another account to make a "joke" that wasn't funny at all.

You had AT LEAST 15 days to make sure you liked it, yet you liked it enough to keep it past the buyers remorse period. Then you sell your stock and come here to whine about the phone? It sounds to me like all your problems with rim are self induced.

Face it, you bought and stuck with a phone you don't like, and now are pissed that verizon won't let you out of your contract without paying an etf. Its your own fault you got a phone you didn't like and stayed with it, not rim's.
    It's actually 30 days with Verizon, not 15. Still a very good point though.

I got the storm and returned it after 3 weeks and got the 8330 curve. I knew I couldn't see myself using that phone with all its annoyances for a year or two. You should have done the same. Its like a bad girlfriend. End it early if you know its not going to work.

You know, I never looked at it this way before. This is what I call real motivation though. The next I don't have a "connection" with something I buy I'll be sure to take it back to the store and have a talk with the rep to let them down easily. An added plus to this is at least a device can't stalk you.
    10-28-09 05:53 AM

Agree. I returned the Tour after 2.5 weeks and went back to my trusty 8330.
    10-28-09 06:39 AM
    I feel him. I've been saying that for quite a while. It's sad that companies these days release their products not being 100% solid and we buy continue to buy them; release after release without holding the company to the highest standard.
    Microsoft does it with every OS release, because they know we'll pony-up.

10-28-09 06:57 AM
    I've been a BlackBerry user for years.

When the Jesus Phone came out, I switched to AT&T and tried it out. After 6 months of not getting email and terrible telephone service, I switched back to Verizon and got a Storm (because I didn't want an 8830 or the Curve at the time).

At first, when returning to Verizon, I was just happy to get my email back (since the iPhone<~~Should have been a BOLD, I stopped reading after that,,!!! didn't retrieve email unless I told it to). After over a year with my Storm, I really, really really dislike it. Aside from checking my email, I find myself avoiding using it at all costs because of the deplorable overall user experience. I don't even want to respond to messages on it because of the frustrating and time consuming typing experience. Wait a minute, a BlackBerry that I hate typing on? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?<<~~Another reason it sould have been a BOLD,,!!! So, I lied.

I have been b�tching to my wife for a few months about my phone and how extremely crappy it is. I hate muting a call when I use my shoulder to hold the phone, not being able to type because the damned thing lags, the screen being DEAD after pulling it off the holster, the phone not working - at all... AND THE LIST GOES ON of things to despise about the Storm...

Now the 5.0 software is out. After downloading, installing, and using it for a few days now, I am absolutely appalled with RIM and their lack of respect for their customers.

This is the way the original Storm SHOULD have been.

There is no excuse for the disdain with which RIM<<~~RIM or Verizon,,??? has treated its customers. It is undoubtedly SHAMEFUL to have released the original Storm in the condition RIM released it.

The user experience is no doubt better than it was before. In fact, it is quite tolerable. Almost enjoyable, if not for the FACT that RIM shafted every single customer who owned a Storm from day 1, including me.

So, RIM, just wanted to let you know I will be buying an Android phone when my contract runs out. After many years of livable service, I feel slighted by your disdainful, disgusting mistreatment, and I will pass my experience along to every single person I know.

I'm going to write a letter of special magnificence to RIM and discuss my idea of accountability to the stockholders and customers alike.

I sold all my RIMM stock today. Sickening.
    An iPhone????????? They have this new thing now, its called trying the phone out in the store before you buy it.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 10-28-09 at 07:12 AM.
    10-28-09 07:07 AM
    being a new storm owner (and fearer for a long time!) i can see where people are coming from with complaints. we all have them. with every phone we've ever had and probably will EVER HAVE. what do people not understand about that? i get that it's frustrating. i get that these are forums and are here to be able to speak your mind. but it's getting a little old hearing about nothing but whining about a phone that isn't truly that bad.

Now maybe it's because i actually WAITED to get this phone until it was past the really bad stages, watched to forums carefully so i knew which os to load and did my homework. I have a rule about not getting first gen things, unless waiting until they've been out for a while.

with that being said, yeah, there's times i get upset with the phone. doesn't switch to landscape or vice versa right when i want it to, or does it when i don't want it to. lags for a a few seconds, but what phone doesnt? rim went a took a leap by making this phone. more than apple did with a touch screen phone. there's been touch screens before, but none that had the click. love it or hate it, but it was a BIG deal and pretty revolutionary.

don't get me wrong, i understand where you're coming from being upset. and i think blackberry users get a little more upset than other phone users. we put so much into our phones, love them so much, and become addicted. once you become a true blackberry user, most become very loyal and will battle anyone about other phones, especially when it comes to one that threaten blackberry. ieapple, and other smartphone makers, regardless of how good they are or are not.
    someone switching from blackberry to something else, talking bad about blackberrys or talking about switching has the ability to flip quite a few blackberry users into flaming pissy trolls. it's a tough world and RIM/Verizon/etc etc. has done us so well and so bad at the same time it makes it a tough road.

with the new os' and new phone(s) coming out i think it'll just keep getting better.

i do agree on a level that RIM should probably slow down a little, work a little harder on the os' and things like that but they are a business no matter how much we look at them as something different than that because of our love. maybe WE also need to slow down a little and take a step back to look at what we're doing. how we're acting. if you're truly unhappy, leave or do something about it. not run to an online forum and complain, troll, or say what you can to get a rise out of everyone.

as far as RIM not caring about their customers, i think you're all wrong. they know that if they really stop caring about what they want, they'd flownder. granted not all their sales are the loyal customers of crackberry, but it would make an impact enough to notice. they're smarter than that. i think everyone is just starting to get OVERLY sensative. espcially storm owners. they have a right to be. they were so excited about this phone and it was less than par. but every phone has it's issue. (i don't think EVERYONE is like this, i just think that yes what they're doing isn't always great, but remember again, they're a business. they're obviously doing something right and keeping customers, wouldn't you say?)

the bigger a company gets. the higher the demand. the higher the demand the less time and ability they have to test everything very indepthly. moreso they are just trying to meet the high demand to make their customers happy and fix things the best they can that wasn't fixed before release. as quickly as possible.

so again, take a step back and see if you're being irrational. if you don't think you are, there's the door i'm sure you'll be missed by someone.
    Last edited by sunshower.beauty; 10-28-09 at 07:18 AM.
    10-28-09 07:10 AM
    Thanks very much for that thoughtful post, Sunshower! I don't normally get involved in threads that contain hostility, but I wanted to compliment you just the same. We are in an angry world, especially in the West, and we sometimes need to stand back for a little and take a breath.

Corrie Ten Boom said that she learned to grasp the things of this world very lightly so that it didn't hurt so much after they were ripped out of her hands. Whether it be a job, a family member or a blackberry's ideal performance, what we care for has a tendency to go away in way or another. The question is how will we respond?

Sorry, didn't mean to preach. Just wanted to say thanks. I'll shut up now.
    10-28-09 07:33 AM
    To OP,
    It's common knowledge that first generation products are really public beta projects. Why didn't you have the foresight to wait or even adopt a tested phone?
    10-28-09 07:38 AM
    Thanks very much for that thoughtful post, Sunshower! I don't normally get involved in threads that contain hostility, but I wanted to compliment you just the same. We are in an angry world, especially in the West, and we sometimes need to stand back for a little and take a breath.

Corrie Ten Boom said that she learned to grasp the things of this world very lightly so that it didn't hurt so much after they were ripped out of her hands. Whether it be a job, a family member or a blackberry's ideal performance, what we care for has a tendency to go away in way or another. The question is how will we respond?

Sorry, didn't mean to preach. Just wanted to say thanks. I'll shut up now.
    and thank you for your post! it gets so tiring to read constantly about people complaining or fighting when they can do something about it! i get beaten down enough at work, that i don't feel like coming to a place that used to a fun informative place to be. now it's just the same tired old people and complaining. no need to keep beating a dead horse and then spitting on it to add to it.
    if you let you're phone get to you as bad as some people have, maybe you should just get rid of technology, or re-evalute yourself. nothing or no one should be able to effect you so badly.

To OP,
    It's common knowledge that first generation products are really public beta projects. Why didn't you have the foresight to wait or even adopt a tested phone?
    totally agree with you. who really thinks anything first gen is going to be perfect and not need fixing?
    10-28-09 08:29 AM
    Mahi mahi isn't dolphin, people don't eat dolphin.
    10-28-09 08:32 AM
    Mahi mahi isn't dolphin, people don't eat dolphin.
    off topic, but your name makes me smile. [: (totally went to the website after this post.)
    10-28-09 08:58 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD