Found this Video on another blog site and wanted to share it with you.

Personally Texting and driving has never been my "todo" list. My sister and mother were driving a 2002 Volkswagen Jetta going to a Christmas party and was stopped behind a UPS delivery truck and a second truck, a residential HVAC repair man was reading a text message and didn't stop in time and pancaked the Jetta. Luckily my mother and sister only got minor scratches, and some bumps and bruises but the idea of Texting and Driving moved down alot.

Then this past year a co-worker of mine was texting and driving in a company truck and hit a motorcyclist, to say the least he didn't make it. So at that point in my life i decided that I wouldn't text and drive, no matter what. In fact i went out and bought my wife and i blue tooth headsets so we wouldn't even have to touch the phone if we should get a phone call while driving.

Not only are you endangering your self, but you are endangering the lives of everyone else around you. A mother, a father, a daughter, a son, an uncle, an aunt, someone's best friend, someones future wife, some young ladies future husband. The man that can find a cure for cancer and prevent it from even happening. Who knows what the person you endanger is capable of doing in their life.

As we go into the new year i would like to encourage you and yours to put down the cell phone while you are behind the wheel. In this video one man mentioned looking away for 5-6 seconds. Let do the math at 60MPH you are traveling 5,280 ft in one min. That is 88feet per second. So in 5-6 seconds you've traveled 440 feet in 5 seconds or 528 feet in 6 seconds. Those distances really fly by at those types of speed. Alot can change in that time frame...

I guess i'll stop rambling and post the link... it's about 10mins long BTW,

YouTube - AT&T Don't Text While Driving Documentary
    Last edited by syb0rg; 12-31-10 at 09:21 AM.
    12-31-10 09:00 AM
    WOW! I don't usually txt and drive but this is going to make me think twice about picking up the phone while driving. Thanks for posting! everyone should read/view this post.
    12-31-10 09:14 AM
    Everyone one with a drivers license and cell phone should be required to watch this! Thanks for posting.
    12-31-10 09:22 AM
    Everyone one with a drivers license and cell phone should be required to watch this! Thanks for posting.
    I agree, I just emailed the link to our CEO of the company and i'm hoping we'll have our entire driver staff watch this video. It's really shocking and thought provoking...

Hopefully this will make it to the front pages of Crackberry so everyone can read it/see the vid.
    12-31-10 09:28 AM
    Thanks for posting! Have a great Happy New Year!
    12-31-10 09:49 AM
    Thanks for posting. It always takes tragedy for a lot of people to listen.
    12-31-10 09:49 AM
    Powerful Stuff!
    12-31-10 09:51 AM
    omg. I never ever tx when I'm driving, and I do use a BT for calls if i have to take them, I usually pull over so I dont lose focus of the road while talking. Or I'll just ignore the call till I can get to it. I have kids that have permits and soon dl's. I WILL BE SURE TO SHOW THEM THIS VIDEO. My heart goes out to the people in this video and thank them for sharing their stories.....i was crying within the first 2mins.....It cant be stressed enough to everyone to not talk/text while driving.....
    12-31-10 09:57 AM
    Here's a UK PSA that helped contribute to stop me from texting & driving.

larger clip of the bus driver that was seen
    12-31-10 10:46 AM
    In Canada its a law that we can't use our cellphones while driving. Its a $250-$500 charge everytime your caught.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-10 11:24 AM
    All you need to do is get the app that reads text and email out loud to youy.

12-31-10 11:38 AM
    Any chance of having this as a sticky or as part of a CELL SAFETY 101 section?
    MrObvious likes this.
    12-31-10 11:41 AM
    Any chance of having this as a sticky or as part of a CELL SAFETY 101 section?
    DEFiNATELY a GREAT idea Guatiao! *thumbs up*

12-31-10 11:47 AM
    In Canada its a law that we can't use our cellphones while driving. Its a $250-$500 charge everytime your caught.

Exactly the same in the UK. and if you a caught a few times you loose your drivers license altogether for a year.

And so you should.

ALL driver tests should include the video.
    Last edited by dangerousfen; 01-01-11 at 12:56 PM.
    01-01-11 12:28 PM
    @syb0rg: Thanks for the link and the post. I work for government at the county level. It's our policy that we don't answer the phone while driving, even using a bluetooth. This applies if you're on duty whether you're driving a County car or using your vehicle for business. I agree with this policy 100%.
    For those who might feel that this is nanny state intrusion, just stay off the public roads while you exercise your right to kill yourself or others thru your inattention.
    Last edited by oldtimeBBaddict; 01-01-11 at 01:09 PM.
    01-01-11 12:42 PM
    Please don't put on makeup and drive either, that's easily as bad.

01-01-11 01:00 PM
    Very sad stories
    01-01-11 04:15 PM
    Ummmn,I sometimes txt while walking.Bt,now I never.it took my much time to see cellphone. A new start is on the way,fighting!I will study much.Ahhhha.Happy new year!

01-01-11 09:21 PM
    thank you for the thread. As someone who drives 18 wheeler 150,000 miles per year I can tell you some stories & probably some body counts that occured from texting & calling. We like to think that blue tooth makes us safe as we dont have to hold the phone to ear but trust me.... it isnt the phone to ear that causes white sheets over dead bodies, its being engaged in conversation!!!! plain & simple, anybody want to argue with me on that I hope u bring breakfast & lunch because we will be a while & I will prove it. Just simple example....when you are in a formidable construction zone & you see signs that tell you to turn or use left or right lane & IF you are talking to someone, I swear & I promise to you either your attention to driving OR that conversation is being ignored, you cant do both, you think you can but you cant. A drunk driver thinks he or she is fine. I see it every single day of my life & noone can tell me otherwise, I see it
    01-01-11 09:47 PM
    I refrain from texting or calling when cycling, if I did, I wouldn't be alive. I don't even answer the phone unless I come to a complete stop. Bikes and phones DO NOT mix.

01-01-11 10:51 PM
    Original video link didn't load for us CB-ers on crackberries, so after much frustration, I had to manually edit the link, so here it is, click to watch:

Fack you google! Ugh.
    http://v17.lscache7.googlevideo.com/...=youtube_gdata

01-01-11 10:59 PM
    Texting while driving has been illegal for quite a while now... and I've never seen anyone do it before.
    01-02-11 06:44 AM
    The "where r" segment was sad.
    01-02-11 09:23 AM
    Seen this before, it just shows you what can happen and makes you think,
    01-02-11 10:22 AM
    I absolutely hate when people text and drive. I've seen one accedent as a result of it where the girl who ran the red readily admitted she didn't know what happened for a moment or two because she was texting.

I ride a motorcycle spring through fall, and I would rather not have inattentive morons try to kill me all the time. This goes for talking/distracted by folks in the car, on the phone, reading maps, books, newspapers (yes, I've seen this, makes me wish it was legal to shoot people let me tell you). Anyone who is distracted is a very real threat to everyone else on the road.

An automobile is a 3000+lb human guided missile. If the person operating it isn't paying attention, sooner or later bad things will happen...
    01-02-11 10:29 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD