Folk over here in North America or Europe might be dismissive of BB10, however I know that at least in the UAE, the BB10 is probably more looked forward to than even the iPhone. People love BB over there and its no surprise that Dubai was chosen as one of the locations for the launch event. Today's paper has a full page or two of coverage dedicated to BB10. All in all people over here shouldnt get too arrogant that the fate of a company will depend whether they alone like it or not. There are equally significant economies elsewhere in the world and people are a lot more excited about BB10 there than they are over here. RIMM can not only survive but also thrive just on just serving these markets and the core users like us.

Case in example: my Dad.
    He needs a stable, reliable, solid and fast messaging system to communicate with his business contacts. He travels a lot too. AED 295 (~USD 80) gets him unlimited international BB data. His savings? Probably in the thousands. No WhatsApp is not even remotely acceptable with its nonsense servers. He needs enterprise grade reliability and is willing to pay for it. He's not comfortable with touch keyboards so the BB physical keyboard is perfect. He needs to be able to search contacts straight away so he simply starts typing on his keyboard instead of first opening the contacts app and what not.

Oh and I forgot to add. RIM has the support of the carriers behind it. This can not be stressed enough. Ultimately people end up asking the carriers whats good for them and the carriers will push BB10 because they dont want Apple and Androids duopoly. RIM might not have the financial power of MS to brute force it through but it does have the support of the carriers to brute force its way to relevance and that I think is more significant than just financial strength.
    01-29-13 10:03 PM
    Just got back from panama and it was blackberry heaven down there everyone was sporting the 9900 rarely seen an iPhone or Samsung product
    snaqvi91 and thekidshop like this.
    01-29-13 10:07 PM
    I'm in the Dominican Republic, and BlackBerry it's still leading here, even-tho carriers are not pushing it !!
    01-29-13 10:29 PM
    Wow! Nothing like here (Texas, USA)
    01-29-13 10:41 PM