09-07-09 07:26 PM
40 12
tools
    How can I view documents I have saved on my memory card? I can see there is a file on the card, but when I open it, it's unreadable.
    03-02-08 05:49 PM
    If you are trying to view excel files you need to have software on your BB to read/view the files. I have GridMagic CE on mine. The CE (Community Edition) is FREE It allows you to do most excel functions. There are other versions of GridMagic that you can pay for that give you more functionality. It's a great program...works just like Excel.
    03-02-08 07:33 PM
    When the new OS releases for the Curve there will be support for the different documents also. Just look through the site or online you should be able to find software for whatever you are trying to do.
    03-02-08 07:38 PM
    Or you can try eOffice, too. More applications list here.
    03-02-08 07:39 PM
    iv downloaded the file for Grid Magic - CE onto my pc.
    Do I download it to my Blackberry and open it to install it on there? do I use Desk Top Manager at all?
    08-14-09 02:26 PM
    iv downloaded the file for Grid Magic - CE onto my pc.
    Do I download it to my Blackberry and open it to install it on there? do I use Desk Top Manager at all?
    Use DM App Loader to get it into your BB from your PC.
    08-16-09 02:54 PM
    How can I view documents I have saved on my memory card? I can see there is a file on the card, but when I open it, it's unreadable.
    You should add info to your profile that shows what type of BB you have, that will make it easier for you and others in the future to readily answer your questions since they'll most likely be related to the phone you're using.

If your BB has some variant of the 4.5 OS then it woulda come with Docs To Go, that will allow you to read Word docs on your phone. If you then do the free DTG upgrade then you'll get Sheets To Go which will read Excel spreadsheets.

If you don't have 4.5 then you might wanna consider upgrading.
    08-16-09 03:46 PM
    Umm the original post is about 18 months old. With regard to the recent question, GridMagic has OTA link GridMagic for BlackBerry - Excel Compatible BlackBerry Spreadsheet. I used GridMagic before Docs to Go and used only the wireless link to install so I don't know about the PC installation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 08:06 PM
    Iv installed GridMagic on my blackberry. I can open and create new excel files. Can I load and open excel files onto the memory card that I have already created on my pc to my blackberry?
    08-21-09 06:53 AM
    Yes, you can transfer existing files to the media card by connecting the BlackBerry to your PC via USB cable.

On the BlackBerry, go to Options > Media Card and make sure you set:
    Mass Storage Mode Support = On
    and
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected = Yes or Prompt.

When you connect, you'll get a message about not being able to see files - that refers to the BlackBerry, not the PC (when connected in Mass Storage Mode, the media card is not visible to the BlackBerry OS).

The card should appear in Windows Explorer just like any flash drive; mine is labeled "BlackBerry" but that may be a function of having formatted the card with the BlackBerry.

08-21-09 07:13 AM
    Ok
    I have found the file on my Blackberry by going menu, media, press menu again, explore and go to the memory card.
    I see the file but when I try to open I get an error message saying it can not open the file blah blah.xls.

I have Grid Magic but I am using the CE home version. WOuld that be the issue as I am not using the registered version?
    I don't think it should I am just using it to view the file. This file was created on my PC then transferred over to my BB.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    08-22-09 01:29 PM
    Upgrade your OS and you'll have Docs To Go, free and user friendly for some of the common Office file management done on a PC.
    08-22-09 01:42 PM
    I currently have OS version 4.5.0.110 on a curve 8310.
    08-22-09 02:51 PM
    Docs To Go was included in the 4.5 and > OS and if you don't have it you might still be able to install it through DM. It will require that you install the OS on a PC that also has DM installed.
    08-22-09 03:20 PM
    I installed GridMagic CE it sits in the Docs To Go folder. I can now open my word docs but still not excel files that I loaded from PC. I have all permission to allow. IM kind of stummped.
    08-22-09 05:09 PM
    Go to DataViz.com via your BB browser and register your DTG and do the free upgrade. That will give you Sheets to Go and then you'll be able to work with spreadsheets on your phone.

08-22-09 05:19 PM
    No way, i have the same problem and i make something very simple to me, i don't know if for you will work. I just remove aplic and install again and work perfectly since almost 5 months.
    08-24-09 07:20 AM
    I tried the re install and it did not work for me.
    Still a no go on my end.
    08-29-09 01:08 PM
    Open docs to go and register your copy as WP said, then hit the menu key and search for updates - there will be a free upgrade for you to download and install. This should activate sheets to go that you need to view and edit excel sheets - you will need to press the menu key and select edit mode after you've opened a sheet.
    08-29-09 02:48 PM
    I have "documents to go" on my BB and it works fine reading excel files.
    08-29-09 08:19 PM
    I dont have internet on my BB so how can i register another way?
    09-05-09 12:34 PM
    09-05-09 01:01 PM
    I am registered and have 1.007, but I only have Word to Go and Slideshow to Go. I can't seem to get Sheets to Go to install.
    09-06-09 11:22 AM
    Go into Word to Go. Press Menu. Select Check for Updates.

Alternately, go here from your computer.
    DocID: 14179 - How do I install Documents To Go on my BlackBerry smartphone?
    09-06-09 01:10 PM
    Go into Word to Go. Press Menu. Select Check for Updates.

[/url]
    I get error messages:

The downloaded module is incompatible with data already stored on the device. Upgrade anyway (some applications may not function)?
    I select Yes, then get:

Download failed
    I deleted Documents to Go, and have been unable to download it again.

907 Invalid COD
    09-06-09 02:22 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD