You might try doing a battery pull after the removal of DTG and before trying to re-download it from DataViz. That might help provide you with a cleaner install and hopefully help avoid getting the error messages.

How did you remove the original copy?
    09-06-09 02:45 PM
    I removed the original using Desktop Manager. I was finally able to download Documents to Go, and Sheet to Go shows up. So far I've been unable to open any excel files that are on the media card. When I plug the BB into my computer, the Documents folder has 2 excel files. When I browse through the card, the same folder is empty. I checked the Documents file on the device and that is empty as it should be. Also, when I attempt to open a file sent by e-mail I get a message saying that the file can not be viewed on the BB.
    09-06-09 02:50 PM
    You can't view what's on the media card via the handset while you're
    Connected via the USB. You can view it through windows explorer during that time and explorer will not show you the device itself.

Make sure you have the Attachment Service installed in Options to download and view emailed files etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 03:13 PM
    You can't view what's on the media card via the handset while you're
    Connected via the USB. You can view it through windows explorer during that time and explorer will not show you the device itself.

Make sure you have the Attachment Service installed in Options to download and view emailed files etc.

I'm not connected at the moment. When I browse through the card using BBFileScout, I can see the file. I can't open it, but I can see it. When I navigate through Sheet to Go, the folder is empty.
    09-06-09 04:52 PM
    It almost sounds like you need to turn "Enable Mass Storeage Mode" to on from your last description.

09-06-09 07:14 PM
    nope... it's enabled
    09-06-09 07:19 PM
    Maybe it's a file compatibility issue? I'm saving the files as .xlsx.
    09-06-09 07:27 PM
    Try dropping the second x, Excel's file ext is ..xls. That's probably why file scout can see it but then you can't find it in Excel!

09-06-09 07:39 PM
    Try dropping the second x, Excel's file ext is ..xls. That's probably why file scout can see it but then you can't find it in Excel!

No luck. That made no difference.
    09-07-09 11:31 AM
    Documents to Go will open .XLSX format files which come from Office 2007.
    09-07-09 01:24 PM
    Documents to Go will open .XLSX format files which come from Office 2007.
    That's good to know, I'm using 2003 which doesn't recognize that extension.

How are you trying to open the file pj, not that that should matter.
    09-07-09 01:55 PM
    That's good to know, I'm using 2003 which doesn't recognize that extension.

How are you trying to open the file pj, not that that should matter.
    I've tried two different methods:

1. Open Sheet to Go. Select Open a file. Navigate to the documents folder on the Media Card. The folder shows as empty.

2. Open BBFileScout. Navigate to documents folder on the Media Card. The folder shows two files with the same name. One has an underscore before the name and says it's -1 byte. The other is 11 Kb. When I try to open either, I get the following message: "On your BB no content hander found for 'file name'. Should the file be opened with BBFileScout PlainTextViewer/Editor?" If I click OK I get a lot of question marks mixed in with the text. It seems that STG does not recognize the file. Is there any place on the BB to select to open all files of that type with STG?
    09-07-09 03:35 PM
    You should be able to open the file through either method.

Have you tried other files?

It sounds like the file isn't properly formatted.
    09-07-09 03:49 PM
    You should be able to open the file through either method.

Have you tried other files?

It sounds like the file isn't properly formatted.
    I tried .doc & .docx with no problem. I just tried another .xls and .xlsx and got the following message:"323312346 >= 460"

It just keeps getting weirder. At least this time STG saw the files in the folder.
    09-07-09 03:59 PM
    Got it to work. It was the naming convention. It didn't like that I had 9.8.09 in the file name. I renamed it 090809 and it was fine.

Thanks for the help.
    09-07-09 07:26 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD