Am I the only one who is excited for an android blackberry? Or at least a blackberry with FULL android support?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 03:41 PM
    The reason i use a blackberry is i don't like android, i think its terrible, i just want my good old reliable Blackberry.
    07-10-15 03:46 PM
    I want a new blackberry....if I wanted an android device I would buy an S6...or whatever..

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 03:48 PM
    I don't see anything wrong for andriod blackberry. I use a Z30 and a lg90(android). Lg90 has better performance.I would buy andriod blackberry phones to support blackberry.
    david7saad likes this.
    07-10-15 03:52 PM
    I'm scared.....

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    07-10-15 03:55 PM
    I'm a little intrigued by it. I'm a 100% PKB guy so short of LG or Motorola getting back into the slider game the only way I'd ever see a PKB coupled with solid specs and a decent app selection is BlackBerry making an Android device.

My first choice is still BB10, but BBDroid is the next best thing. If BlackBerry stops making phones period I'm essentially screwed.

Posted via CB10
    hplovecraft, BB707 and Appsdk like this.
    07-10-15 03:56 PM
    I'd prefer BB10, but it's clear it has gained zero traction in the marketplace and the sales, and thus the apps, just won't come. So if they can give us the BlackBerry experience on Android - in terms of software features, security, and beautiful hardware - then yes, I'll enthusiastically buy one! I do believe this is the one and only way to save the hardware division.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 03:57 PM
    This will be the phone saving devices that have eluded BlackBerry over the past 3 years.

Can't wait to get one!

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    bp2k7 and david7saad like this.
    07-10-15 03:59 PM
    This is for you, OP... :-)

http://gizmodo.com/why-i-suddenly-ca...rry-1716784532

�   www. CrackDroidChentral .com --- (BB10 NOT dead!)   �
    07-10-15 04:01 PM
    If I wanted an Android smartphone I would just buy the BlackBerry slider in November.
    07-10-15 04:02 PM
    As a small business owner I run 99.9% mobile computing. I'm to a point that when I need apps I go to the Google Play Store exclusively. I don't even bother with BlackBerry World.

BlackBerry 10 handles Android apps amazingly. If we can have an even richer Android experience with the solid performance and functionality of BB10 I would be very happy.

I'm to a point that when I want software. I don't wanna mess around.

BlackBerry hardware is where I draw the line however. We must maintain the quality standard that separates BlackBerry from the rest with top notch hardware. Samsung, HTC etc, build junk hardware IMHO( the devices just feel Fisher Price).

Posted via CB10
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    07-10-15 04:33 PM
    Am I the only one who is excited for an android blackberry? Or at least a blackberry with FULL android support?

Posted via CB10
    Pure Android would be regressive. A BlackBerry with all the best of BlackBerry 10 and Android would be sweet!

I'm an Android app fanboy! However Android is useless at communicating, organizing and productivity.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 04:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ditto. Planning to get one out of curiosity.

Posted from an ME173X
    07-10-15 04:57 PM
    There is a very good reason for no traction. And it is not apps - it is the lack of MARKETING. Good MARKETING will sell ice bergs to eskimos.

I'd prefer BB10, but it's clear it has gained zero traction in the marketplace and the sales, and thus the apps, just won't come. So if they can give us the BlackBerry experience on Android - in terms of software features, security, and beautiful hardware - then yes, I'll enthusiastically buy one! I do believe this is the one and only way to save the hardware division.

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 and Loc22 like this.
    07-10-15 04:59 PM
    Pure Android would be regressive. A BlackBerry with all the best of BlackBerry 10 and Android would be sweet!

I'm an Android app fanboy! However Android is useless at communicating, organizing and productivity.

Posted via CB10
    If that were the case, then BB10 should've been successful by now. No harm in trying a different approach.

Posted from an ME173X
    Donvald likes this.
    07-10-15 05:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely not. I would get an Android BB with a PKB in a flash. I probably am done with BB otherwise. I just can't deal with the limited functionality due to inadequate software options any more.
    07-10-15 05:08 PM
    I don't see anything wrong for andriod blackberry. I use a Z30 and a lg90(android). Lg90 has better performance.I would buy andriod blackberry phones to support blackberry.
    That LG has a comparable 1.8GHz dual core and it has better performance than the Z30? That's amazing...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-10-15 05:09 PM
    There is a very good reason for no traction. And it is not apps - it is the lack of MARKETING. Good MARKETING will sell ice bergs to eskimos.
    No, it is the lack of apps. They don't have a competitive product to advertise.
    Maxxxpower, asherN and neoberry99 like this.
    07-10-15 05:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    I find both Android and iOS to be about as good as BB for communicating and on a totally higher level for organizing and productivity. There are such huge holes in productivity apps on the BB that it is staggering. Travel for instance is night and day in favor of Android (or iOS), I go to conventions for instance and they almost all have apps with maps, schedules and all the presentations, nothing on BB. Same with the actual travel apps.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    07-10-15 05:14 PM
    On another thread I started, I mentioned how I felt lost trying to find a good restaurant with my BB10 phone. I ended up with an Android phone. I rather have a Blackberry Android phone (to fulfill my weekend outings needs) than some generic Android. All is good. Options are always good..What I like the most is the whole Google partnership. We use Google at work for almost everything so..lets see what the integration is all about...I am also excited!
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    07-10-15 05:43 PM
    I love my passport, but this is interesting. Whether I purchase it will depend highly upon the BB apps and skin on top. I'm sure the phone will be about as secure as others without BES and definitely more secure with BES.

I believe this concept WILL sell in the consumer side because no phones on the shelves have keyboards and I get a lot of people looking at my Passport saying they miss their keyboard. Even if no BB die-hards buy this, they've only given up on about 0.05% of market share to gain maybe 10% down the road.

They've set some pretty high bars for monetizing BBM, so selling more hardware = more BBM registrations (and stickers I guess) because each person will have to login with a BBID?
    lylesilverman likes this.
    07-10-15 05:43 PM
    Yellow-greenBerry phones may be badge-engineered handsets ( like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...eered_vehicles ), I suppose.

BlackBerry to roll out Android-based smartphones in 2H15, say sources

Daniel Shen, Taipei; Steve Shen, DIGITIMES [Thursday 9 July 2015]

BlackBerry reportedly plans to roll out multiple models of Android-based smartphones in the second half of 2015, with Taiwan-based handset ODMs, including Foxconn Electronics, Compal Electronics and Wistron serving as production partners, according to sources at Taiwan's handset supply chain.

While running on Android OS, the new BlackBerry smartphones will also integrate some software functions of BlackBerry OS and application services such as BES12, BBM and BlackBerry Blend, said the sources.

To enhance the competitiveness of its hardware products, BlackBerry has expanded the list of its hardware partners to include Compal Electronics and Wistron in addition to the previous partner Foxconn, the sources added.

The roll-out of Android-based BlackBerry phones is unlikely to result in losses at BlackBerry since these Taiwan-based ODMs will be responsible for R&D, marketing and channel distribution expenses, indicated the sources.

Since BlackBerry still enjoys a high brand image in a number of markets, the BlackBerry-ODM partnerships might be able to ramp up overall shipments of BlackBerry phones and therefore boosting the value of BlackBerry's hardware business unit, commented the sources.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 05:45 PM
    I would rather use an old flip phone then an Android Blackberry.
    07-10-15 05:55 PM
    I would rather use an old flip phone then an Android Blackberry.
    Cool "upgrade." At least now you'll have several days of battery life.

Posted from an ME173X
    07-10-15 06:08 PM
    I agree. People don't seem to understand that BB10 just isn't selling. BlackBerry needs the android ecosystem or they might as well stop selling phones. I'm intrigued to see how much BB10 functionality they can get into it.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 06:45 PM
117 123 ...