Hello Fellow Addicts ,

I've been having problems with my bb curve 8310 for the last two months. Everytime I would start typing an email on my bb, I would get an "uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" error and the email would disappear while typing. I did soft resets, battery pops and still the problem continued. I reloaded the OS due to NOT reading all of the instructions for the CrackMem utilility and deleted the pre-installed themes (not realizing that my others themes were dependent on the pre-existing ones). But the problem still occured. Then yesterday, while typing a txt message, an error code flashed and my bb automatically did a soft reboot. After the reboot, while trying to send another email, I would get the "uncaught exception" error after only typing one sentence and again my berry crash. It was then that I realized that I needed to perform a wipe on my curve to resolve this problem. My phone is the first blackberry I ever owned and I didn't want to nuke my baby. Last night I tried the JL Cmder util and couldn't get it to work to save my life. Finally I came home today and did some serious research on crackberry and guess what, not only was I able to perform a wipe on my device (had to use the loader.exe/nojvm from the DOS window), but updated the OS and now I have more memory and NO ERRORS when typing an email! The point of this long story is that the blackberry geniuses on this site are a god send. People, PLEASE DO SOME SERIOUS RESEARCH ON THIS SITE BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO MAKE ANY CHANGES TO YOUR BB.

I really appreciate everyones help in getting through this process!!!! The knowledge that everybody provides on this site is incredible. Maybe now I will have the guts to upgrade my bb to 4.5.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!! I'm proud to be a part of the crackberry family.
    11-26-08 09:43 PM
    Welcome and glad it all worked out for you.

Your advise at the end is very sound and if more people heeded it
    there would be less headaches.

As for the OS upgrade, take your own advise, but after what you
    went through to fix your problem you are almost certain to get
    it right. This thread is really good to read before doing the upgrade.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    11-26-08 11:18 PM
    Hello Fellow Addicts ,

I've been having problems with my bb curve 8310 for the last two months. Everytime I would start typing an email on my bb, I would get an "uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" error and the email would disappear while typing. I did soft resets, battery pops and still the problem continued. I reloaded the OS due to NOT reading all of the instructions for the CrackMem utilility and deleted the pre-installed themes (not realizing that my others themes were dependent on the pre-existing ones). But the problem still occured. Then yesterday, while typing a txt message, an error code flashed and my bb automatically did a soft reboot. After the reboot, while trying to send another email, I would get the "uncaught exception" error after only typing one sentence and again my berry crash. It was then that I realized that I needed to perform a wipe on my curve to resolve this problem. My phone is the first blackberry I ever owned and I didn't want to nuke my baby. Last night I tried the JL Cmder util and couldn't get it to work to save my life. Finally I came home today and did some serious research on crackberry and guess what, not only was I able to perform a wipe on my device (had to use the loader.exe/nojvm from the DOS window), but updated the OS and now I have more memory and NO ERRORS when typing an email! The point of this long story is that the blackberry geniuses on this site are a god send. People, PLEASE DO SOME SERIOUS RESEARCH ON THIS SITE BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO MAKE ANY CHANGES TO YOUR BB.

I really appreciate everyones help in getting through this process!!!! The knowledge that everybody provides on this site is incredible. Maybe now I will have the guts to upgrade my bb to 4.5.

I'm glad it worked out for you. CB is a wonderful alternative to buying a brand new BB...
    11-27-08 12:02 AM
    Welcome to CB. Yes there is a lot of useful information here on this site. I have saved several bricked BB's thanks to this site now.
    11-27-08 06:53 AM
    You are braver than me. I have been lucky with my Curve and never had to go thru what you did. I agree about the quality of the people and help on CB as they have saved my BB backside sdeveral times.
    A wonderful Thanksgiving to you also.
    11-27-08 07:14 AM
    I've only had my Curve since Monday and I've had the "uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" error four or five times now, usually after hanging up a phone call.
    11-27-08 08:18 AM
    I am happy for you. happy thanx giving to you all
    11-27-08 08:24 AM
    let me start by saying that i love my BB 8330. when i was looking at smart phones ever one told me not to get a Q or a windows phone because they crash or you have to reset them daily. i have never own a windows phone and have just got my first BB in April of this year and we all know that by reading this forum that BB'S crash a lot to.i just can't imagine a windows phone ( Q ) crashing or having to be reset more than a BB we read on here all the time that people are having trouble with their OS.
    11-27-08 08:40 AM
    Seriously? BB's are some of the most stable smartphones and almost never crash. It's good to turn them off and on every once in a while, but not usually necessary. I hope you realize that the reason you see so many posts that say "help! my blackberry's not working" on this forum is because the tens, if not hundreds, of millions of people whose bb's work just fine don't post here saying "yay! my bb is working!" We Crackberrians also like to tweak our bb's more than average and that can lead to some problems, but they're almost always resolved. In day-to-day use, a WinMo phone is much less stable!
    11-27-08 01:10 PM
    ...The point of this long story is that the blackberry geniuses on this site are a god send.

Thank you for those kind words on behalf of all the folks that contribute to making this a rewarding and gratifying experience.

Our BlackBerrys are the most reliable devices made. The science that went into the Mars Rovers is at the heart of BlackBerry. Nothing else comes close.
    11-27-08 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD