If it were Android software on RIM hardware (assuming competent processor and stuff), I'd definitely stick with the Blackberry.

Stale, boring, laggy OS for BES, Android for BIS. Let's do it!
    2012 is coming soon enough my friend, lets not rush the apocalypse.
    08-19-10 10:19 PM
    And Steve, if i couldn't have my Blackberry i'd have an Android phone over a crappy iPhone in a pinch.
    Now that jailbreaking an iPhone is legal I think you should rethink that. A jailbroken iPhone is 10x better than anything Android.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 09:21 AM
    Now that jailbreaking an iPhone is legal I think you should rethink that. A jailbroken iPhone is 10x better than anything Android.

Lol. Really? When was this fact announced? Rooting is legal as well. I bet you have no clue with what you can even do.
    08-21-10 11:15 AM

Definitely incorrect. In fact considering all my friends with jail broken iphones that went Android because of the tired of jail breaking nonsense... I doubt you've even touched an Android phone.
    08-21-10 11:25 AM
    Lol. Really? When was this fact announced? Rooting is legal as well. I bet you have no clue with what you can even do.
    Yup it's officially legal. This was said a little while back here is a link On Call: Go ahead and jailbreak, it's legal now | Dialed In - CNET Blogs
    08-21-10 12:55 PM
    Yup it's officially legal. This was said a little while back here is a link On Call: Go ahead and jailbreak, it's legal now | Dialed In - CNET Blogs
    I know it is legal.. I was regarding the "really?" towards him saying "A jailbroken iPhone is 10x better than anything Android." He stated it as fact.
    08-21-10 12:57 PM
    Ohhh my bad. Well that whole comment he made is well... I'm staying out of that chest match. I like my unbroken iPhone just fine. Just like I'm sure some android user like there unrooted stood device. And visa versa to each his own. This will soon become a worthless argument.
    08-21-10 01:01 PM
    Ohhh my bad. Well that whole comment he made is well... I'm staying out of that chest match. I like my unbroken iPhone just fine. Just like I'm sure some android user like there unrooted stood device. And visa versa to each his own. This will soon become a worthless argument.
    Exactly. I have used both, and it is all a matter of personal preference.
    08-21-10 01:03 PM
    Yup +10 on that.
    08-21-10 01:07 PM
    blackberry isn't going anywhere. Blackberry is the king of the hill. Android is an Alternative. Iphone is the best touch screen experience.

Blackberry is where it's at!
    08-21-10 03:04 PM
    blackberry isn't going anywhere. Blackberry is the king of the hill. Android is an Alternative. Iphone is the best touch screen experience.

Blackberry is where it's at!
    You remember what always happens to the "KING OF THE HILL"?? Even if he was the biggest and strongest kid at school, all the smaller kids eventually worked together to knock him down....

I think the RIM is only KING OF THE HILL for corporate users these days, don't really see that changing for a while...

But if ANDROID wanted to really crack the corporate market, Google does have their own Servers and Email System in place... would it take that much to create a BES type experience for some Android Devices? I doubt they ever will, because I think they know that RIM has a problem that is going to become more evident as network speeds increase to 4G/LTE. BB may use less data, but by routing all that data through their servers, encrypting and compressing it - I think RIM has created a bottle neck that is going to become much more noticeable as the network speeds increase. I think that is why the browser in OS6 is not as fast as the iPhone and Android.
    08-21-10 06:59 PM
    Some of us at least recognize the HUGE security threat that Android presents and don't want every Chinese hacker to have access to our phone books, emails, calendars and every other bit of information on our phones. Google has proved their 'security' is inadequate.
    08-21-10 07:10 PM
    I think that is why the browser in OS6 is not as fast as the iPhone and Android.
    Does the browser run through their NOC while connected to WiFi? Because if it doesn't then it is still slower according to CrackBerry Kevin's tests.
    08-21-10 07:45 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD