So as the world progresses RIM is stagnant. I want RIM to succeed and hope BB10 is a huge success but worry as people become committed to another ECO system it maybe to much to change. There now are 3 ECO systems IMO, Apple and iTunes/iCloud, Windows Marketplace/Office/Etc... and Android/Google Apps/Play etc... When BB10 comes out it will have to offer something so irresistible people would literally throw away all their money spent on apps already purchased and move their entire life over to a new system. That is if RIM even offers a cloud based ECO system.

You will see here there is no option for RIM:

Microsoft debuts revised SkyDrive website and desktop apps, Android app coming soon -- Engadget
    08-14-12 10:01 PM
    Is this your reason why RIM needs to get on the ball?
    08-14-12 10:06 PM
    good thing we have a browser...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-14-12 10:26 PM
    People haven't really been trampling each other to jump on Microsoft's bandwagon, so there is plenty of opportunity for RIM to get in there and knock them off. Not to mention the ones who aren't happy with either IOS or Android. It's also not the end of the world to move to another ecosystem, people do it all the time if they feel that it the new OS is better suited to them. The only thing sticking point is that if they were recently locked into a contract, and have to wait it out for an extra two years. RIM can still pull it off.
    kbz1960 and dentynefire like this.
    08-14-12 10:31 PM
    Does not have to be irresistable.... just cool......
    08-14-12 10:33 PM
    I try not to let people touch my Bold and people don't really say negative comments about it. My niece has a Curve & says that for her my Bold is too big. My Dad wants to buy it hehe. No, no bad comments.
    08-14-12 10:40 PM
    RIM does need a powerful cloud/ecosystem. For example, the Playbook's mishmash of a separate accounts for the music and video stores, and a lack of proprietary cloud storage puts it at a deficit.

MS has shown that the iOS/Android juggernauts are hard nuts to crack. Arguably, MS pulled off its own BB10 with the introduction of Windows Phone and yet its share of the market is lacklustre. This is a company that is far larger, more omnipresent and more recognizable than RIM. Its products like SkyDrive and Zune are arguably better than anything RIM offers for the average consumer and that still hasn't swayed many people.
    SugarMouth likes this.
    08-15-12 01:18 AM
    RIM does need a powerful cloud/ecosystem. For example, the Playbook's mishmash of a separate accounts for the music and video stores, and a lack of proprietary cloud storage puts it at a deficit.

MS has shown that the iOS/Android juggernauts are hard nuts to crack. Arguably, MS pulled off its own BB10 with the introduction of Windows Phone and yet its share of the market is lacklustre. This is a company that is far larger, more omnipresent and more recognizable than RIM. Its products like SkyDrive and Zune are arguably better than anything RIM offers for the average consumer and that still hasn't swayed many people.

Yet BlackBerry is nearing 78 million users while lumia/windows has around 7mil (and how many of those contract locked windows users are getting WP 8? None. They get 7.8. BlackBerry users are far less fickle because most are BB by CHOICE not by carrier push, or enticing discounts. Which is the only thing that sold Lumia phones this year.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-15-12 06:02 AM

It's also confusing and more known for computers and personally its anlittle confusing but no doubt it's a flashy cool OS and I wouldn't mind using it.

BlackBerry is known for being a smartphone for BBM for email for a great keyboard. Plus there are 80 million users and there are alot that have left that may be interested in all the hype brought on by BB10
    08-15-12 07:02 AM

Wow so now people only shop at one store when they go out? They never go from store to store so now they NEED everything in one place because people can't think anymore?
    08-15-12 07:09 AM
    Can RIM at least release the phone first and straighten out the wrinkles in bb10 before saying what they need to do. I don't know why people use the word "cloud"
    sleepngbear likes this.
    08-15-12 12:29 PM
    Jesus, RIM better do something quick or it's all over!
    08-15-12 12:31 PM
    How do we know that Microsoft won't release a SkyDrive app for BB10?
    08-15-12 12:47 PM
    Yet BlackBerry is nearing 78 million users while lumia/windows has around 7mil (and how many of those contract locked windows users are getting WP 8? None. They get 7.8.
    How many BB OS6 users got OS7? There are quite a few Torch 9800 users out there that still have a year to go on contract. Ditto for 9780 owners.

At least the WP owners get a sizeable upgrade.

BlackBerry users are far less fickle because most are BB by CHOICE not by carrier push, or enticing discounts. Which is the only thing that sold Lumia phones this year.
    That's a specious argument. Have you proof to back that up? Typically, BlackBerry's are the phones with some of the deepest discounts in my country (Canada). Out of my immediate circle of friends, only three have BB's and two own Android phones as well. BlackBerry by choice? For all three, it was BlackBerry because they had to.

Wow so now people only shop at one store when they go out? They never go from store to store so now they NEED everything in one place because people can't think anymore?

Convenience = stupidity? I guess a grocery store is a horrible idea in your books.

Are you saying Amazon, Google Play and the App/iTunes stores are products of people being unable to think? They aren't. They're products of companies that realize people don't like d&cking around with multiple accounts and want seamless integration with their device.

Seamless integration is what BB10 needs to have to even catch up to Apple and Windows Phone.
    SugarMouth likes this.
    08-15-12 01:01 PM
    Yes for people who don't want to think or want a choice. Do you buy everything at your grocery store? Sure it's convenient but that fridge they sell is piece for crap and maybe cost more than one elsewhere.

I like to shop where I get the best deal on the best products. I don't buy something just because the place selling it is convenient. We can't all have no time for anything.
    08-15-12 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD