So much talk here about what works, what doesn't work...

I have a Bluetooth GPS device that I previously used with my now retired PocketPC. Is it possible to get the Storm to make a link with it and use it instead of the internal device?

Reason? Its a nice little device that I can cram near a window where it maintains satellite lock regardless of where I have the display. I think this would be very handy in the car, where the phone might loose the satellites when I used the phone on the Storm.

Thoughts? thanks, Larry
    11-26-08 10:33 AM
    I have not tried it but I would imagine you could. You will probably have to initiate the feed from the software you are using (google, WLS)
    11-26-08 10:42 AM
    So much talk here about what works, what doesn't work...

I have a Bluetooth GPS device that I previously used with my now retired PocketPC. Is it possible to get the Storm to make a link with it and use it instead of the internal device?

Reason? Its a nice little device that I can cram near a window where it maintains satellite lock regardless of where I have the display. I think this would be very handy in the car, where the phone might loose the satellites when I used the phone on the Storm.

Thoughts? thanks, Larry
    You can use an external Bluetooth GPS antenna, But the GPS is not locked in the storm. So there is no reason to unless you cannot pick up due to a reception issue. You select the device under advanced>gps> then device. You will have to pair to it first of course.
    11-26-08 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD