Ex-BlackBerry execs take on the Cannabis world with Furna-pf-1e0cf37c-furnavapepackagingrenderrgb.png

I've always found it interesting where ex-BlackBerry execs end up. Plenty went to Samsung, Apple, etc. And then there are folks who branched out on their own and did their own thing. Looking through some recent news, I came across a press release for Furna, the world’s first modular cannabis vaporizer, that was designed in Ontario by Ex-BlackBerry executives.

Key features of the Furna system include:

- Furna Vaporizer: Offering the flexibility and convenience to pack and store both dry herb and concentrates, the Furna Vaporizer ensures that you’re ready for any adventure. To make it hassle and mess-free, the included funnel and multi-tool make packing Furna a breeze. It can also be used to clean the oven quickly. Ready when you are, its long-lasting battery heats up in as little as 18 seconds and holds a full charge for over 20 sessions per charge.

- Furna Digital Screen. 53 mm long, 9 mm tall, and hidden until turned on, the dot matrix display makes it easy to customize your experience through the menu in English, French, or Spanish.

- Furna Concentrate Ovens. Ready for all concentrates, the concentrate oven features a high-quality, replaceable ceramic heating element and glass bowl. Since there’s no exposed coil, you can enjoy flavourful hits without any metallic aftertaste.

- Furna Dry Herb Ovens. For users who prefer dry herb, Furna’s ovens are constructed out of high-quality, food-grade stainless steel. The unique push-and-twist top keeps your herb safe, while the ceramic cooling coil keeps the vapor at an ideal temperature. The whole mouthpiece can also be easily disassembled for fast cleaning.

- Furna Oven Carrier. Measuring a little over three-and-a-half inches long, this compact device can carry up to two ovens at a time, enabling a seamless transition from dry to concentrate or vice-versa — even on-the-go.

- Furna Nib Packs. Colour-code and customize your ovens with six different nib colors. These can be used to identify the type of herb, the type of oven, or just which ones are spent and which ones are ready to use.

I won't go into detail here, since it's rather off-topic for CrackBerry, but if you're interested in learning more Mashable has a great writeup here on it or you can check out the Furna website. Since they launched today, they are currently hosting a 40% off sale. Kinda wild to go from helping design BlackBerry devices to designing vaporizers.
    11-27-20 12:41 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pf-1e0cf37c--FURNAVapePackagingrenderRGB.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	450100

I've always found it interesting where ex-BlackBerry execs end up. Plenty went to Samsung, Apple, etc. And then there are folks who branched out on their own and did their own thing. Looking through some recent news, I came across a press release for Furna, the world’s first modular cannabis vaporizer, that was designed in Ontario by Ex-BlackBerry executives.

Key features of the Furna system include:

- Furna Vaporizer: Offering the flexibility and convenience to pack and store both dry herb and concentrates, the Furna Vaporizer ensures that you’re ready for any adventure. To make it hassle and mess-free, the included funnel and multi-tool make packing Furna a breeze. It can also be used to clean the oven quickly. Ready when you are, its long-lasting battery heats up in as little as 18 seconds and holds a full charge for over 20 sessions per charge.

- Furna Digital Screen. 53 mm long, 9 mm tall, and hidden until turned on, the dot matrix display makes it easy to customize your experience through the menu in English, French, or Spanish.

- Furna Concentrate Ovens. Ready for all concentrates, the concentrate oven features a high-quality, replaceable ceramic heating element and glass bowl. Since there’s no exposed coil, you can enjoy flavourful hits without any metallic aftertaste.

- Furna Dry Herb Ovens. For users who prefer dry herb, Furna’s ovens are constructed out of high-quality, food-grade stainless steel. The unique push-and-twist top keeps your herb safe, while the ceramic cooling coil keeps the vapor at an ideal temperature. The whole mouthpiece can also be easily disassembled for fast cleaning.

- Furna Oven Carrier. Measuring a little over three-and-a-half inches long, this compact device can carry up to two ovens at a time, enabling a seamless transition from dry to concentrate or vice-versa — even on-the-go.

- Furna Nib Packs. Colour-code and customize your ovens with six different nib colors. These can be used to identify the type of herb, the type of oven, or just which ones are spent and which ones are ready to use.

I won't go into detail here, since it's rather off-topic for CrackBerry, but if you're interested in learning more Mashable has a great writeup here on it or you can check out the Furna website. Since they launched today, they are currently hosting a 40% off sale. Kinda wild to go from helping design BlackBerry devices to designing vaporizers.
    So are we expecting a future Cannabis Nation or Stoned Nation forum site? Like what I did there, Future or future?
    11-27-20 04:17 PM
    This brings retroactive validation to all those Forum comments that began "What were BlackBerry executives smoking when they..."
    baltman, Bla1ze, howarmat and 4 others like this.
    11-27-20 04:32 PM
    This brings retroactive validation to all those Forum comments that began "What were BlackBerry executives smoking when they..."
    Another belated Happy T-day ECM !!!! Be safe up there.....
    11-27-20 04:37 PM
    Another belated Happy T-day ECM !!!! Be safe up there.....
    You too, Chuck
    11-27-20 04:42 PM
    So are we expecting a future Cannabis Nation or Stoned Nation forum site? Like what I did there, Future or future?
    Haha! Not that I'm aware of, but that doesn't mean anything. I tried to get Kevin to fund my vaping site years ago. He never took the bait.
    11-27-20 05:49 PM
    Haha! Now that's a good one.
    11-27-20 05:49 PM
    .........designed the Passport!
    11-27-20 09:53 PM
    Ha! Maybe we can assume this product enjoyed better beta testing than Storm? Lol.

Anyone remember the Alpo exec? Some around me still refer to exec level beta testing as "eating Alpo...". Lol.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-28-20 05:26 AM
    Ha! Maybe we can assume this product enjoyed better beta testing than Storm? Lol.

Anyone remember the Alpo exec? Some around me still refer to exec level beta testing as "eating Alpo...". Lol.
    LOL at dogfooding.
    11-28-20 10:36 AM
    LOL at dogfooding.
    My dog Magnum, doesn’t get the joke.... I explained it to him but he didn’t laugh.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-28-20 10:38 AM
    My dog Magnum, doesn’t get the joke.... I explained it to him but he didn’t laugh.
    He would want people fooding.
    11-28-20 10:46 AM
    Did you SHOW him? Lol...

First eat at the prey = Alpha, in polite canine society. Potentially an existential hierarchy. Depending on prey availability... Lol. Watching his favorite human eat his food FIRST probably derives comfort in knowing WHERE he fits in pecking order? Magnum might not consider it a laughing matter, tho...?? Lol.

Most of my bid projects reserve a 10% "upon acceptance" provision. In all of my career, I've never even submitted "final acceptance" invoice until MY hand, or hands of VERY trusted colleagues, have personally operated the design. We still verify amongst ourselves when readying final invoice... "...eat Alpo?". Lol. Good for some strange expressions amongst youngsters, at least.

Beta testing a cannabis device, however, seems to invite fitness for duty issues? ?? Lol.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-28-20 11:40 AM
    Might these folks be on to something?

Been suspected for quite a while, afaik, that care, nurturing and petting of our big slab "Tamagotchi pets" generates bonding oxytocin.

Some suspicion that THC enhances the oxytocin bonding effect? Maybe adding THC to slab use enhances bonding to the device? And subsequently to Apple, Google, FB, Twitter, etc, etc...?? What might THOSE purveyors of addiction pay for the concept? Lol.

Pondering ways to trigger cannabis vapor release thru screen swipes, taps, pinches... ? Perhaps some ELF EMF mixed in from the electrically interfaced capacitance? Wonder which ELF frequency maximizes oxytocin? ???

Ah, haha... Heehee... Professional scientists (engineers lol) CAN seem raving mad at times... Lol.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-29-20 12:44 AM